Hidden Mist! [2.3]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

triple x

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2007
Ok, spoke to the dedi company and they have said our machine is currently reformatted and having all the necessary software reinstalled and updated. Their words were, "The dedicated machine will be ready for transfers either tomorrow, (Thursday 18th August) or early on Friday 19th. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

I'd rather they did it properly to be fair though, saves anyone getting upset if something goes wrong once the files are on it.

Thanks,

Hidden Mist team.

koool m8 cant wait tbh :)

wock

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2009
Ok, spoke to the dedi company and they have said our machine is currently reformatted and having all the necessary software reinstalled and updated. Their words were, "The dedicated machine will be ready for transfers either tomorrow, (Thursday 18th August) or early on Friday 19th. Sorry for any inconvenience caused."

I'd rather they did it properly to be fair though, saves anyone getting upset if something goes wrong once the files are on it.

Thanks,

Hidden Mist team.

good luck with server mate

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
Take your time if need be. Ignore the whiners we get them on EVERY server.They strugle to be constuctive in their criticism so then resort to insults ect we are all used to it now. I understand your predicament, you want to try and please the majority but the best decision's will come from your team. Dont be influenced by people that just want it all here and now. Do what feels right for you. its a hard stessfull job and i in no way envy you.

All the donator haters need to understand running any server has an outlay therefore no donations = no game so realy you should be thanking donators they keep servers alive so you get to play a FREE game....

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
Take your time if need be. Ignore the whiners we get them on EVERY server.They strugle to be constuctive in their criticism so then resort to insults ect we are all used to it now. I understand your predicament, you want to try and please the majority but the best decision's will come from your team. Dont be influenced by people that just want it all here and now. Do what feels right for you. its a hard stessfull job and i in no way envy you.

All the donator haters need to understand running any server has an outlay therefore no donations = no game so realy you should be thanking donators they keep servers alive so you get to play a FREE game....

if you played years ago you'd realise servers dont need donations to be run, the majority of people are just greedy for cash now

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
I did play years ago check my join date.... The problem is Dedicated servers seem to be the way to go nowadays they run smoother (most of the time) and can handle a lot more activity. They cost money (it might not be much but it is still an outlay) i dont see why this cost cannot be covered by donations if need be. Its not a matter of "needing" donations

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
i dont think its the actual donations that are a problem tbh, its purely what benefits and what items you get from them which is why people hate them so much i think, for example
a guy grinds all day lvling (non-donator), a donator spends an hour or two lvling and has got the same amount of lvls and exp gained,
non donator spends 6 hours in a Kr to get a decent item, donator buys a better 1 in 5 mins. see where im coming from? donations arent the problem, as you say on some servers there necessary but the greedy GM's take it one step too far and make the benefits for donators great to make money (not intended at this thread btw its pointed at X amount of servers ive played where this is the case)

tbh i think the way forward is a one / two week trial (or lvl cap), after which u need a membership (one-off payment) of 5-10 quid per account maybe nothing major. then theres 0 arguements over donations because technically all players will have.

if people are put off by this throw a couple of mill gold in or something and just ure average noob starter kit.

what do you guys think to this?

Oh on topic by the way about this server.... its not gunna be one of the 'new breed' private servers is it? where u have cave after cave of lvl capped maps and a different kit every 5 lvls thats far too easy to get in each cave?
no offence but i see these servs as pointless playing, maybe im just oldschool lol

hope this made sense ive had 4 hours sleep!

thoughts peeps? :)

Last edited:

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
If the owners got enough money for the first month of the dedi, maybe delay donations for a couple weeks to see whats rare/not so rare to help the GM's decide a decent donation list?

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
if you played years ago you'd realise servers dont need donations to be run, the majority of people are just greedy for cash now

The attitudes of most players, assuming that because they are playing a server the yare entitled to be heard and noticed is one of the reasons donations are important nowadays. No one really wants to run a server for mouthy noobs who think they are owed something, especially if something isn't going their way. You definately need some incentive for working fairly hard to please ungreatful *******s.

Reactions: HiddenMistGM

Stridey123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
stridey read my comment and give me ure thoughts plz ? :)
too be honest bud its pretty long and i cba lol i skim read it and it sounds kinda like what i was thinking. End of the day we'll just have to see what happens i think :) so many different idea's around, they can't please us all

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
I spoke to the manager at the dedi company today who assures me the machine is available and will be "ready as soon as possible". I'm going to start looking at other companies while I am waiting as it all seems a bit strange. It takes about 4-5 hours to reformat a PC, put all the software back on it and prepare the ports right? I could be wrong but it seems like they might be feeding me a load of crap...

Can anybody recommend a decent dedicated gaming server company please?

Thank you very much and sorry for any delays.

Hidden Mist team.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England
i dont think its the actual donations that are a problem tbh, its purely what benefits and what items you get from them which is why people hate them so much i think, for example
a guy grinds all day lvling (non-donator), a donator spends an hour or two lvling and has got the same amount of lvls and exp gained,
non donator spends 6 hours in a Kr to get a decent item, donator buys a better 1 in 5 mins. see where im coming from? donations arent the problem, as you say on some servers there necessary but the greedy GM's take it one step too far and make the benefits for donators great to make money (not intended at this thread btw its pointed at X amount of servers ive played where this is the case)

tbh i think the way forward is a one / two week trial (or lvl cap), after which u need a membership (one-off payment) of 5-10 quid per account maybe nothing major. then theres 0 arguements over donations because technically all players will have.

if people are put off by this throw a couple of mill gold in or something and just ure average noob starter kit.

what do you guys think to this?

Oh on topic by the way about this server.... its not gunna be one of the 'new breed' private servers is it? where u have cave after cave of lvl capped maps and a different kit every 5 lvls thats far too easy to get in each cave?
no offence but i see these servs as pointless playing, maybe im just oldschool lol

hope this made sense ive had 4 hours sleep!

thoughts peeps? :)

not saying gamepot ect care but this would give them a reason to be bothered, but i get where your coming from about donations, should only be able to get things such as small exp pots (which also drop in the drops) maybe weakish pets but still help a little bit for leveling

triple x

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2007
gettin a bit bored of donation this donation that ... clearly its up to the gm wot he wants...as far as im aware there is no kit and lvls on donation list... and i doubt there will be ... fkss server right up tbh...

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Ok, sent an email to the dedi guy today, (a pretty pushy one at that). I basically said, "I feel like I am getting messed about a little bit, this is going to be a long term rental for me, so please provide the service I should be getting for the money I will be spending or I will have to look at some other companies." Hopefully this should get their arse in gear.

Just waiting for a reply now, I'll let you all know as soon as I hear anything.

Hidden Mist team

Last edited:

HiddenMistGM

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Good stuff, is the client available for download anywhere yet?

We're just using the spare time we have from waiting for the dedi to make little tweaks etc to skins so if we put patches etc up now, we'd only have to re-upload them. Think we're going to put them all up just before we go live.

Status
Not open for further replies.