Welding

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
I'm his mate on this account posting for him, hes in hospital under going an operation something to do with parts of metal getting to the back of eye and there is a possibility that he could go blind in one eye if not two. Lets hope not!

I'll keep you lot updated

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
ERR WAT THE MOTHER ****??!?!? Are you a complete spaz? I've done welding,. i had lesson on welding at school. Have you ever heard of WELDING GUARD??!?!?! Its the hat thingy you wear with the special glass/plastic bit, which stops the sparks of the welder hurting your eyes and protects them, and i dunno how the metal sprung off :S

1) If you were welding with no welding guard or special eye protection, you eyes are basically perm dammaged

2) your a spaz for not wearing goggles

3) if college didnt have any, sue them for being ill supplied, and potential health hazzard *(you prooved this)

Last edited:

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
wow now i actually feel sorry for the guy, hope he does get better you couldn't wish this on any one really. he definitely should have went straight to hospital after the incident though.

hellcaster

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 24, 2005
Wow, just read it, i hope this guys okay he should've really gone hospital strait away ><

dopey

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 17, 2004
Ireland, Derry
my brother got hit with an ice cube in the eye over 1/2 a year ago but since he's been to ("altnagavon" and the royal in belfast) ipexil will know where i mean. Also i know a man who got a metal bit stuck on the under part of his eye during owrk ... every time he blinked he scratched his eye....

to be fair i hope you make a recoverery becuz i know the pain my brother is going through at the minute ( he has to wear a blakcet over his head to keep the light out because it "kills" his eye)

HOPE YOU RECOVER

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
cant really sue the college due to having known you should have been wearing glasses before starting your course you wouldve been told that at all times during working with any machines you should have been wearing glasses.

In this day and age I would have to disagree with your first comment. At the very least I bet he could find a "no-win no-fee" lawyer to take his case and argue that the college should have MADE him wear a welding helmet and checked and ****. Throw in the fact he's under 18 (not an adult) add that he is still learning (so may not know proper protocol), and throw in a moronic judge/deicision panel and you have £££.

In all honesty, you got kidna lucky it was molten metal which would have hardened as quite smooth. In anotehr circumstance you could have ended up with metal shavings or peices in your eye which would have shredded your eyeball.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
try ££££ or even £££££ i do see what you mean atom these days people claim on anything and this is likely to be a strong case.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
It would and will be. It plain simple facts
1) College didnt have enough goggles
OR
1) They didnt check he was wearing before starting. (at school they check all things before they even let you touch welding tool, so college must have some certain thing to check before use)
2) Its potentially damaged his eye, ay have even caused blindness.
3) Could effect whats he able to do in later life.

So :P, hes got a strong case, and even if he didnt win, do you think the college would get off hook so easy? lol

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
Sue the people that will qualify you and educate you. Nice to know there are so many bellends about, who would sue over anything.

His problem, no one elses. It's not like he didn't know to wear them.

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
yeh, it really is personal stupidity, if you are old enough and responsible enough to use a welding tool, then you are old enough to except the repercussions, if you don't use safety goggles.

The college tutors can't be in every place at once.

If i poked myself in the eye with a pen at school, and pulled my eyeball out of it's socket, i can't sue them for not checking i wasn't misbehaving with my pen.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Don't get me wrong, im not saying he should sue the college, infact the whole compensation culture is getting seriosuly out of hand. Im just stating that if he were to sue, he would probably win.

The great thing is, schools keep banning things because they are worried parents are going to sue them, and parents keep going spastic cos their kids are banned from playing football at lunchtime, yet, you know for a fact if their child was injured playing football at lunch time the school would be receiving a court summons soon after.