File Has Virus!

Join Discord

furybladee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2015
So like the tile says. I got some serv that when i want to run it. Gv me this eror (File has Virus!) I checked task manager and the exe stay open after this mesege. I know that some srv got this problem and resolved it with some patch.I tried to put firewall off and run it as admin. And still get this mesege.

And if i restart my pc and then i try to run one exe from whatever server works good. But if i close it and want to open it again i got that mesage again. So idk what to do. I acutaly want a solution because im playng Zentaur and i got that mesege there. And the game its not in winrar so i could patch it myself when i want to open the game. So i dont know thats the problem.

Someone has any idea? Thanks

And sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
It's probably a false positive.
In other words, code in the game client has similarities to a virus and is being flagged as such.
Some Mir 2 servers have suffered the same too.
If you feel it is a false positive, you can set your antivirus software to ignore the exe or even ignore the whole Mir directory.

furybladee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2015
Thanks For the response. Its defenitly a false one. But i dont have an aintivirus on my compunter i hate them. And even mi firewall is turned off. So dont know how i suposed to make my idiot pc ignore it :D

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Thanks For the response. Its defenitly a false one. But i dont have an aintivirus on my compunter i hate them. And even mi firewall is turned off. So dont know how i suposed to make my idiot pc ignore it :D

You probably do have a virus then.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
server's client never encountered a problem like this

i think he is the only one from server who have this problems

try reinstall windows, you probably got virus from a download

furybladee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2015
I will try to clean my PC today. If its not working i will re install my PC. But some guy told me this is normal in mir 3 and some other told me they got this problem in other servers too. And some gm fixed it with a Patch of exe ini and some files more. Thanks all for response.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
In your original post you said
Gv me this eror (File has Virus!)
so I assumed you had some sort of antivirus programme running.
If you have no such software and you are getting popup warnings then, like Tai says, you probably have got some sort of malware on there.

Depending on what Windows you're using, you could possibly already have Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials on your pc. They are quite good and it would be worth using one or the other.

You might also consider rewinding to an earlier restore point. Sometimes it can be as simple as that.

Whatever you do, make sure in future that you do use at minimum, Microsoft's offerings.

Refer to my thread here. It might be how you got it.
http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?93919-Trojan-Virus&highlight=

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
There are a lot of Anti Virus's which give false positives (Crystal Mir2 prime example with !Avast)

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
There are a lot of Anti Virus's which give false positives (Crystal Mir2 prime example with !Avast)

im prety sure he make change on system prefences or some thing on this scenario or he not allow zentaur loader and zprotect to firewall because some time firewall ask if you let program to run

windows xp or thing like this

andykid131

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 16, 2006

Just wanted to say i'm using AVAST and have been for years and not had any virus warnings with CrystalM2 files, source or client.
Funny tbh because i did get a Virus warning when i tried installing Chronicles Client other week back. lol

To OP, if your trying to download/play any version of mir or any online game i highly suggest having some sort of Antivirus even if its just a basic one, its too easy to get a virus from downloading game clients and the like.

Glad to see you got it sorted anyhow. :)

Reactions: furybladee