Windowed MIR 2

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
B4 you all flame meh , and call meh a spammer. I have searched the forums and have been un-sucessfull in my findings.

I am trying to run a 1.4 mir windowed. I know this is possible but cannot find out how to make it work. I have even tried a little guide in one thread about opening the .exe in Res Hacker and changing some of the code. I have done this without sucessful results. MIR stays full Screen.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance

/Huggy

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
I have seen this done twice. One time (MentaL's) it had a minimize button and a taskbar on the top of it. The other time (EvilEvil) it was just there...just smaller. I would PM one of them two and see if they are willing to divulge information about how they did it.

EvilEvil

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 22, 2003
well the best way is to use something like virtual pc, but apart from that it involves editing the exe, i have not yet tried to do this on the ledu but on the orignal files it is simple to do.

huggybear

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
I am sorry but I havent got a clue wat microsft virtual PC does .....

Could you explain this further please m8?

/Huggy

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
ive given up.. cba lol

edit

had an idea to get it to work.. MOAHA! ill let u know in an hour!

Last edited:

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
MentaL said:
ive given up.. cba lol

edit

had an idea to get it to work.. MOAHA! ill let u know in an hour!
You said a hour... :jog:

tahger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2005
I tried to get this to work too, the DirectX stuff just messes it up.. uses exact coords all over the place which don't work if you move the window.

Shinoda

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 18, 2003
Hong Kong
You used to be able to do it with one of the Chinese 1.4 cheats, just appeard in top corner of desktop... not exactly a window but wasn't full screen.

Virtual PC is something you would need to give some of your PC resources to and install an OS on it, if you wan't to do all that just for Mir go download VMWare Workstation. :)

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
didnt work.. the exe was missing summit.. those who have it currently done in like the top left corner, ill tell u how to get the box for it ;)