Help 3.55 local server issue

smoochy boys on tour

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
hi everyone, im currently trying to set up a 3.55 server to have a mess around on etc, i followed the sting guide but used the "3.55 working" files, ive done SQL and ODBC, i think ive set up the IP's correctly , got armadillo to crack but when i open the client files provided within 3.55working it doesn't load anything i have all gates open as provided in screenshot but unsure as to where its currently going wrong - this is run in oracle VM, windows xp home edition x86 SP2

many thanks 1709568532422.png

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I have never done it in a VM but I have a spare windows XP machine that I ran Sting on if you want one... I am in Stoke (UK).

Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
forgot i had an old laptop and been messing around with it on there, can get it to select char now, just as i enter game i get booted so having a little mess around again to see if i can fix that part, thanks tho :D

Upvote 0

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
if i dont remember bad, you have to multi choose on the taskbar few apps and close at same time, also its a pain in the ass with the ips and ports, so make sure you have everything setted up, if you can't reach game after selchar, its a problem with ips/ports

Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
yeh ive finally managed to get on locally :D, imported sting's cruel DB for english items so gunna have a play about

Upvote 0

cataklyst

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 21, 2012
I have never done it in a VM but I have a spare windows XP machine that I ran Sting on if you want one... I am in Stoke (UK).
are your client files available by any chance?, ive looked through mir files but cant find them, been using some of your DB's since its english :D

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Happy for me to mirror your ftp to mirfiles?
Feel free and anything else from that directory you think may be useful.

BTW. If anyone else wants an old Windows XP Dell PC for use as a 3.55 server for free, give me a shout, it just sits under my desk gathering dust.

Reactions: Jev
Upvote 0