WTF man? Gay internet.

HunterrrR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2006
My ISP is BT. Yes it does suck, but my friend across the street has bt and he never experienced the same problem as me.

I have a Wireless ADSL router, and basically it just randomly disconects me from the net, sometimes taking me up to 30-1hour in order to make the connection work. When the phone rings the internet always drops, and i can only connect to the internet after the conversation is finished and the phone is put down. Sometime when the line drops the only way to make it work is if i pick up the phone and i listen to the tone for a couple of seconds (about 10) then put the phone down and the connection light for dsl light stabalises.

There are 2 main lights .

1 - saying 'internet' telling me its connected (i dont have to connect to internet when i open explorer.)
2 - saying 'dsl' this one if it flases i cannot connect, whish is quite frequently.

Its kinda strange, say if the DSL light is flashing on my modem, i will then press shut down and as it shuts down the light stabilises. Also sometimes both lights are on which indicates the internet is ready for use but as i click on the internet explorer tab and load it up, the internet immediatly disconects!!! and the lights flash again, this happens about 4-10 times in a row usually.

I phoned the bt people but they said they found no problems what so ever with my connection. Im quite tired and pissed off with them as most of them dont have a clue about computers,

"are all the cables connected properly?"
"is it connected to the master plug?"
"have u tried swiching the filter"

Called 3 times all of them asking me the same questions, then telling me they will call back, which they did to tell me they found nothing.(btw answer is yes to all of them if helps). At 50p per minute the phone bill isnt cheap, as the ****ers put u on hold and most 1-2minute discussion with them ends up about 20minutes due to the fact of waiting to get someone to answer the damn phone.

peppe

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 30, 2004
well m8 my bt once every 2-3 days and oftenly only works for 10-15sec spikes if i have a downlaod goin it will work never at full speed obviously mir allways works tho dont no whos better off and this can last up2 a full 6 hours proper *******