Windows will not load

Stonehelm

Resigned
Golden Oldie
Apr 14, 2004
Preston, UCLAN
You best call DATAFORCE a liar also aint ya, seeing it was him that put me correct on the information that was supplyd on said subject on a previous thread. I gave up on the thread where you and someone else was quoting wikki for your information.

So shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I can post every step that is need to be taken to diagnoise a fault with any hardware if you like, including every procedue that 90% of all manufactures ask us the engineers to follow. So do me a favor stfu.

Didn't you work in PC world? You must know everything then.

Seriously if anymore threads up with people flaming each other then i will start handing out temp bans and then perm bans. If you disagree with some advice thats fine but express it in a polite hammer.

This message is aimed at mapdale and skunk but applies to everyone. You have been warned.

mapadale

Didn't you work in PC world? You must know everything then.

Seriously if anymore threads up with people flaming each other then i will start handing out temp bans and then perm bans. If you disagree with some advice thats fine but express it in a polite hammer.

This message is aimed at mapdale and skunk but applies to everyone. You have been warned.
Sod working from PC world - Though did work for DSG and the tech guys - Which wasn't fun ether - Never seen so much DP broken dure to theses guys.

Senture

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 8, 2004
HAHAHA this thread is a good laugh, not so good to see things still haven't changed a f***ing bit arround here. Never mind, back on point.

Hiya,

I dont know what happing, i stay around my gf house and when i came back the next day my computer does not run windows.

This is what i tryed so fair.

1. Boot from CD
- I get the messange "Do you want to boot from DVD/CD press any key" once i press any key nothing happens after (the system crashes no error message )

2. UnPlug everythink and just left the basic thing like HD, DVD-Rom, Ram, CPU
- Still does nothing same thing as boot from cd too

3. UnPlug HD and just boot from CD still nothing loads (system crash again)

i can access the BIOS etc just nothing after that

anyideas?

Judging from the information you've provided, there seems to be a malfunction within one of the core coponents that ar required for a PC to function (CPU, RAM, Motherboard and Graphics Card).

The first thing I'd do is to download and burn a Linux LiveCD, this is a very basic OS that boots off a cd with the minimal software and drivers required to function. If that process fails, you need to eliminate the CPU, Graphics and RAM one at a time. If you have another PC you can use the Graphics card in, put it in along with the drivers, then run a 3D application such as 3DMark for a good 30 mins. Download MemTest and burn that to a CD or make a bootable floppy and run that for over 12 hours (my old ram showed errors after the 6th pass which took 7 hours), this will give you an indication of if you have defctive ram. Also, try placing the ram in another slot as it is quite common for a singual slot to go defective.

The only way to test the processor effectively, is to put it into another PC and use Orthos or Prime95 to stress the CPU. If those 3 components pass, then the culprit has to be the motherboard.

Good Luck

Dr3AmScAp3

Banned
Banned
Veteran
HAHAHA this thread is a good laugh, not so good to see things still haven't changed a f***ing bit arround here. Never mind, back on point.

Judging from the information you've provided, there seems to be a malfunction within one of the core coponents that ar required for a PC to function (CPU, RAM, Motherboard and Graphics Card).

The first thing I'd do is to download and burn a Linux LiveCD, this is a very basic OS that boots off a cd with the minimal software and drivers required to function. If that process fails, you need to eliminate the CPU, Graphics and RAM one at a time. If you have another PC you can use the Graphics card in, put it in along with the drivers, then run a 3D application such as 3DMark for a good 30 mins. Download MemTest and burn that to a CD or make a bootable floppy and run that for over 12 hours (my old ram showed errors after the 6th pass which took 7 hours), this will give you an indication of if you have defctive ram. Also, try placing the ram in another slot as it is quite common for a singual slot to go defective.

The only way to test the processor effectively, is to put it into another PC and use Orthos or Prime95 to stress the CPU. If those 3 components pass, then the culprit has to be the motherboard.

Good Luck
Best one I've found is good to use.

Knoppix 5.0 - Carefull when choosing a Linux Live CD though, as some drivers are not supported between each version.