Website designer: Looking to design a website for a server

smoochy boys on tour

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
as title says. I'm looking to design a flash website to add to my portfolio as i'm moving my career more towards flash based content as it interests me a lot more. Obviously this would be done for free as it's for my own benefit as much as the servers. Looking for an established server that would use the website and have a need for it. Please reply here if you are interested.

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
Crusade HighRate will be needing one as we're getting ready to shoot live tomorrow, would be nice to have a website/forum around :)

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
if you ae really in need for a website that will be used i am happy to do that :) i will treat you a a proper client. Porbably best to pm with requirements, prefered colour scheme, content which you want included and a basic idea of a prefered layout if you want. Anything you can think of let me know.

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
i got a few messages about websites, just to clarify i would like to stick to doing a website for a server for the moment and one that has an established name etc.

At Tom i don't seem to have a PM from you O.o but i have already started designing something :P i made the header very complex and unique now, just pulling my hair out to try and make the main body of the website look like it fits in, then i can start adding lots of nice effects.

At Bon if you could send me and requirements or a rough layout/plan of what you may want done and have a look and pick my brains. I have already started on a unique design for a website that i am liking at the moment, i'm very critical at my own work so am always changing things lol. Your website isn't bad at the moment though :)

Last edited:

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
may be a good idea :) i will post up some designs i have when possible.

For the time being the only example of some handy flash content (that is solely designed by me) is a website we designed for Gifford, a close by engineering company.

www.gifford.uk.com

Clicking the links above the banner will give you an idea. The "centres of exellence," button will give you a good example then roll your mouse over the banner which activates a few transition effects. At the moment i'm working on similar stuff but themed for mir and a whole website done in flash with a lot of eye candy but not making it look too busy.

Edit: While at work and bored i have been sculpting shapes for a layout before any detail etc would be added. This is just a sample of the sort of theme i have been thinking up, just a quick 10min job hand sculpting some shapes. This doesn't represent anywhere near what it would look like just a basic example of the type of theme i have in my head.

Edit: Got a bit over the top but i think you get the idea by now :)

Last edited:

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
forgot to mention i would keep it updated once the website would be complete. Been working on a few ideas at work. A scrolling photo gallary along the bottom of the page, just basic layouts not representing webpage at all, not much effort put in.

alaeba

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 15, 2009
Is this offer still going?

Last edited:

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
well the design i have been coming up with was for some1 else but then it wasn't needed, so yeah there is still an offer for a website, i'm just working on some annoying resolution issues at the moment to cater for all screen resolutions.