Wireless Issue, anyone got any ideas?

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Well... Brought an adapator for the computer down stairs (saved having a cable running from router)

Well it works fine, but when the computer is started, it doesnt seem to start it self, got to unplug the adapator, and replug it, so it loads up, i've checked msconfig, and it calls the software to load up ( i think its the software used to connect )

Anyways i use the windows wireless config, as it connects easier then the software that come with the adapator

adapator is an netgear MA1111(v1)

Thanks

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
If possible, use the software provided by the wireless card manufacturer.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Have you tried scanning for new software each reboot - see if it actually knows something is there - also check it out in the device overview. Would be a first step I think to see what exactly isn't happening.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Well... Brought an adapator for the computer down stairs (saved having a cable running from router)

Well it works fine, but when the computer is started, it doesnt seem to start it self, got to unplug the adapator, and replug it, so it loads up, i've checked msconfig, and it calls the software to load up ( i think its the software used to connect )

Anyways i use the windows wireless config, as it connects easier then the software that come with the adapator

adapator is an netgear MA1111(v1)

Thanks

USB ?