May 19, 2003
iphones are ****. thats a fact.

oO~Unknown~Oo

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Dec 4, 2007
UK
i dont know what an iphone fanboy is because i dont really spend most of my time on the internet, but i can say that i do own an iphone and they are better than a nokia, ive had an iphone for almost a year, they arent bad and i cant say they are **** either but i know there are way better phones than an iphone.. i just think nokia's are boring since i've owned them before my iphone altought i can't speak for the lumia itself, looks good from what ive seen on the telly. the camera looks decent and ive said it before looking for a good picture, get a real camera. i use my phone for calls, text msging mostly and occasionally i play on the apps and take a few photos with friends or of places.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
still doesn't change the fact that iphones are better.. personally i think iphones camera is good enough, it's the other features on it that interests me more like the apps for instance.. you want a good picture, get a real camera.
If they where so good, why is it that the voice recognition doesn't actually work properly, they failed at producing their own "Map" system. Your locked down to Apple Apps unless you Jailbreak the phone, which in itself is a breech of Apple policies and you can face prosecution for it. The illumination intake from the camera is crap, the quality of the so called HD screen is crap and is behind in technology.

Where as with Android and Windows 8 OS, you are not restricted to the apps you use, with Android because it is a open software license you are allowed to root your phones for greater access. You can build and modify your OS with Android, though this is restricted with Windows OS. So yes Iphones are great in comparison.......

In Fact Steve Jobs was scared of the up take of Smart phones, that he was determined to see the destruction of them (As quoted in his autobiography). Which is ironic really when you think about, as Apple OS was initially designed and built using Open Source Unix. He reminds me so much of Microsoft and the early days of them trying to corner a market by taking out it competitors.

No they don't. Why don't you think about who the actual average user is. Just because a select few of the users want something, does not mean they are the 'average'. A minority of iPhone users may demand development access, but it would not be a majority.
Actually yes they do, the business market makes up for 1/3 of sales with Apple/Windows/Android. They are released to the business community before hitting the retail market, so pre sales are determined by how many units are sold within that market. Though I will say Apple are just a small blip in caparison to % of Android & Windows phones sold.

Oh do you own any other Apple product, or do you go out and by the latest one. Because that is what makes you a "Fan Boy"

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
i dont know what an iphone fanboy is because i dont really spend most of my time on the internet, but i can say that i do own an iphone and they are better than a nokia, ive had an iphone for almost a year, they arent bad and i cant say they are **** either but i know there are way better phones than an iphone.. i just think nokia's are boring since i've owned them before my iphone altought i can't speak for the lumia itself, looks good from what ive seen on the telly. the camera looks decent and ive said it before looking for a good picture, get a real camera. i use my phone for calls, text msging mostly and occasionally i play on the apps and take a few photos with friends or of places.
How can you say it's better than a nokia, if you have never used the Lumia?

Nokia were poor when they used their own OS, but now using Windows 8 I have heard nothing but good things.

I still prefer Android, but Win8 phones are starting to look decent.

dsmir3

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Mar 12, 2010
How can you say it's better than a nokia, if you have never used the Lumia?

Nokia were poor when they used their own OS, but now using Windows 8 I have heard nothing but good things.

I still prefer Android, but Win8 phones are starting to look decent.
I agree with this, the OS Nokia was trying to use was diabolical to say the least. But with the integration of Windows OS 8 on the phone, they are bloody damn good phones and shocked by them.

But yep, Android all the way. Got to love open source software.

muffinpie

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 19, 2005
I had an IPhone but have changed to samsung Galaxy s3 its sooo much better tbh.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England

I think this post gave me cancer.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
probably say that 'cos you can't afford one you ****ing pikey

I'll agree with you that most people who own Apple products have no clue about money management, and generally purchase items based on their appearance and advertising rather than its features.

Reactions: dsmir3

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Don't be so insensitive. I hope your chemotherapy goes well JealY.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Been out looking at phones today, everything is freaking massive tbh! Not for me this one

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Been out looking at phones today, everything is freaking massive tbh! Not for me this one
Ah, well for women we have the iPhone 4S. It's smaller than the usual smartphone so it's perfect for*touches Tai*...dainty hands.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Ah, well for women we have the iPhone 4S. It's smaller than the usual smartphone so it's perfect for*touches Tai*...dainty hands.

Soz yo I don't want an ipad in my pocket

Have a look at the Lumia 820.

I did, it's like a fraction smaller. Unfortunately, after lots of research, if you want something reasonably sized (iphone sorta size) you either have to go for what they call a "budget phone" with not-so-good processors, HDD etc or just get an iphone... because the iphone is actually small, light and speedy. Honestly gutted because I have never wanted an iphone but am about to order one for the reasons I just gave...

I really like the HTC 8S, good size, good looking, but from what I've been told, it doesn't compare.

Last edited: