English + Romanian

smoochy boys on tour

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Was thinking of adding a option to my server to translate to romanian, seeing as theres a few romanian players. What your thoughts on this idea ?

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
tbh its a good ideea in theory
but its hard to apply because u need a romanian who knows english to translate all
if u use translators like google u will get a totaly mess

Madman

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Whats wrong with the google translator ? Thats what i was going to use lol :P

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
pointless

they all know english, if they didnt they wouldnt play ne way

That's one awsome post that makes no sense at all.

They don't know English so don't play. So having a server to help with the language barrier is pointless? :blink:

Madman: It's a good idea... However it' not as easy as it sounds!

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
well.. tbh if you could code all the strings into a unique txt file then you could simply recall the string from the file and at that point you could have different txts files for the different languages and you should simply code a menu where you choose the language you want and when you have choosen it, the server will pickup the txt file with the strings of that language..

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
Would be a good idea especially if you done Italian etc as well, although they need to be done right, you could advertise all over Italian forums, Romanian forums etc, could be a good way to build your userbase.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Would need to have someone who speaks italian/romanian etc on your team to help with problems aswell.

/Nymph

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Would need to have someone who speaks italian/romanian etc on your team to help with problems aswell.

/Nymph

yeah.. making it available for all users will actually make them think that you can handle all the languages without problems.. which in most cases isn't true if you don't have other members in the team coming from different places of the world..

the idea wasn't bad tbh

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Good way to build your userbase? - Probably.

Good way to create a good server with happy users? - No.

IMHO the worst part about WoW is the fact people who speak barely any English play on English servers. It's frustrating.

Have Romanian servers for people who can't speak English.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
That's one awsome post that makes no sense at all.

They don't know English so don't play. So having a server to help with the language barrier is pointless? :blink:

Madman: It's a good idea... However it' not as easy as it sounds!
what?

all the romanians that play, already know english... if they didnt they wouldnt play the servers

i doubt theres like 100s of romanians out there just dieing to play our servers, but cant due to a language barrier.

it wouldnt increase his usercount at all, its utterly pointless

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
what?

all the romanians that play, already know english... if they didnt they wouldnt play the servers

i doubt theres like 100s of romanians out there just dieing to play our servers, but cant due to a language barrier.

Would you play a game in another language? No.

Their will be alot of people who don't understand English and are put off mir for this reason.

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
Most Romanian players and especially teens from Romania know English so no point to translate in Romanian because no1 will use the feat.

For example, I have my Windows in English, 98% of Windows Systems in Romania are in English.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
what?

But if there was a server that helped them out, they would possibly play... How hard is that to understand?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
But if there was a server that helped them out, they would possibly play... How hard is that to understand?
how hard is it for you to understand that they already know english so whats the point?

Most Romanian players and especially teens from Romania know English so no point to translate in Romanian because no1 will use the feat.

For example, I have my Windows in English, 98% of Windows Systems in Romania are in English.
read wot ripmans said.

fact is it would take hours to translate every single bt of npc script, infact it would take days... and not only that but ud have to find some1 to actually get u a proper translation, google wouldnt cut it

if this was some offical, well advertised, huge user based game, then ye sure why not... but mir is a community of around 200-400 players