Help CrystalM2 Help Request.

Nightvibes

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

I'm currently following the CrystalM2 guide to setup a local server between friends.
I followed all the steps it provides on the guide, but for some reason it doesn't look like it's completed... or I'm missing something important.

I managed to create a starting point and launch the game and run around, but I cant see any Mobs/Items/NPC's.

Am I missing something ? If so can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Thanks for all the help you provided guys :)

Just one last thing.... When purchasing Amulets or Poisons from the vendor the price drops down to 0 and wont give me any items in my bag, but when I spawn an Amulet using the GM commands the Vendor allows me to purchase additional Amulets.

Am I missing something ?

I tried comparing the Database of a Torch or other items with the Amulets and Poison's but didn't see any difference.

View attachment 31695
Looks like a new bug got introduced when bag weight system was changed @Jev @grimchamp

For reference the error lies in the method which was changed "public void GetMaxGain(UserItem item)"

it used to set the item count to the max quantity you could gain - but now it just sets it to 0 if you dont have any in your bag.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
reverting the "public void GetMaxGain(UserItem item)" to its original does indeed fix this issue, good spot @Far
To be honest theres a lot of issues with that method even before it was changed (take a look at the FreeSpace method logic) - i've mentioned what needs tweaking the @grimchamp so he can look when available.

Upvote 0

Nightvibes

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 4, 2019
To be honest theres a lot of issues with that method even before it was changed (take a look at the FreeSpace method logic) - i've mentioned what needs tweaking the @grimchamp so he can look when available.

So let see if I understood you,

In the following code where it says Amulet i should enter these lines:

This is an NPC Script:

Code:
[Trade]
RandomTeleport 1
DungeonEscape 1
Amulet  <----- Instead of this I should type this ?
public void GetMaxGain(Amulet item)  <---- like this ?

Upvote 0

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar
So let see if I understood you,

In the following code where it says Amulet i should enter these lines:

This is an NPC Script:

Code:
[Trade]
RandomTeleport 1
DungeonEscape 1
Amulet  <----- Instead of this I should type this ?
public void GetMaxGain(Amulet item)  <---- like this ?

No. It's a bug in the code. It'll be added to the bug list and fixed when someone can.

Code:
[Trade]
RandomTeleport 1
DungeonEscape 1
Amulet 1

Keep your script that way untill the bug is fixed mate

Reactions: Nightvibes
Upvote 0

Nightvibes

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 4, 2019
Any other issues please do just reply back here and we can work on fixes

@Jev

Leveling:
I have noticed an issue, with all the characters, leveling from 1 to 10, each encounter with a mob has a sequence of 1 successful Hit and 4 Misses, and that takes long to kill a mob and very annoying to play, i'm assuming this issue is due to the facet that each time you level the character base stats don't increase so it gives the feeling you're level 1 for 10 levels until you start equipping items.

Tokens:
Another Issue I found is the Market - Tokens that have Exp and Item boost's don't work.

Amulets / Poisons:
Items cannot be purchased from vendors.

I'll keep updating on this post.

Upvote 0

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
@Jev

Leveling:
I have noticed an issue, with all the characters, leveling from 1 to 10, each encounter with a mob has a sequence of 1 successful Hit and 4 Misses, and that takes long to kill a mob and very annoying to play, i'm assuming this issue is due to the facet that each time you level the character base stats don't increase so it gives the feeling you're level 1 for 10 levels until you start equipping items.

Tokens:
Another Issue I found is the Market - Tokens that have Exp and Item boost's don't work.

Amulets / Poisons:
Items cannot be purchased from vendors.

I'll keep updating on this post.
Levelling: You might need to adjust your base accuracy for each class.

Tokens: I assume you mean the GameShop? What are the item names exactly?

Amulets/Poisons: Are they on your NPC script? Or and are they included under the [Trade] tab but not purchasable.

Upvote 0

Nightvibes

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 4, 2019
Levelling: You might need to adjust your base accuracy for each class.

Tokens: I assume you mean the GameShop? What are the item names exactly?

Amulets/Poisons: Are they on your NPC script? Or and are they included under the [Trade] tab but not purchasable.

Leveling: How can i adjust that, do i need some specific application & what's the file name i need to config ?

Tokens: Yes apologies the GameShop:

Index: 1301 Name: EXP30%1
Index: 1302 Name: EXP30%3
Index: 1303 Name: EXP30%5
Index: 1304 Name: EXP30%24

Index: 1305 Name: EXP50%1
Index: 1306 Name: EXP50%3
Index: 1307 Name: EXP50%5
Index: 1308 Name: EXP50%24

Index: 1309 Name: ExtraDrop20%

Amulets/Poisons: This is the same issue as I posted early'r ( When purchasing Amulets or Poisons from vendors they do not go in your bag, and the cost value goes to 0.

Upvote 0

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Leveling: How can i adjust that, do i need some specific application & what's the file name i need to config ?

Tokens: Yes apologies the GameShop:

Index: 1301 Name: EXP30%1
Index: 1302 Name: EXP30%3
Index: 1303 Name: EXP30%5
Index: 1304 Name: EXP30%24

Index: 1305 Name: EXP50%1
Index: 1306 Name: EXP50%3
Index: 1307 Name: EXP50%5
Index: 1308 Name: EXP50%24

Index: 1309 Name: ExtraDrop20%

Amulets/Poisons: This is the same issue as I posted early'r ( When purchasing Amulets or Poisons from vendors they do not go in your bag, and the cost value goes to 0.
BaseStats.Ini in Server.exe>Balance or Server folder>Configs

I’m sure @grimchamp can look at the amulet/poison bug. I’ll verify it on the test server later when I’m home to see if I can replicate it.

I’ll also check out those items when I’m back.

Reactions: Nightvibes
Upvote 0