Is anyone actually going to release a decent new server.

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
As i said, i dont have a spare host pc, i aint paying for a dedi host and im not passing out my files to anyoe, + I havent worked with 2.3 files as i dont like 2.3.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
i dont care what you say but most people here have played mir for years and its just simply boring....

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
Aye, some people do make me still enjoy the game at times, i just keep switching between 1.9 2.3 and 3 lol

/Jenix

Still reckon you should try and make a server, that would stop your boredom.

On the P69 Topic, i may try and get back into that thinking about it lol

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
my hero server will be up in a few months, will only have 30 to 50 players as iam not really going to post it, its more for mates i know but... you can jump on anytime and play if you like

i myself are bored with 1.9 and 2.3 but never been bored with hero

lif

NickMason2007

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 2, 2007
inside a cake
i would just wait till a new servers settled down..id much rather play a longterm server thats been up for ages and has a decent usercount.

low rate or not tbh

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Yeh thats a problem. Sometimes its harder to catch up to the higher levels.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
2.3 destroyed p69 aswell as the huge population of foreigners with too much time on their hands who wont help u at all. i agree with sic every server out there is shlt or no point playing coz u wont catch up. i used to be able to work with 1.4 but 1.9 n 2.3 is twice as hard or complicated, holidays have come and people got plenty of time off to work on a server.

other thing is it would take maybe 2-3 months for 1 person to make a server but if you had 3 people helping each other it would take less time again.

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
sorry if this has been mentiond am at work and havent got time to read all of the posts but heres my opinion on why there are not that many decent servers about.

1. Firstly i think there are alot less lom users than this time 4 years ago
  2. Secondly making a server now is not as easy as it also was 4 years ago.. iv made about 3 of the sql servers and they require alot of hard work and generally a more mature person to create a successfull server being that as it may the more mature/older people are now playing mir alot less than they was obviously when they were younger, which gives them alomst no time at all to make their own server. saying that there r obviously ppl who r older and do not have jobs and just cba to make servers and r w8ing for other ppl to do so.
  3. finaly after reading this forum briefly over the past few months it seems all the old server makers r no longer posting on here or r just simply w8in for a new "big hit" server to come out which means no 1 is creating servers and the few ppl who r, are not showing enough enthusiasm to make their server big. i hope i am completely wrong and a smash hit server comes out withint the next few months and gives us decresing mir users something new and exciting to play.
thnx -Dan

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
tbh if there was a way to stop cheating on 1.4 i would make a server, i still agree 1.4 was the best files/fairest files, when a tao was actually a tao and was a support class, when you didnt have dc 2000 and lvl 255+, when things were simple and pvp was good, anyway that has proven to be near impossible.

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
If i had 1.4 files that i have edited, could i just import them into 1.9 files e.g the items DB/mobs and just add the maps n npcs as you do on 1.4?

2dope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2005
1.9 has instant run.. lol ...how it good for pvp ? :/ 1.9 u lag when u hit aswell its ****...

/fubu