ZeroOnline

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Its currently in Alpha testing by the looks of it its based around Gundam Wing that cartoon TV program.

http://www.zero3000.com/

Introduction:
ZERO is a sci-fi online game developed and published by TQ Digital Entertainment.

In the world of ZERO, the players no more play as warriors or mages in a desolate land but the pilots who master high-tech weapons, fighting in the immense universe. Shuttling between the numerous galaxies, the units of various forms and functions are navigated by the pilots to fight against ferocious alien enemies. It is an epic war: battling for the Earth Alliance is the pilots` ultimate honor and eternal duty.

Features:

1. Mech-Warrior

ZERO offers various units of incredible power for the players to pilot. To survive under varying battle conditions, these units are classified into two types: Melee and Range.

Melee units use hand to hand weaponry such as swords and scythes. Yet due to their high-tech rebuilding, these weapons can deal extraordinary damage to the enemies. The Ion Vibrating Blade, the Impulse Sword, and the energy Spear are just a few of the futuristic weapons providing the ultimate potency for these Melee pilots. While some of the more advanced melee weapons are made of photon power which combines the sheer force of these weapons with futuristic know-how; making them visually dynamic and incredibly powerful.

Range units excel at long-distance attacks, and the super guns are their favorite weapons. Equipped with different types of weapons, they can exert critical attacks of different attributes. The Flame Guns can eject high-temperature flames; the Frost Guns freeze the targets instantly; the Shotguns can frighten off the enemies; and the Machine Guns inflict instantaneous, multiple damage on the enemies. In addition, the unique multi-weapon system allows for simultaneous and varied attacks. The advanced range weapons have also incorporated the use of photon energy.

Both types of units can perform upgrades by accumulating EXP which is increased through battle. After each upgrade, not only will the performance of the unit become more reliable but the appearance will become more elaborate.

2. Funnel System

In ZERO, the funnel system was created to meet the players` expectation of multi units!

The funnel system is a unique feature, which allows a pilot to operate 3 units at the same time. When the main unit reaches level 100, the player can get the second funnel and the third at level 145.

You can easily rotate between the three units. When one is set as the main unit, the other two will become funnels to provide greater support.

Once the main unit is destroyed, one of the funnels will immediately take it¡¯s place. This system strengthens the security of your unit. The funnels also have unique resistance to flame and frost damage. By smart shifting through your units you can drastically reduce the overall damage to any one particular unit. In addition, the funnel¡¯s energy will be transferred to the main unit to enhance its potency.

3. Core System

The core system is one of Zero¡¯s unique features. There are 10 core types in the game. Each type has an exclusive core program and features different functions. For example; one can increase the enemy¡¯s damage, while another may possess the ability to detect others. When a core is equipped, the core-program will be loaded to the main unit.

Besides the core programs, each core owns up to 4 auxiliary programs. Each program endows the unit with a special function: declining a marriage proposal, shifting damage, upgrading the control-level of your weapons, and even forbidding other units` to jump, etc. The wide variety of programs and their additional features makes game play varied.
Some special programs allow you to establish an energy field across the entire map. This will cause your EXP or HP to suddenly increase. On the contrary, a weakening field also can be established, which makes the enemy unit unrepairable or its max HP decrease.

The core-combination system will help to decide which core program is best suited to you. But if the core-programs of two cores are the same can they be combined to one core. A maximum of 4 auxiliary programs can be transplanted into a new core.

By intelligently utilizing the various cores, you can customize your unit to suit your taste.

4. Transformation System

Both melee or ranged units can transform into various units ranging from a powerful gunnery chief to a roaring dinosaur. You can transform your unit as you see fit. Each transformation not only changes your shape, but can reinforce your strength, provide a wider attack range or a faster attack speed, etc. The transformation process is fully explained during game play.

5. Equipment Upgrade System

The multi-upgrade of equipment is also a feature in ZERO!

There are many mysterious gems in the world of ZERO which are classified into four types, dependant on their effects: Potency Gems, Exp Gems, Attack Gems and Defense Gems. The energy of these gems is unstable, so they can only be socketed into specific equipment. However, when fashioned properly, it will result in increased performance.

Meteors also have the ability to upgrade the level of your equipment and make it more ergonomically sound.

The Equipment Bonus System allows for limitless high-quality equipment upgrades. Additionally, the laser signature system imprints your name on your equipment so no one else can use it.

In Zero, there is a myriad of mysteries waiting for you to explore like the breathtaking spaceship missions which challenge your ability to command your units.

Zero is as vast and mysterious as the universe so¡*what are you waiting for? Step into your MECH and unleash the havoc and fury that is inside every galactic adventurer.

My oppinion:
Very good interesting game from what I have seen so far it is a game based around alot of quests which is brilliant and with the guidance system (located next to your radar in top right you can use it to travel to any main location on the map EG. shops). I havnt experienced much pvp only had 2 and first lost fairly fast but second I managed to get used to the jumper control and gave it a good crack and won due to using a exp move :) but its well worth the effort to play.

I have attached a quick screen of me ingame killing some robots.

Last edited:

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
looks cheesey and cartoony can ya get some more pic's?

btw can anyone tell me what MMORPG stands for, i know RPG is role play game

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
its a rly good game, i proper got into it... but the lags just a joke... i lag all the time and lag out. dunno if its pc or net... the game dont lag i run about and shot normally.. just fk all happens lol, then it all unlags and im dead. good game but cba playin when i d/c every 2mins

Last edited:

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
its a rly good game, i proper got into it... but the lags just a joke... i lag all the time and lag out. dunno if its pc or net... the game dont lag i run about and shot normally.. just fk all happens lol, then it all unlags and im dead. good game but cba playin when i d/c every 2mins

Yeah its a prob at there end I spoke with the team that run it its because of its alpha testing and they didnt expect such a massive surge of people joining they are working on getting some more servers up and getting rid of lagg on current server.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Yeah its a prob at there end I spoke with the team that run it its because of its alpha testing and they didnt expect such a massive surge of people joining they are working on getting some more servers up and getting rid of lagg on current server.
aye i read on forums taht theres a new server goin up... ill probably join the new 1 to be on par with every1 else lvlin lol.

like lvl35 now uber leet! lol.... id be like lvl60 by now if i didnt lag out every 2mins and could actually hit ppl tho :x

ne idea where its hosted? as it defo aint ne where near UK lol

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
its a good game just the lags a joke, i dunno if its my pc or not but dont think it is =l

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Server cant handle high ammount of users atm, yeah it is a good game graphics are cartoonie but the gameplay is fantastic.

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
looks cheesey and cartoony can ya get some more pic's?

btw can anyone tell me what MMORPG stands for, i know RPG is role play game

....sorry but i got to say this....

You play mir and you dont know what mmorpg stans for?....wierd.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Went to download last night and it hated me :( gonna try again later.

-edit- tryed just and it works, currently downloading =)

I hope its not too laggy :S

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Server cant handle high ammount of users atm, yeah it is a good game graphics are cartoonie but the gameplay is fantastic.
was playin it last nite and was no lag, was proper good played it for hours lol, lvl52 now!

i love all the little quests u do, like 1 is collect the bounty off mobs and change for items/exp, 1 u have 2 kill a certain amount of mobs, and other is kill 3 boss's for items.... once u get thro all 3 NPCs uve done quite a few lvls, then move onto next area. this good fun lol...

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Update :- Installed client created account now im getting this message :-

"Connection failed due to server maintenence or internet congestion"

Someone care to explain? does it mean its down due to maintenence or is it a problem my side?

Last edited:

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
was playin it last nite and was no lag, was proper good played it for hours lol, lvl52 now!

i love all the little quests u do, like 1 is collect the bounty off mobs and change for items/exp, 1 u have 2 kill a certain amount of mobs, and other is kill 3 boss's for items.... once u get thro all 3 NPCs uve done quite a few lvls, then move onto next area. this good fun lol...

cool yeh my melee hit level 50 earlier today ranger is only 30 al pm u ingame sometime /barny /andybarny