Latest Province

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
My latest homezone, not for release, will be used in my upcoming project.

Comments?

p.s Im aware the ice objects do not match the tiles, but they dont look too bad ingame and theres no alternitive.

homezonejpg_157.jpg

Tahriel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 1, 2004
looks good but at the bottom if a player goes there they will be able to see black wont they? if im wrong sorry been away from mir for quite some time :P

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Nah they wont, when you export the map the bottom gets cut off.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
In all it looks ok. Like you say, different walls for the town would be good so it matches but nonetheless its good :)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
not keen on the ice temple entrance, just doesnt fit with sand/grass. and the town also looks wierd on grass, needs more floor detail.

6/10

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
Is there no way to complete the normal stone walls then make a tiny square or somthing out of the ice files, even having a path leading to that may make it look better, and make sure people cannot see the brown behind the black on minimap etc.
/Head

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
Nah they wont, when you export the map the bottom gets cut off.

What are you on about exporting? Do you mean when you save as a .bmp? Then your talking bolox, as mine never get cut off.

Personally? I think its ****e. The whole idea of having the ice temple on it, makes it look crap. There is alternatives... you make a normal cliff, or a normal entrance to a cave/temple and have an ice temple/cave on the inside? That would proberly look better, also i think its a tad cramped, and could have been built on a larger map. Again these are my PERSONAL opinions, so dont a be little fk wits and slag me off for this.

There is some good points... i think using the hell objects, is quite good, and they dont look obviously out of place.. and its good idea, but ice tiles were too far, as well using the two sets of walls for palace, then having the shops etc in other section is nice, and i like it.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
It does cut off when you save as bmp, i tell no lies.

I agree, probably would have been more effective to have a normal enterance, but its too late now.

But it looks alright in game, im sure people wont mind.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Just noticed towards top left corner, why are there 3 trees around the wall :S

/Head

Theres one just infront of the wall to cover up a bit that didnt fit together,

the other two managed to get up there somehow, sneaky things.

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex
the ice objects arent too bad , if you cant change the cliffs and add some snow tiles if you have em instead of the brown cliff colour

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
and the town also looks wierd on grass, needs more floor detail.
Why does it look weird on grass ? It makes sense that an occupied area would have grass and outside the walls would have scrub/woodland.

Having Ice temple detail instead of the usual Wooma Temple type entrance also works as it can make you think "ooh, what's in here, this could be difficult ?". In the far east, places can have a dramatic change in climate between temperate and cold.

Having things a bit different is what makes the game more exciting rather than following the same "norm" all the time.

It looks a good little map to me. :agree:

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Good point rerly lol it is hard to make tiles n objects match up thou wud look abit weird ingame