Back Problems

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
What Qualifications do you need for that job and is there any jobs on offer cos it sounds brill that, carrying bits of wood around a factory and getting Paid for it as well - were do I sign up??

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
but u know nowt of were i work as were the mechine is the fork left cant get round to it ( ment to be moving at x mass when we get new extractor:))
and we have to eather carry them round cross cutter wich is used must of time or put on pallet and more with pumptruck

Jeez....did you do any research before you took the job? each workplace has to adhere to certain dimensions especially in a warehouse, whether its a warehouse or not where you work it has to have some access for a FLT and thats required by law, the only time its not required is when your using FLT designer for OUTDOOR use only and there like big jcb thingies....see i do my research you obviously havent got a clue.

Nightrider

~{GoD}~
VIP
Feb 21, 2004
Southampton,Uk
u use a forklift to move pallets? if ur talking about normal-large size then any normal person can lift them... there not really heavy dumb ass they ant 2tons lol i have to lift like 3-4 a day, **** me i must be superman if there 2-3tons :O
-.-
-Dan

JohnBarny

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2003
Ya Mums
Maximum lifting load BY LAW is 25kg, 130kg is equal to 2 people so basically you and your jolly mate are carrying 4 average adults? around 13stone each I think it works out at.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
u use a forklift to move pallets? if ur talking about normal-large size then any normal person can lift them... there not really heavy dumb ass they ant 2tons lol i have to lift like 3-4 a day, **** me i must be superman if there 2-3tons :O
-.-
-Dan

Depends on the type of pallet, some are quite heavy. We just have pallet trucks in work so we just use those, stack them up and roll them around with those. And he means 4-6 tonnes like over the day, the accumulative weight of lifting all the wood and stuff probably adds up to a lot.

Janae

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2007
Depends on the type of pallet, some are quite heavy. We just have pallet trucks in work so we just use those, stack them up and roll them around with those. And he means 4-6 tonnes like over the day, the accumulative weight of lifting all the wood and stuff probably adds up to a lot.

Now that makes sense....if he had said that my reply would of been different if my brother actually added up the complete amount he lifted in one day then it would be quite high too.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
125kg isnt the weight of 2 adults, im 17 1/2 stone (110 kg, weighed myself in the army recruitment today).

i work in mcdonalds and over a shift i probably lift at least a ton in weight. and i assume by the amount of lifting done in warehouses etc the weight lifted over a day would accumulate to several tons.

>DMX<

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 16, 2005
Manchester
hahahahaha i am a apprentice wood machinist i lift wood some times weighing up to 130kg (AID OF other person tho) and doing it for 9 hours a day putting it on machine and taking off thats 260KG for 1 bit of wood takes around 30 secs for it to go through so am ur looking at around 30 bits of wood an hour
for 9 hours a day would rly love to see u lift that.

then u have to move them out side for forklifts and with a pallet weighing at max 2 ton can take 2 ppl to move them then theres picking them up on to work bench sanding then taking off bench. lot of liffing in my job.

what do u do sit at home on ur ass living of the money i pay in taxes u lazy bum

Ive been working ever since leaving school and have always payed my taxes, and just for you im a 'qualified' Painter & Decorator so no i dont sit at home all day on my arse im out grafting not bull****ting on a forum.

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
125kg isnt the weight of 2 adults, im 17 1/2 stone (110 kg, weighed myself in the army recruitment today).
Not to mention the fact that you're overweight.

I'm 6 ft 1", and I weigh 10st 11lb (about 68kg), which is somewhere in the average for my height (although lower end). Most people I know weigh between 10 and 12 stone, so it I'd have to agree it is more or less the weight of 2 adults.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
Not to mention the fact that you're overweight.

I'm 6 ft 1", and I weigh 10st 11lb (about 68kg), which is somewhere in the average for my height (although lower end). Most people I know weigh between 10 and 12 stone, so it I'd have to agree it is more or less the weight of 2 adults.

im about a stone over weight only because of the fact i had an operation 2months ago and now nursing a knee injury.