Release Bounty System PSD

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
This could be an amazing addition if executed properly.
Remove the game store function in regards to real life money and use that instead. Would make a decent PVP server with that on it :). Love to see if anyone if actively working on this.

Would be nice to see someone release a server that uses this with these functions;

Everyone starts at the same level with their class items.
To gain orbs to improve kit you need to buy them inside the gameshop using only PK points you gain by killing players.

I'm sure this could be improved on and would be amazing to see a PVP only server released.

I wonder what everyone thinks ?
Would you play it ?

• Love
Reactions: Netskee

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
This could be an amazing addition if executed properly.
Remove the game store function in regards to real life money and use that instead. Would make a decent PVP server with that on it :). Love to see if anyone if actively working on this.

Would be nice to see someone release a server that uses this with these functions;

Everyone starts at the same level with their class items.
To gain orbs to improve kit you need to buy them inside the gameshop using only PK points you gain by killing players.

I'm sure this could be improved on and would be amazing to see a PVP only server released.

I wonder what everyone thinks ?
Would you play it ?

PvP only? no because I am dogshit at PvP

I always wanted to add a bounty system for players, but any variation could be easily exploited.

If X puts a bounty on Y, you just get a mate to kill him and claim the reward.
I was then going to do it as a reward %, so 1mill bounty, 5 different people can claim on it (you then just do it on your 5 mates chars etc) so still gets pointless

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
previous mirror didnt work, guess tai moved stuff around :rolleyes:
Season 4 No GIF

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
PvP only? no because I am dogshit at PvP

I always wanted to add a bounty system for players, but any variation could be easily exploited.

If X puts a bounty on Y, you just get a mate to kill him and claim the reward.
I was then going to do it as a reward %, so 1mill bounty, 5 different people can claim on it (you then just do it on your 5 mates chars etc) so still gets pointless
I understand it could be exploited but I feel tweaks could be made in some areas to reduce this.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I understand it could be exploited but I feel tweaks could be made in some areas to reduce this.

Oh yeah 100%, not fully thought about it to be honest.
Had some cool counters to it in High Rate servers but wouldn't work so well in lower rates

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
i have been playing around with this system for the last few weeks, but more of a pve version. A mob counter if you will.

With different rewards etc. The one thing i like about it is, its basically a giant quest system.

• Wow
Reactions: Jev

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
i have been playing around with this system for the last few weeks, but more of a pve version. A mob counter if you will.

With different rewards etc. The one thing i like about it is, its basically a giant quest system.
Was that a compliment from you :P Ps what u working on ;)

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Theres no way possible to make the.pvp side of this not exploitable, but could be really good for the pve side

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Theres no way possible to make the.pvp side of this not exploitable, but could be really good for the pve side
I agree with this in the whole, however there is a non exploitable way and i found it!!! However its not majorly detailed, which is why im using it for both PVE and PVP, but the main chunk is PVE.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I agree with this in the whole, however there is a non exploitable way and i found it!!! However its not majorly detailed, which is why im using it for both PVE and PVP, but the main chunk is PVE.

What adjustments have you made to stop the exploits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
What adjustments have you made to stop the exploits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simply thinking where the exploit can be found. If players can trade kills, how can i set up an environment where this is not the case.

So its a controlled system rather than the obvious

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
No matter who the bounty is on, they will have friends on the server who they could let kill em, rly unsure how u could control it.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
No matter who the bounty is on, they will have friends on the server who they could let kill em, rly unsure how u could control it.
Open world free pvp will be exploited 100%.

But there are other ideas. I think i have found one.