Hidden Mist! [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
How about some input buddy? If people aren't happy with stuff, we need to know. If these items will bother people then they won't be available. We want everyone to be happy matey.
Don't let 1 person pressure u into changing ur views thats how most gms get fooked over. i want this i want that okay okay then people moan because comes un balanced etc i know its only 1 item but if u give in nw it will affect in the long run also good luck

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
i wouldn't have freezing/pa orbs. it could make people to overpowered. Plus it would only encourage warriors to donate.

As for EXP boosts, i think they are a good idea aslong as you stick to scrolls. This way its a short boost rather than a permanent boost (necky). Also if you have both it allows people to stack the exp boost, as they can wear necky and use scrolls, i personally think this is too much of an advantage.

Just my opinion :)

bubbles72

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 21, 2009
manchester UK
u cant please everyone there will always be someone to have a moan but instead of moanin he just said cya leave him to it i wouldnt worry unless every1 on here had somethin to say tbh then id rethink the donation list................

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Yeah, I just put that up as a rough guide as we still aren't 100% sure on the donation list yet. Getting some good feedback on it though which helps a lot. Thanks guys.

Speaking to the dedi company today to see when the next available machine with the specifications we need will be available.

I'll keep you all updated on what's going on.

Thank you,

Hidden Mist team.

Follower

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 2, 2005
Australia
Should set up a Donation Price list, and maybe for the orbs... people have to have donated 5 times to receive an orb?
that should slow down the orb overflow... possibly...

as for the exp necklace, i reckon theres 2 ways to go about this. have it like maybe dura 15, so it last a while... but at the same time make it un-repairable.
or, make it low ish dura like 8 - but have a (EXP necklace repair scroll) obviously the scroll would have to be donated for... or maybe a quest for the scroll (a hard one) but the scroll can only be used once and maybe the quest not repeatable.
Obviously when dura runs out after using scroll the neckie breaks. and no trading off donated items to other people.

Just some ideas for ya Mist.

Love the suprise helmet idea though, im not a donator but would love for one to drop.

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Well , the thing is Orbs will clearly destroy the game , so will ExpNecky , so as Follower said , make it Dura about 15 , but non-repairable.

Ok , a suggestion would be a quest, long quest, 10-15quests to finish it. The final item given is a scroll that will ALLOW you to donate for ExpNecky and Orbs.

I guess there will be a command like @gamegoldshop , @ggshop , u get what i mean:

Well when you open it, first row should be "You didn't complete the donation quest so you can't donate for orbs and exp necky"

When you try to press the exp necky to get it and other things it will say the same thing.

I don't know, you should put it again somewhere , where people can see it everytime , not to donate and after that surprise you can't get what you wanted to get.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
SurpriseHelmet sounds stupid. Doesnt even matter the how low the chance of a rare is.

Also pa/slow rare ingame but donateable? Not really smart. So you can be a wiz/tao np if you dont donate but if you are a war you either at disadvantage or you have to donate?

Ignore the crybabies and sell actual items ingame perhaps at lower dura or stats or whatever. Trying not to make donations OPed to avoid cries from lomcn retards and ending up with ideas like the above you posted...is simply stupid.

And a non-donator is saying the above.

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
In theory low dura items yes.... but surely they can be dura orbed..

I whole heartedly agree though too many orbs ruin the game... i have a lvl 85 war on "another" server.. everything is orbed. Its way over the top.. i can solo nearly all the bosses due to slow-storm and poison orbs it is insane and makes taos null and void i hope they are rare in drops and dont work too often.

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Ok, so the orbs will definitely come off of the list seeing as nobody agrees about them being available, (I'm with you on that one too to be honest). As for items, I am really reluctant to make them available via donation really. I know it would be great to help pay for the server but I for one used to get pee'd off when I worked hard for an item, then saw someone with more money than sense pop up an hour later in the full set. We'll see what people think, by the looks of things, people would prefer to have items for sale in game than they would have the ExpNecklace etc. Maybe I will do a poll.

Thanks again for your input people.

bubbles72

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 21, 2009
manchester UK
tbh i like the idea of exp necky......... some ppl work and cant be on game 24/7 like others so they need alittle help along the way and as for puttin it at a certain dura and make it non repairable think u need to c prices first before requesting this..tbh cant see ppl payin big amounts of money for items if they gonna be non repairable...and dont forget lee needs stuff on donation list other wise how else is he gonna get the money together to pay for dedi.....remember family and kids some months r better than others i should know lol......

personally i dont like the idea of skills on donation list but lee has stated all stuff on donation does drop it just depends how bad and quick u want it really...............

Last edited:

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
Honestly i would make the following things available for donations.

ExpScroll - 30mins - 1hour + 30%
Torches -
Stage 1 - 5-5 DC/MC/SC
Stage 2 - 7-7 DC/MC/SC
Stage 3 - 9-9 DC/MC/SC (Or higher, lower, depends on server)
Stones with DC/MC/SC same as other stones, just level required is lower. Oh, and MP + HP on stone

Again , something usefull would be. Stones with regen (+10% HP/MP) - Is it possible?

Books... Well yeah... Wouldn't be that cool anymore, but let's say semi-rare books, not FF , Curse , Rage , ProField... No i would keep them rare.

If Spell points would be high, i would add a Skill Necklace - limited stock (let's say 2-3)

Special Repair acces - would be nice, and people would like that too.

Again got another suggestion , but it's kinda long i'll leave you a pm with that (again , donating related) , if you want of course. You may like it ... or not lol.

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
Honestly i would make the following things available for donations.

ExpScroll - 30mins - 1hour + 30%
Torches -
Stage 1 - 5-5 DC/MC/SC
Stage 2 - 7-7 DC/MC/SC
Stage 3 - 9-9 DC/MC/SC (Or higher, lower, depends on server)
Stones with DC/MC/SC same as other stones, just level required is lower. Oh, and MP + HP on stone

Again , something usefull would be. Stones with regen (+10% HP/MP) - Is it possible?

Books... Well yeah... Wouldn't be that cool anymore, but let's say semi-rare books, not FF , Curse , Rage , ProField... No i would keep them rare.

If Spell points would be high, i would add a Skill Necklace - limited stock (let's say 2-3)

Special Repair acces - would be nice, and people would like that too.

Again got another suggestion , but it's kinda long i'll leave you a pm with that (again , donating related) , if you want of course. You may like it ... or not lol.

not bad at all good sugestions

triple x

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2007
well tbh i like exp necky coz i cud use it while im off work.. and also i cud let my partner use it while im in work... dont like the sound of it being non repairable and sht dura tbh ... wouldnt be worth the donation tbh.... i like it so i can repair it and orb it not arsd about orbs tbh .. can get them in drops

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

anynews on dedi yet m8ty :)... cant wait for this to be LIVE :P

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
well tbh i like exp necky coz i cud use it while im off work.. and also i cud let my partner use it while im in work... dont like the sound of it being non repairable and sht dura tbh ... wouldnt be worth the donation tbh.... i like it so i can repair it and orb it not arsd about orbs tbh .. can get them in drops

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

anynews on dedi yet m8ty :)... cant wait for this to be LIVE :P

The dedi company is currently cleaning a machine up for me and getting it prepared. As soon as they're done they are going to ring me for the payment and access information.

Thank you.

Ok, we have decided on a few more things that will be available via donation. Please give me some views on this as we'd like to have some feedback to work from.

1) Stat torches / stones.
2) Slightly upgraded pots, (a little bit more hp / mp per pot)
3) Skill Necklaces, (Skills will not be too high but will have to be leveled.)
4) Gold, (we plan to make gold useful again on Mir as we feel it is overlooked.)

On the 4th topic, I have some cool ideas to make gold valuable but maybe some suggestions would make things easier. So what can we add in game to spend gold on that people will value highly?

Thanks a lot guys,

Hidden Mist team.

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
Anything on the list should be temporary if an item..

Eg;
Luck necky.. donators versions should be D7, with no repair. Real ones should be D7 with repairs

IMO a donation para would even be ok.. if it was D1 with no repair... make it non tradeable, non removeable etc.. and limit it on 1 purchase a week, at something like £3 a pop, or something along those lines.

Things like this would be a constant weekly/monthly income for you to keep server going, also they have little if no damage on the server compared to perm items as you've stated. A donation item should enter and leave.. items dropped off mobs should stay! Keeps a balance of items. otherwise you have 5 naturally dropped items, to 20 donated.... there is no balance.

Reactions: HiddenMistGM

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK

Eg;
Luck necky.. donators versions should be D7, with no repair. Real ones should be D7 with repairs

IMO a donation para would even be ok.. if it was D1 with no repair... make it non tradeable, non removeable etc.. and limit it on 1 purchase a week, at something like £3 a pop, or something along those lines.

Things like this would be a constant weekly/monthly income for you to keep server going, also they have little if no damage on the server compared to perm items as you've stated. A donation item should enter and leave.. items dropped off mobs should stay! Keeps a balance of items. otherwise you have 5 naturally dropped items, to 20 donated.... there is no balance.

Loving this idea mate. It's suggestions like these that I need more of. Thank you very much.

Rep + 1! Hehe

Dany97

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Timisoara
About gold you should make a box, or something like that. Should be random. 1/10 - 100k , 1/20 200k 1/50 500k ...Was just an example.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

Eg;

Retarded. Why would a non-donator prefer donators to have para's, luck necks, exp necks over USUAL items seriously?

Launch the server first so we see the actual drop rates of the **** mentioned above and care about donations at least 20days after launch

Status
Not open for further replies.