What do you think.....?

F4LL3N_4NG3L

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2006
Liverpool
Latest one the actual text blends in with the background at parts. change the text colour or something so it dosent blend...

Anywayz offline for a bit.

Chat later Dream :p
:)

Nono that was just a tester to see if I was on the right lines of which Sawell pointed me towards, was also on crappy college computers :( The background and text will be sorted easily its just a simple task of changing the levels of "Fill" and "Opacity" The part I'm having difficulty on is doing what Sawell suggested and removing all the outlines as tbh I've never used that Pen tool before and don't understand what it does and how it works lol. Erm thinking if it would be easier and better to use the Lasso tool then smudging.... Anyways i'll find away around it.

xX Dream Xx

Pure_Fusion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 17, 2006
OMFG wow that's weird to use. What it do? What it for? I've never used that tool before I used the LASSO tool for all my tracing and cutting out.

xX Dream Xx

Go on www.good-tutorials.com and search "pen tool" alot of stuff will come up, if i remember right there are some animated ones that show how to use it exactly. Ages ago when i tried to use it i couldent do it but after i read some tuts i masterd it in like 5minutes.

Dont take this as a flame but what the hell is up with all these replys? Wow the shading is good? Its below basic, but i guess on a forum with people that never used a pencil in their life they see anything made by it great.

And this is 'great' shading as some of you said his work is.

Hayan_and_Rawan_by_DeathLord.jpg

F4LL3N_4NG3L

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2006
Liverpool
Go on www.good-tutorials.com and search "pen tool" alot of stuff will come up, if i remember right there are some animated ones that show how to use it exactly. Ages ago when i tried to use it i couldent do it but after i read some tuts i masterd it in like 5minutes.

Don't take this as a flame but what the hell is up with all these replys? Wow the shading is good? Its below basic, but i guess on a forum with people that never used a pencil in their life they see anything made by it great.

Erm correct me if I'm wrong but this is my first time shading on Photoshop and I've already stated that. Wtf is your problem with my work and with other people advising me on how to improve? Tbh you've got cheek to even come on my thread and try to diss my work fully knowing that I'm LEARNING, of f*cking course it's below basic. Hopefully you'll get it into your thick head soon as your making yourself look a right tw@. You come on here talking a load of sh!t about people on LOMCN "sucking" up to me about my work when they have no need to I'm not paying them for advise (they doing it out of the kindnes of thier hearts unlike some people) and I'm not professional just some random person trying to better herself at something.

And as for the image you left, yea its ok but tbh for starters as already stated Squall has too much muscle (wtf he on steroids??) and Rinoa's face is too fat and why does it look like she has an Adam's apple?

Btw this your own work or it just found randomly on the internet? If it is yours, you say to me I don't have clue about the angle of shading when clearly it's you who don't know the first thing about shading as I for one can't distinguish which way the light is coming from. Like a stupid guy once said to me "Like where is the light comming from? you just done random shading to make it look 'good'." Also tidy your paper up as the pencil is smudged all over the place. And if it ain't yours can you provide me with some of your work on shading as I'm not taking sh!tty comments (yes comments without advise) from someone who seems not to even know basic shadings.

Finally @ Pure_Fusion: If you aint got advise or feedback, STOP and THINK before posting your sh!tty comments.

Seriously can't wait until I get a scanner (just don't know when that will be) and start doing my own drawing.

xX Dream Xx

Last edited:

Pure_Fusion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 17, 2006
Erm correct me if I'm wrong but this is my first time shading on Photoshop and I've already stated that. Wtf is your problem with my work and with other people advising me on how to improve? Tbh you've got cheek to even come on my thread and try to diss my work fully knowing that I'm LEARNING, of f*cking course it's below basic. Hopefully you'll get it into your thick head soon as your making yourself look a right tw@. You come on here talking a load of sh!t about people on LOMCN "sucking" up to me about my work when they have no need to I'm not paying them for advise (they doing it out of the kindnes of thier hearts unlike some people) and I'm not professional just some random person trying to better herself at something.

And as for the image you left, yea its ok but tbh for starters as already stated Squall has too much muscle (wtf he on steroids??) and Rinoa's face is too fat and why does it look like she has an Adam's apple?

Btw this your own work or it just found randomly on the internet? If it is yours, you say to me I don't have clue about the angle of shading when clearly it's you who don't know the first thing about shading as I for one can't distinguish which way the light is coming from. Like a stupid guy once said to me "Like where is the light comming from? you just done random shading to make it look 'good'." Also tidy your paper up as the pencil is smudged all over the place. And if it ain't yours can you provide me with some of your work on shading as I'm not taking sh!tty comments (yes comments without advise) from someone who seems not to even know basic shadings.

Finally @ Pure_Fusion: If you aint got advise or feedback, STOP and THINK before posting your sh!tty comments.

Seriously can't wait until I get a scanner (just don't know when that will be) and start doing my own drawing.

xX Dream Xx

How about you watch your language, seem to be getting quite rude when someone is saying your not 'simply amaizing' with photoshop. My comment WASNT aimed at what people advised you but at what they said about your work, "great". Its not great. And if you are going to rip a rubbish picture to test you 'skills' at least find a decent one on google. Go on good tuts and search for tutorials, it will serv you better rather than flaming me and trying to ask people how to use something. And dont start crying when someone says you suck, if you had any skill you'd look at the picture you made above and figure out the wrong bits, feather is pixelized, you cannot see the font, well u see half of it, the background is ripped and max'ed from somewhere else.

and it isnt my picture, but hey who cares, it looks right, looks cool. and look at the eye, its doesnt look as if someone stuck a fork in it then twisted it. most probably you drawn that picture but hey ;)

Last edited:

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003

Dont take this as a flame but what the hell is up with all these replys? Wow the shading is good? Its below basic, but i guess on a forum with people that never used a pencil in their life they see anything made by it great.

You don't need a tutorial to learn how to use the pen tool.

If you keep initiating flame wars you'll see yourself banned in no time. Keep the criticism constructive or don't post.

On topic: have you had any luck with the pen yet Dream?

Pure_Fusion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 17, 2006
You don't need a tutorial to learn how to use the pen tool.

If you keep initiating flame wars you'll see yourself banned in no time. Keep the criticism constructive or don't post.

Oh right, so if i say his work is not good, and he jumps at my throat in a flame argument, i am the one which will get banned. And as for not needing a tutorial on how to use it how would u possibly know he does not need it?? Pen tool is hard to master esp if you new to photoshop.

Sawell

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 29, 2003
Oh right, so if i say his work is not good, and he jumps at my throat in a flame argument, i am the one which will get banned. And as for not needing a tutorial on how to use it how would u possibly know he does not need it?? Pen tool is hard to master esp if you new to photoshop.

Pretty much. Would be a combination of things though, such as your previous hostility towards staff, general unwillingness to post anything coherent, belittling of other members. You're just not a nice person, and you're the last type of person I wish to have lingering around the forum I moderate... purely because your contributions are unwelcome and unhelpful.

And she's female, btw. And she came here to get help and advice, not to be patronised and insulted by the likes of you.

TxGraphicz

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Nov 12, 2006
I agree with pure_fushion here it's not great work, yeah its your first ok fine. Can't say much to improve as I'm not great at vector work or whatever you want to call it. Basically the thing I find is extremely poor is it looks like you've gone for a effect that makes it look pencil coloured. why have photoshop if you want to go for that look I don't know, yes i know don't bum me, I know you've just started. Goodluck with it and try do what Sawell said and get rid of the lines.

Good luck, was an ok try just keep trying.

Tx - I was nice because pissnits on here can't accept roughness

F4LL3N_4NG3L

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2006
Liverpool

No I ain't :( I've looked on a few tutorials but when I try to do what they say the tool just seems to carry on with the last task and not start a new one. Tbh I think I might try to use another tool and see how that goes but atm I'm fairly busy with coursework so it won't be for a while.

xX Dream Xx

Rampage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 22, 2003
Coalville, Leicestershire
No offence once again here, I've posted already here, but Dream, the only way to learn graphics is to take it in your stride, I used to be absolutely crap and couldnt put two colours together. In your case you don't take in a single bad comment, and without taking in bad comments you can't find ways to improve yourself. It's impossible.

Sure, your work is OK, but it's nothing up to the standards of what alot of people have said here. You need to look more into using some more outrageous colours, get peoples attention, colour them in illuminous green if you have to ;) :P

The thing I see wrong with this design is it lacks the attention seeking side, it doesn't make you want to look twice! Make small touches, add in small shading, not just long shading, and even put in some colours which will fuse the design together and hold it still. I know all that's quite hard to understand.

It's a good piece, just needs a few improvements :)

Good luck and keep trying.

/Steish

F4LL3N_4NG3L

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2006
Liverpool
No offence once again here

/Steish

Oh no I don't take what people say to me as offensive, unless they say something without backing it up or without giving advise. Whats the point in telling someone that something is wrong and not stating how to correct it? lol If someone tells me that my work could do with something doing to it and then states how I would do it sure I'll have a go.
I know my work ain't outstanding or even great and yes it don't make people look at it twice. But thats my difficulty I find it hard to express my feelings through art and I would like to as Imo art is the next best thing to getting through to people after music.
I can use colours easily and know which colours complement each other but I tend to just use basic/realistic colours most of the time, as I think I've gone over the top.I'm studying Media so hopefully it'll help me gain confidence I need to let my hair down and show what I'm feeling. I'll probably never be able to produce "outstanding" work like some of the people on here but I'll defently be able to improve from the stuff I'm doing now. Oo and by the way, the people who've replied ain't saying my work is like a professional they just know how to use thier social skills and not make a person feel crap but to encourage them to try for a better final result. Theres a difference between saying "yes, your work is good but you could improve it by... " and "your work is crap I don't know why people saying it's good". To me the first is subtle in helping a person understand they ain't to good at what they've done, while the first is more of an insult.

@ Pure_fusion:
"How about you watch your language, seem to be getting quite rude when someone is saying your not 'simply amaizing' with photoshop."

Wtf I'm getting rude, I beg your pardon but I was just stating a simple fact that you were flaming me and my thread over my work. And I'm not having someone saying a load of bullsh!t on my thread about me or my work. Ok it may not be the best of a first attempt.And also don't try to talk down to me your not my mother, you don't even know the first thing about me.

"My comment WASNT aimed at what people advised you"

Why the f*ck you on my thread if you ain't giving advise.....?

"it will serv you better rather than flaming me and trying to ask people how to use something"

Why will it serve me better when I'm not the one flaming...? And no I'm not "trying" to ask people on how to use something I was asking whats it for. I've looked at a few tutorials on the pen tool but it don't seem to be working out as I've said on a previous post.

Note: The last image posted was just a tester for sawell to see if the colours looked ok, something to do with CG I think.... So everything apart from Squall and Rinoa are messed up as I was only focusing on thier colour.

Note 2: Won't be doing any more photoshop as busy with coursework and other social stuff but will keep you updated on the progress when I go back to it.

Note 3: Like already asked can you not post unreasonable comments, this simple means without feedback or advise don't bother posting.

Edit: The section I use with the pen tool just gets filled :S How would I stop that from happening?

xX Dream Xx

Last edited:

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
That's TX's helpful reply to
F4LL3N_4NG3L said:
Edit: The section I use with the pen tool just gets filled :S How would I stop that from happening?
took me a few looks to understand.

Way to go TX :D

It's freaky, but works, look at the green arrow, if you select that with the pen tool it will not fill, just make a 'path'. I find it useful to then make the 'path' into selection, by right clicking it.

Hope it helpzzzz.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
This is ontopic so before anyone flames me, shut up i ain't gonna read it but..

She did state this was her first piece and shes learning yet some of you are being totally pathectic, not many mind but the odd one or two, Pure_Fusion i'm laughing at that picture you put up of Squall and Rinoa's its simple horrible. The detail went well OTT, and also didn't actually think of Squall's figure.

Also lay off, its supposed to be constructive not, OMG THAT PICTURE TOTALLY SUX0RS I MEAN WHAT A NOOBZ0R. Seriously kids, grow up, yes it's not a great picture but its simple to start off with, and it has a nice effect, and it can be built on.

Rant Over.

Keep up the work hun, ignore the flaming 'ciggarettes' Hope most of you get what i mean by that.

Have Fun!!!! :) Hope to see some more of your work soon.

-Maz-

F4LL3N_4NG3L

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2006
Liverpool
That's TX's helpful reply to

took me a few looks to understand.

Way to go TX :D

It's freaky, but works, look at the green arrow, if you select that with the pen tool it will not fill, just make a 'path'. I find it useful to then make the 'path' into selection, by right clicking it.

Hope it helpzzzz.

Thank hunni, was told last night by a friend on msn. So when I got time I'll test it out ;) And yes Tx what a funky demonstration lol all my eyes could focus on was the green lol hehe.

xX Dream Xx

F4LL3N_4NG3L

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2006
Liverpool
First attempt at pen tool (boy will this take ages lol hopefully I'll get quicker the more I do)

What do you lot think?

1stpentoolattempt.jpg