Knife Crime

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
i hang around (Or used to) with some crazy people, and I tell you not one of them raised a fist towards me, or any of the others, never mind a knife.

I hope you drop charges, in all fairness he will realise he was in the wrong, and soon sort his head out (You would hope). If he gets sent down, it could make it worse... i know people will say this is wrong and he shouldnt get away with it, but its the best interest for you, and him. (Thats what this country has come to anyway)

**** me, you hand around with the wrong guys dan. Especially if they're gonna be out of order for defending yourself, not being funny you could be a big guy/able to take the other fella, but when there's a knife involved and the guys going for you, you dont want that.

However, i too think it wont drop mate, the guy that smiled at your mum etc through the glass. I dont know how it'll continue obviously, but threats and worse may be a result. Maybe you've taught the guy the lesson and you should drop the charges as skyline said, if this keeps you safer. Ultimately do whatever wont get you, your friend, and most importantly your family in danger.

/Gand

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
i hang around (Or used to) with some crazy people, and I tell you not one of them raised a fist towards me, or any of the others, never mind a knife.

I hope you drop charges, in all fairness he will realise he was in the wrong, and soon sort his head out (You would hope). If he gets sent down, it could make it worse... i know people will say this is wrong and he shouldnt get away with it, but its the best interest for you, and him. (Thats what this country has come to anyway)

cant drop the charges nowadays once an arrest has been made, police wont even need dan to go to court if hes already given a statement.

I disagree with all of you saying ''good job'' ringing the old bill on him. So what he held a knife up to u, now the lad's gonna get jailed off for 2 years, you've lost all your friends, and every1 in your ends is gonna call u a grass.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
Sounds like a tricky situation, personally I wouldn't have called the police though. It will only make things worse at the end of the day, you should of just walked away plain and simple, let him think about it then take a look at what needs doing afterwards.

When I was 15 one of my friends pulled a knife to another kid during our under 16s football match, he's a decent guy if a little nuts, got on with him then and still get on well with him now. Sometimes even friends can suprise you when they end up in the wrong situation.

And all the people saying they would of sorted him out etc, I really hope you never end up with a knife pulled to you. Attacking the guy with a knife, yeh great idea superman. The most important thing you did was avoided any trouble.

mapadale

He can't drop the charges.

Once the police caught him with the knife, he can drop the charges for the threat. But the police won't drop the charges for carrying an offencesive weapon with intent.

Skyline not everyone lives in Sheffield and have to deal with the postcode crew.

Keep the charges going and deal with him through the courts, if any problems happen while it's being processed then he will be charged under 'Intimidating a witness' and get more on his sentance.

But ether way, he has all ready got an automatic sentance just for carrying the knife and getting caught with it.

And all the people saying they would of sorted him out etc, I really hope you never end up with a knife pulled to you. Attacking the guy with a knife, yeh great idea superman. The most important thing you did was avoided any trouble.
You obviously don't live in Sheffield, I've had it happen to me so many times that I've had to be trained in PP and so yes I would tackle anyone who pulls a knife out on me and hurt them in the process

Last edited:

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
You obviously don't live in Sheffield, I've had it happen to me so many times that I've had to be trained in PP and so yes I would tackle anyone who pulls a knife out on me and hurt them in the process

Sure you would mapa, sure you would.

I guess you could also fight off any friends the attacker might have with the laser beams you can produce from your backside.

mapadale

Sure you would mapa, sure you would.

I guess you could also fight off any friends the attacker might have with the laser beams you can produce from your backside.
Are you always such an ass.

PP = Personal Protection - If you don't know the full layout of the training then google it and then come back to me with your snidey comment.

FEAR is a state of mind and I don't fear anyone, I have an attitude in life that if something is going to happen its going to happen for a reason.

If someone came at me with a knife, I would disable them from the knife and give them a good kicking. If there mates where also there and decided to jump in, so be it. But I would be the one with the knife at this point and I higly doubt anyone will be taking it off me.

People fear tards like this for no reason and thats what they thrive on, you give them no fear and they back down. You protect yourself against one and you protect yourself against the others, its the way of human life.

Now crawl back under your stone Liandrin, cause you know SFA about me.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004

PP = Personal Protection - If you don't know the full layout of the training then google it and then come back to me with your snidey comment.

FEAR is a state of mind and I don't fear anyone, I have an attitude in life that if something is going to happen its going to happen for a reason.

If someone came at me with a knife, I would disable them from the knife and give them a good kicking. If there mates where also there and decided to jump in, so be it. But I would be the one with the knife at this point and I higly doubt anyone will be taking it off me.

People fear tards like this for no reason and thats what they thrive on, you give them no fear and they back down. You protect yourself against one and you protect yourself against the others, its the way of human life.

Unless they all start stamping on your hand, Or manpower your hand holding the knife into yourself.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004

This has nothing to do with you, your bull or your ninja skills. It's to do with the fact it's a knife and at the end of the day if you have a chance at walking or even running away then it's a better option than taking them on. I don't care who you think you are, you don't know the other person or what they can do so stop thinking your something special.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Different, but my mate was looking like going down for hitting someone with a baseball bat, got arrested, pleaded guilty. But the other guy dropped the charges, so my mate got away with it.

Dropped it because he knew it would cause more trouble for him if my mate went down for it.

There is alot of postcode "wars" going on around Sheffield i agree, not really sure what its like in other places =/. I know places like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds etc are just as bad as here, if not worse in some cases.
I also live on the Intake which mapa may be familiar with, and doesnt help we have places like Manor, Woodthorpe, Arbourthorne etc all close by, who all seem to have their "wars" of whose the hardest.

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Prestons starting to become like that, Looking upto Manchester Imo..

mapadale

Unless they all start stamping on your hand, Or manpower your hand holding the knife into yourself.
That can also happen, but I've found in the past. If you take the ring leader out, they all stop and think twice about what they are doing though doesn't always work.

This has nothing to do with you, your bull or your ninja skills. It's to do with the fact it's a knife and at the end of the day if you have a chance at walking or even running away then it's a better option than taking them on. I don't care who you think you are, you don't know the other person or what they can do so stop thinking your something special.

Like I said go read up on PP, cause you will find that it teachs you to read a persons body language and with this you are able to respond better in a situation where a weapon is pulled out on you - It's got nothing to do with being speacial or any form of martial art, it's about protecting yourself in a situation like that, that you can't 'Run; away from.

Different, but my mate was looking like going down for hitting someone with a baseball bat, got arrested, pleaded guilty. But the other guy dropped the charges, so my mate got away with it.

Dropped it because he knew it would cause more trouble for him if my mate went down for it.

There is alot of postcode "wars" going on around Sheffield i agree, not really sure what its like in other places =/. I know places like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds etc are just as bad as here, if not worse in some cases.
I also live on the Intake which mapa may be familiar with, and doesnt help we have places like Manor, Woodthorpe, Arbourthorne etc all close by, who all seem to have their "wars" of whose the hardest.

Rather you than me up Intake.

I remember back in the old days, when it used to be turf wars - Manor over Richmond and vice versa, now it's a case of you have to protect yourself in whatever way you can and mine was to do pp and it has helped a lot since doing it.

The issue with Knife crime is so hot on the agenda, that it now passes an automatic sentance if caught with a knife.

Last edited:

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
So what if your informing police, at end of day his life was in danger. Mate or no mate he shouldn't of done that. Also aren't mates meant to protect you in situations like these not raise a knife to you to create the situation.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
So what if your informing police, at end of day his life was in danger. Mate or no mate he shouldn't of done that. Also aren't mates meant to protect you in situations like these not raise a knife to you to create the situation.

It's hard for us to answer it depends on a lot of things. We don't know the guy and we don't know how serious he was, if he waited there until police arrived without stabbing you I imagine he was maybe trying to scare you rather than trying to literally kill you.

Theres a bunch of things need taking into account and it's not to defend the guy with the knife but to make your life easier. Alot of communities look down on calling police over something like this, his friends aren't going to be happy if he gets locked away for a long time.

mapadale

It's hard for us to answer it depends on a lot of things. We don't know the guy and we don't know how serious he was, if he waited there until police arrived without stabbing you I imagine he was maybe trying to scare you rather than trying to literally kill you.

Theres a bunch of things need taking into account and it's not to defend the guy with the knife but to make your life easier. Alot of communities look down on calling police over something like this, his friends aren't going to be happy if he gets locked away for a long time.
It's communities that are like that, that we have such a problem with gun/knife related crime - It's not a case of not wanting to go to the police, but about being to scared to, for fear of violence towards yourself.

Have you not been watching the news this last couple of years, communities claming up cause they have been threatened.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Could be on drugs... drugs take over peoples minds and makes them do things they dont want to do.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
my advise , when you see an mad man with a knife or gun , run fast as you can , don't try to be superman , your life is more important .