Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
so i wanna see how mir has evolved sort of:
wondering what server has the most (flahsy) features atm?
stuff i'd love to look at right now:
- heroes (hear alot about them but never really played much with them)
- quest system
- tigers (again hear about them never even used one i think)
- fishing

any servers online atm that i could join to see these features?

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
just setup hero files offline.. they pretty much got it all

Apart from..

• - quest system
  • - fishing

But the heroes files have loads of good features for a server owner with a bit of creativity, by far the best files imo.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Apart from..

• - quest system
  • - fishing

But the heroes files have loads of good features for a server owner with a bit of creativity, by far the best files imo.
Well if he wants to see the quest system he could log on 3heros/4heros i guess.
We dotn have fishing tho as we always found it pointless... altho might add it for 4heros now thats a low rate.

Ive not personally played with hero files but from the screeneis and stuff i seen they do seem to have a lot of cool (maybe unbalanced, but still cool) features.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Well if he wants to see the quest system he could log on 3heros/4heros i guess.
We dotn have fishing tho as we always found it pointless... altho might add it for 4heros now thats a low rate.

Ive not personally played with hero files but from the screeneis and stuff i seen they do seem to have a lot of cool (maybe unbalanced, but still cool) features.

TD wants to see perfect features and coded proper :P your q/s is horrible in matters of coding

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
TD wants to see perfect features and coded proper :P your q/s is horrible in matters of coding
Sorry how many users does ur server have?

our quest system is coded perfectly fine to how we want it, it works and displays everything correctly.

come back when uve coded a "perfect" q/s ye

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Sorry how many users does ur server have?

our quest system is coded perfectly fine to how we want it, it works and displays everything correctly.

come back when uve coded a "perfect" q/s ye

why so offensive ? did u touched a nerve ben boy ?

i never said my work is better , i just said that for TD standards your q/s is a piece of crap :)

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
why so offensive ? did u touched a nerve ben boy ?

i never said my work is better , i just said that for TD standards your q/s is a piece of crap :)
did u touched a nerve?
You cant even form a sentence properly and ur mocking our coding.

well it works properly but has lots of glitches and poor coding on client , if u look on official/ruby one and on his u will see lots of differences .
thats what i'm talking about
Wow great examples, really answered that question well

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
did u touched a nerve?

Wow great examples, really answered that question well

not having english as native language has nothing to do with misserable coding

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Good point

010010000100010101011001001000000101100101001111010101010010000001000111010101010101100101010011

Last edited:

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
well it works properly but has lots of glitches and poor coding on client , if u look on official/ruby one and on his u will see lots of differences .
thats what i'm talking about

Dose a quest system have to be exactly like ruby/official ? no, it works and dose the job apparently so whats the problem.. is there server exactly like ruby/official... no again...

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
Dose a quest system have to be exactly like ruby/official ? no, it works and dose the job apparently so whats the problem.. is there server exactly like ruby/official... no again...

ur missing my point , its about TD looking on it (so he can code it on his files) and from all the quest systems coded on mir files , ben has the worst.

his q/s is working fine technically but from the very momemnet u open that window u can see that there wasnt much effort put on it to make it look proffesional

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
I think the fact of Ben running servers with bugs that are 3 years old says how well everything is coded... but td just asked to see things working didnt ask for the source and tbh any set of delphi sources are a mess

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
I think the fact of Ben running servers with bugs that are 3 years old says how well everything is coded... but td just asked to see things working didnt ask for the source and tbh any set of delphi sources are a mess

TD source and Phili Source are clean and nice delphi sources :)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
did u touched a nerve?
As he is not English, I think he does pretty damn well. In fact I think he makes more sense than most of our English speaking members!

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008

Only our files and TD's files have ever run servers consistently with 100+ users. They are messes that work.

People rave about Hero files having loads of features etc, until I see them run a server with a high usercount properly, the features are meaningless in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.