Help Working server/client file links

Nic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2013
South Wales
Hi,

I'm wanting to set up a little 2.3 server of the original files to run on Windows 11 for just me and a few friends.

I followed the guide on how to set up but a lot of the links are broken or just outdated. Is there a newer set of links I've not managed to find?

Thanks!

Nic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2013
South Wales
A few links tried taking me to mirfiles but BT completely blocked me from accessing the website. I'll try that version, thanks!

Upvote 0

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I would also suggest using Crystal Files.
A lot easier to set up imo with a lot of clear tutorials to get you started.

Upvote 0

Nic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2013
South Wales
Thanks, will have a look.

Has the requirements changed to host a server for a few people? Last time I hosted was a looonng time ago so I'm hoping my old gaming laptop will do, specs are.

Intel i5 8300h
16GB DDR 2666mhz
128GB nvme
1050ti 4GB
50mb broadband

Upvote 0

Nic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2013
South Wales
Thanks guys. Been a huge help.
Post automatically merged:

I had my server online and running. But no mobs/items etc. I have downloaded your Database but how do I get it on as it said "Cannot load a database version 106, Maximum supported is 105"

Solved it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2013
South Wales
I have the game running well, everything works as it should I think. It's only for me and a few friends, but that keeps appearing in my chat box lol.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I’ve never seen this before.
@Far

I don’t mind jumping on AnyDesk later and setting it all up for you if that helps. It’ll have to be later after I get home.
It's a robot script that will be in your files you're supplying, or wherever he got the additional files from.

Just edit the robot txt files

Upvote 0

Nic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2013
South Wales
What would I have edited for it to do that? I've downloaded the files and ran them =/ How do I view the source? I'll do a search in that.

I'm running Deano1989 database if that helps.

It's a robot script that will be in your files you're supplying, or wherever he got the additional files from.

Just edit the robot txt files
Found it under 00Robot.txt, thanks! Will delete these lines and hopefully solve it. Thank You!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
What would I have edited for it to do that? I've downloaded the files and ran them =/ How do I view the source? I'll do a search in that.

I'm running Deano1989 database if that helps.

Found it under 00Robot.txt, thanks! Will delete these lines and hopefully solve it. Thank You!!!!
Daneos dB is super old now, where did you even find that lol.

Look at all the stickied threads crystal section and use the latest databases available.

Upvote 0

Nic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2013
South Wales
Alongside Jev's somewhere, I tried using his but it said "Cannot load a database version 106, Maximum supported is 105". I'm not super fussed, i'm just wanting to relive my younger days lol.

Upvote 0

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Alongside Jev's somewhere, I tried using his but it said "Cannot load a database version 106, Maximum supported is 105". I'm not super fussed, i'm just wanting to relive my younger days lol.
I got that error too when using Jev's DB.
I never fixed it though as I ran out of time :P

Upvote 0

Nic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 16, 2013
South Wales
Thats a shame, like if it was an easy fix I'd probably swap over, see whats new with Mir 2, as last time I played properly was Euro till it shut down.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
It means your server files are out of date. The compiled files haven't been updated since last year.

Download the source code and compile the latest files yourself.

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah, I don't know how to do that. :ROFLMAO: I was just happy to get it online lol.

Download the source files
Open it in Visual Studio
Once the Projects are loaded.

Right click the Client and click build
copy the build path and move the newly built stuff into your client folder

Do the same for the Server.

Reactions: Jev
Upvote 0