Fail Logon to Srv

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
Thats the message I now get when I try to go ingame :(
The EIServer.exe goes through everything fine then Gate0 opens, but when I connect the screen goes blue and thats the message I get. After this I went to the EIServer.exe and clicked the Initialize button to see wot that did and i get:

loading client version information..
Loading client version information failed. check !setup.txt -> [setup] -> clientfile1,..

So i checked this part of setup.txt and it says ClientFile1=Mir4.dat, which actually seems to be missing from my Client folder.

Cany any1 let me know if this is actually wots causing the prob, and also where i can get the Mir4.dat file from?

Thanx for any help :)

dreamcatcherei

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 2, 2004
[Setup]
ItemNumber=340170409
ClientFile1=Mir4.dat
ClientFile2=
ClientFile3=

also check u got a file called mir4.dat if not rename mir4.exe to it

this file should be in this dir
C:\Mud3\mir300
g/l

Upvote 0

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
I just tried that m8...I never had a Mir4.dat file in the Mir300 folder so I renamed the Mir4.exe in there to Mir4.dat, but it still shows up as an application just its now named Mir4.dat lol so i'm still getting that error :(

Upvote 0

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
M8 you have to make it so that you see the .exe at the end of the thing then you have to rename that to .dat try looking in tools folder option then view i think its something in there m8.

/Miles

Upvote 0

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
Nightwolf_uk said:
lmao you ppl sooo funny you dont need to rename mir4.exe to .dat just keep it .exe and change in !setup to mir4.exe as with mine mines mir3.exe :P

lol im a n00b :(
TY anywayz peeps :D

Upvote 0

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
bah! i just tried changing in the setup.txt file so that clientfile1=Mir4.exe but I still get the "Fail Logon to Srv" message, and I even get it when I *properly* change the Mir4.exe to Mir.dat and changed it back in setup.txt so that can't be why it's happening :(
Any1 have any other ideas plz?

Upvote 0

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Hmm can you get onto any servers not just your own? If you can its proberly something to do with your files.

/Miles

Upvote 0

DaBop

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Aug 14, 2003
York,England
I can get on other peoples server just not my own as you said Miles, but with my server I'm using the client that came with the server files. I'll try using the full EI client I d/led, if that dont work i'll try ur eiserver.exe and mir3.exe nightwolf.

TY pps, I'll let ya's know the outcome :)

Upvote 0