Double Weapon

Join Discord

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
lol? heres it for you in simpler terms "false advertising"

My programs have nothing to do with this. I clearly explain them and anyone here with knowledge of programming could make the same.

You basicly replaced the candle with a stick image and gave it stats woopty doo.. it doesn't display ingame and I would love to see you try and make it without adding it in with the real weapon graphic.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
Didnt witten originally do this before, but he also added 2 frames to the weapon wil files, there was a problem with a hand fist or something, so the project was scrapped....

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
MentaL said:
Didnt witten originally do this before, but he also added 2 frames to the weapon wil files, there was a problem with a hand fist or something, so the project was scrapped....
I did indeed do this for dual dragon slayers, it came complete with stditems, items and a fair bit of the weapon.wil. The problem I came across which caused me to abandon the idea was the drawing layers, in some positions the weapon held in the hand that should be behind the armour layer was appearing above it, and the other way round (armour above weapon). But with the completed client sources out there it could be implimented alot easier.

It's a nice idea, but I assure you, it won't go far with what we currently have.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
it looked so nice from the front on view, just a shame about the layers! Maybe someone out there will be able to help out with this problem...

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
this is really a stupid topic, if it carries on being stupid ill lock it.

you cant have two weapons, not without using one as the candle slot, even then, your weapon would act as a light, and wouldnt show up in game so would look stupid. you also cant add double stats.

all you've shown us is a reversed and rotated woodensword you've made in paint, any fool could do it.

Serphant

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 15, 2004
it is so easy do do double weapon ¬_¬ if u have the original source, u just ser coords on the window, and if a weapon std num gets put there it can do exactly the same as a 1 handed weapon, but look in a diffrent location, as 4 the walf gfx, can be dun by telling it 2 display at a certain distant apart (this has been done by a chinese mob b4 but didnt catch on cuz the walk gfx couldnt be done good enough)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
heres a medel for stating the obvious. though ill take it back due to your stupidity. the one key thing we're missing here is the original source.

RightGuard

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2005
Lyrical G said:
I did indeed do this for dual dragon slayers, it came complete with stditems, items and a fair bit of the weapon.wil. The problem I came across which caused me to abandon the idea was the drawing layers, in some positions the weapon held in the hand that should be behind the armour layer was appearing above it, and the other way round (armour above weapon). But with the completed client sources out there it could be implimented alot easier.

It's a nice idea, but I assure you, it won't go far with what we currently have.

Along with looking a bit of a moomin when hitting stuff as the other hand would just kind of sit there i'm guessing? :p

MrSam

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 31, 2005
Lol.

Just pointing something out here -- candles don't last very long. Your bronzesword would burn up pretty quick. :P

Quite useful tho -- when ur on a hunt and candle runs out, instead of the usual "!Will sex0r for candle" you can just stick on some newbie crap you find.

I'm a non-server-files-owning newbie, but wouldn't the best way to achieve double weapons be to have a weapon that's graphic is that of a double wep. If you were persistant enough, you could even get the hit graphic to be two weps.

PS: Looking back on what I just wrote... Looks like I'm a good contender for the acclaimed Farril's Obvious Statemanship Medal? lol.

Last edited: