Handy Program...

Join Discord

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Unlocker.

This Program is a handy program which i recently found. I had this problem with a certain file, the problem was that i could not delete or move the file anywhere, and the error i recieved when i tryed to delete or move the file was that the file was already in use with another person or program. I restart my PC, and i still could not remove the file.

I then came accross this program, and straight away it allowed me to remove the file :)

Instruction's of Use:

1. Download & Install.
2. Right click the file you wish to "unlock" then select "Unlocker".
3. Then select the file you wish to unlock (should already be selected).
4. Then simply click "Unlock", and you should now be able to remove/delete the file from your computer.

I am not sure if this has been posted before, but i just thought it would come in handy for some people who have problem's with certain file's.

EDIT: I scanned this install file with AVG and no virus's where found.

Zidio

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Nov 2, 2005
LOMCN
nice one ash although a reboot normally solves this problem lol! thanks anyways :)

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
Na, a reboot never solved it for me :( I even scanned my computer with my virus scanner to see if it was a virus, but it wasnt...

This program solved it for me :P

and npz ^_^

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
yea, i had a mir 3 installer once on my computer, it was a temp file made on my desktop and i cudnt delete it after mir3 had installed >.<

Finaly found that my mcaffee could delete it :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Well i have a WoooL Folder that i wanna delete, keeps saying it's in-use....bollox it is lol.

I tried to unlock it with the program, and it didn't work, neither did the back up options that it gives u (Delete, Rename or Move) - Screenshot 1

I also posted a screeny of the error i get trying to delete, rename or move - Screenshot 2

Still sitting there with a little grin on it's dam face i bet -.-

Any1 know any other way to get rid of the dam thing?

Last edited:

Ash

Peace Not War .
VIP
Mar 13, 2004
England (UK)
restart your computer and try. But so far that program has deleted anything that i need to delete which wouldnt before :P

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
been using that for months with no hastle, useful++

Sonic: go into safemode and try deleting it, else use a linux live cd like knoppix :P (altho thats quite an extreme way to delete a file)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Nope.....it's really determined to sit there for the rest of it's Folder life -.-

Any more ideas? lol

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Yeh i have tried it, really pissin me off -.- tried everything i know in my computer brain lol.

Just determined to sit there