World of Warcraft?

Caliden

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2003
does anyone here play world of warcraft?

it seriously rocks

the world is huge and the customisation in it is brilliant

Love

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 27, 2004
The Garden
Was thinking of starting it soon, but havn't had the time (should of started the day it came out but i forgot about it).

Caliden

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 20, 2003
well theres a level cap at 60 atm so dont think you will get left behind.
its pretty easy compared to mir and actually gives you a precise amount of xp points needed to level.
atm its going to take me 40k of exp to get to 30 :D

the quests are brilliant though. it has a quest log like elder scrolls 3 : morrowwind and you get new skills every 2 levels
truly the best MMO out atm

ne0sbabe

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2004
Hull
I have a lvl 30 warrior and lvl 16 paladin.

I agree its a ace game but the quests are soooooooooooo addictive tho :(

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
30 rogue (enchanter) here, tried most of the classes... rogue was best for me :D

i play draenor server which is ace.

also i love the way that the interface is customizable.

deathrow

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 28, 2003
kirkby
im planning on gettig this son iv seen it at ma friends house(the ******* got the last copy in the uk XD) n i will be getting it on the 15th wen more cd's are relesed >.> lol

jamis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
Im a HEAVY gamer but i got to admit i really dont like this game. Everyone is saying "its a fking wooooooow game get it"...i finaly downloaded the full game , played it and seen how crap it is really now .. i enjoy playing the warcraft 3 the throzen throne than playing WoW.... And i have experienced like most of the races as i found a few servers with xp 80x taking me about 20min to get lvl 50+ pitty some of the spells dont work though as metamorph maybe it would make a difference on my view of the game ... but imo it just seems lame nothing new.(and before you start flaming me im a WARCRAFT fan aswell just dont like WoW).

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
jamis said:
Im a HEAVY gamer but i got to admit i really dont like this game. Everyone is saying "its a fking wooooooow game get it"...i finaly downloaded the full game , played it and seen how crap it is really now .. i enjoy playing the warcraft 3 the throzen throne than playing WoW.... And i have experienced like most of the races as i found a few servers with xp 80x taking me about 20min to get lvl 50+ pitty some of the spells dont work though as metamorph maybe it would make a difference on my view of the game ... but imo it just seems lame nothing new.(and before you start flaming me im a WARCRAFT fan aswell just dont like WoW).
]

Um..... WoW private servers are NOTHING like the retail version ;)

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
i am currently downloading it i cant take it anymore lol everyone talking about it i have to try it >_< and eek its kinda big.. gonna take me till 2morrow :S

jamis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
urbanfox said:
]

Um..... WoW private servers are NOTHING like the retail version ;)

I heard that there isnt much of a difference! As they just dont have some of the spells working (yet) kinda like lom but more advanced.. Also i heard it crashes as frequently as private does which sucks!!

Btw - HELP ME WITH MY COMPUTER PROBLEM!! now i cant use my "adress"bar as i type a adress press go and nowt happens.I cant even copy + page i even right-click and press copy but then when i paste nowt comes. And my internet gets disconected frequently! :(.

Ive used mcafee just now and i got 224 programs infested with the same virus .... W32/Pate.b ... :(

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Macafee sucks, I addressed your problem in the computer section, the recommended programs are found in the sticky.

WoW private servers lack the huge majority of quests and working spells, correct items, and monsters.

Unlike LOM which we have actual server files, the WoW emulators are based off no such things.

Last edited:

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
I might start playing this in a couple of months.....but I don't want to get addicted! Is WoW addictive?

ne0sbabe

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2004
Hull
Erm yep....its like u do one quest and kinda get dragged into another and so on.......

jamis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
FUTURA said:
I might start playing this in a couple of months.....but I don't want to get addicted! Is WoW addictive?

Fk no ... mate before you run 2 shop n buy it ... please go download it and play a private server ...

Soul

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 23, 2003
Suffolk, England
I played WoW back in beta on my cousins account, only had a lvl 14 orc warlock but still was major fun ^_^. Also played a few priv servers of it and had undead mage lvl 24 and what not but it hardly worked so didn't get to see much. I wanted to buy this game for quite a while now. All ran out of stock though. If i wasn't going to start a mir3 server soon when it's up. I'd def go buy it ASAP and play :) I just need to find out what server majority of my m8's play on. Also not sure whether to be mage/rogue/warrior >_< heh.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
If you want to play the retail version of wow i give you one piece of advice..

DONT PLAY PRIVATE SERVERS!

i give you my word that it will ruin it for you, you will wonder why it takes you soo long to level and therefor get bored.

jamis doesnt know the real WoW :)

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
lozmuir said:
If you want to play the retail version of wow i give you one piece of advice..

DONT PLAY PRIVATE SERVERS!

i give you my word that it will ruin it for you, you will wonder why it takes you soo long to level and therefor get bored.

jamis doesnt know the real WoW :)

He's totally right, unlike mir priv WoW servers are not anywhere near the retail game.

Quests are a huge part of WoW showing you around the world, new areas, different mobs, special places, etc etc that priv servers leave out.

Private servers are heavily stripped down versions of retail.