Changing The Damn IP

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
No matter what program I use, No matter how many times I try it. I can't for the life of me change the damn IP and Server Name.

Can someone please post a full guide and/or maybe a video showing how it's done.

Tankoo,
--Solitude--

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
oh FFS Milo released a program that does it for you and you still cant work it out
I really dont know why he even bothers

and milo did make and post a full guide on how to do it

BH

Upvote 0

Knightmare

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2004
Solitude your not the only one having this problem i have also tired and have done everything wut milo has said and still nothing. if u get it working post how ty

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
oh come on people how easy is this post to understand

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=27871

even before Milo released the program to change the ip i was able to do it and i had never hexed in my life

tbh if you cant do what is said in that post give up now
its all donr for you
all you need to do is open the Ledu client type your server name and ip and hit save
then run your Ledu client through mir config by doing what Milo has said

i relly dont know what this place is gone to
ffs there are peeps here who cant follow a simply 2 step guide

BH

Upvote 0

Adamsy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
Peterlee, CountyDurham (UK)
Thats just the problem tho some of us can read the simple enough, but it don't help when mirconfig won't let you add for instance a new server name and port.

Lets not forget run ledu client thru mir config? mmm lets think about that. Yeah thats why i don't only buttons its got in there are for adding and deleting server names and saving your current options. Sod all about specifics in running client thru the config.

I mean come on we ain't brainy sods like you and bro so cut us some slack.

What nightmare is asking for is simply a step by step guide that set everything out clearly. Yeah it may be a silly to do as you say milo's guide is so easy to follow but looks at all the people who still have trouble. If after a revised guide and ppl can't get it working then start taking the mick out of em.

Upvote 0

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
Babyhack, if I was you I'd watch your tongue. It might just get you in trouble one day. All I was asking for was a little more detail, because I've done everything Milo posted, to no avail. So therefore I figured I was missing something important, hence why I made this thread. Now if your not going to say anything of any help, keep your mouth shut.

Upvote 0

Primal

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jun 28, 2004
when u run it thru mirconfig u gotta use this L-LieBao.dll

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
there we go it was not milos guide at all
it was you lot who where doing something wrong
Milos guide was fine
and as for watching my tongue i was
i never once slagged you off
i said ffs because Milo was forced to release this when it was not ready to be relesed because he know posts like this where going to pop up and his point has just been proven

Milo wanted to hold out, translate all of the client and gamegate do a full guide up and then release, because people wanted the files NOW he released it and it was not ready

I am sorry if I upset some peeps but the way Milo was pushed to release this and all his files are starting to piss me off
and I know he hates releasing stuff that is not ready

again I am sorry if i upset anyone

BH

Upvote 0

Solitude

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 22, 2003
South Wales
I still cant get it to work, I think it just doesn't like me. I get a chinese error everytime I run the .exe, even when I run other ppls .exe for my server (that they've done for me).

Upvote 0

darbyram

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2004
Oldham
i think our misunderstanding was in this part of it

Code:
2. Using MirConfig
Mir Config is extremly easy to use especially since I translated most of it
Simply open LeduEng.exe and [b][color=red]LieBao.dll[/color][/b] in the spaces it tells you and enter the password
In this exe the password is pie You can change this by clicking the password button and changing it there
Now just click save, You can also edit the different DevilSoul stuff you see to whatever you wish and also change the webpages the buttons link too

when it should be L-Liebao.dll

easy mistake, it works so thanks everyone :yyyipe:

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Solitude said:
I still cant get it to work, I think it just doesn't like me. I get a chinese error everytime I run the .exe, even when I run other ppls .exe for my server (that they've done for me).

have you got the .dll in the right place data and client folder
and do you have the face.wil/wix in the data folder

the client will not load if you dont have these files in the right place

BH

Upvote 0

Mystikal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 14, 2004
Babyhack said:
have you got the .dll in the right place data and client folder
and do you have the face.wil/wix in the data folder

the client will not load if you dont have these files in the right place

BH
I've got the same problem...I've done everything by the guide yet it doesn't let me change from DevilSoul Server to my server on the drop down menu. Where do you put the L-LieBao.dll, same directory as the leduenglish.exe or in data folder...or both?

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
stick it in both

if it is still saying DS then you have not hexed it
even when you hex it to your server name and dont run it through mirconfig it will still say your server name just will not load up

BH

Upvote 0

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
darbyram said:
when it should be L-Liebao.dll

easy mistake, it works so thanks everyone :yyyipe:

I know its a double post but just seen this
my client uses Liebao.dll and not L-Liebao.dll so the guide is right
I dont even have an L-Liebao.dll

so I dont know whats going on here unless Milo has donr something to my client and not said anything

BH

Upvote 0

Mystikal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 14, 2004
Babyhack said:
stick it in both

if it is still saying DS then you have not hexed it
even when you hex it to your server name and dont run it through mirconfig it will still say your server name just will not load up

BH
I have changed the IP and Server name with the hexing. Its just when I open with MirConfig and change the line with DevilSoul Server and the Port number...enter password and hit save close it re-open and its changed back to DevilSoul :S

Upvote 0

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Delete the one thats already there...

Add the name of the server you want to the Name column and 7000 to the engslogan column and click add then save You cant change whats already there you gotta make a new one

and the whole dll issue I have no idea but I used multiply dlls including ones from different exe's and its never cared

Upvote 0

Mystikal

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 14, 2004
MiloFoxburr said:
Delete the one thats already there...

Add the name of the server you want to the Name column and 7000 to the engslogan column and click add then save You cant change whats already there you gotta make a new one

and the whole dll issue I have no idea but I used multiply dlls including ones from different exe's and its never cared
Fukin slap me lol, easiest **** in the world...Thanks Milo and BH :) Your help is appreciated!

Upvote 0

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Mystikal said:
Fukin slap me lol, easiest **** in the world...Thanks Milo and BH :) Your help is appreciated!

Ive now added a link to L-Liebao.dll and added how to change the server name on the drop down list to the guide So im hoping no one has any issues

The only other issue there can be if they have followed the guide perfectly is that they havnt installed ledu correctly

Upvote 0