[MapViewer]

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
EDIT here :

Again a Update (LomCN Exclusiv Version) ;-) not final but the first Mir3 Map Editor that Support all Map Types...

Info : I know the Map Type Id thats Wemade use is importen, so please test and play with it.
(I believe if you use things from Snow then you need to set Snow as Type)
I can't test the maked Maps, I don't have a Mir3 Server and has made all plain from scretch...
I have include some nice parts, functions and Images from my own Editor...

According to the replays I spend some times more to this tool...
Nice Info as a Help to final the tool :

- Operation Sys + Home, Prem, ulti...
- RAM
- CPU
- Graphiccard
- OS bit (32 or 64 bit version)

:: Not Implement atm ::
- Blocker
- Light
- Animation (no idea if I have time for it, it is the bigest Part of all)

!!!! SEARCH IN FORUM FOR MAP EDITOR !!!!

The next one that I plan, but need more support (PC specs) before I give out this version.
- include light
- include blocker
- Change Fullscreen / Normal Screen Switch mode
- fix Image ID and File ID Info
- some other fixes
- add first step on Select Mode (look at pic 2)

NewMapView_3.PNG

NewMapView_4.PNG

Last edited:

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
A map viewer or map editor?

If it's just a viewer i think it's useless, the mir 3 comunity needs a good editor to make custom maps and quality servers.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Well a map viewer would only be nice if you can add NPC thru it for example click on coords and u can pop a npc there or make spawns thru the viewer, like idabiga's Mir3Multitool, you open a map and can click on coords to add npcs,doors or spawns. Only to view maps its pretty usless because every1 knows the maps because they are a few years old

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Not necessarily, theres still a few maps i havent seen yet such as moon river abyss etc, but yeah a working map editor would be much more handy

Ashran

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 11, 2007
Palma, Mallorca
Viewer: you should use it to get the mmap from the maps (ice, lava...)
Editor: I agree with other comments: the mir3 community needs a good map editor

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Hmm ok then I can delete the new source for a view system.

I made longtime nothing more with Mir3 but I was thinking a stable View Tool with Coord info and
Zoom function for Mir3 (all Maps and Type (Job, Ptw ect.)) helps to set NPCs and Monster and Event Mob Moving things.
I see now it don't made sense to spend time to Mir3 anymore. :-/
To made a MapEditor for Mir3, I don't have time atm and I dislike the kick in the pants at the end.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
If someone is willing to code new things for MIR3 then the community should support him, always begin with a Viewer which then leads onto a Editor.

But hassnt the Chinese released a Viewer/Editor already for MIR3? am sure iv seen a few or could of been MIR2, if i do see one il grab it.

But yea support Coly, seems a handy tool to have tbh.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
We've had 1 for a while that only Coly seems to know how to work, his explanations arent the best lol. Seems a bit of a weird thread to me tbh,
do u want this?
well im not going to do it!
people who release tools like this always receive excellent credit, Kaori, Idabiga... the list goes on, just seems like a bit of attention grabbing to me

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
thanks Sanity, this is the first post I ever read on mir3, that say the right words...

Yes, the offer is atm not a Editor but it is a begin and has some things to help Server Admins...

A Picture show the state :

NewMapView_1.PNG

Edit :

- The idea with click on a Coors and draw a NPC is not the problem.
- To make a picture for the mmap is allready included (zoom to 3.12% and made a shot).

@Geordiehc : sorry that my English isn't so good but I have never learn english.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
thanks Sanity, this is the first post I ever read on mir3, that say the right words...

Yes, the offer is atm not a Editor but it is a begin and has some things to help Server Admins...

A Picture show the state :

NewMapView_1.PNG

Edit :

- The idea with click on a Coors and draw a NPC is not the problem.
- To make a picture for the mmap is allready included (zoom to 3.12% and made a shot).

@Geordiehc : sorry that my English isn't so good but I have never learn english.
i got to say to look at this is alot better than just to talk about it :)
I think it would be a nice release!
Would be nice for a pre release Coly ;) this would make me doing my npcs and spawns alot easyer :P

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
I can uplaod the version thats I have atm done but the Merchant things not done.

NewMapView_2.PNG

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Ok thx for infos :)

This one has a own and stable D3D Engine as the Tool thats I have post for long time.
The next one looks a bit changed ;-) has at first some things we need on a Mir3MapEditor... Normal I need to Convert the WIL files to a better readable Format, then it is faster to work with this tool.

Coly

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 31, 2005
Germany
Again a Update (LomCN Exclusiv Version) ;-) not final but the first Mir3 Map Editor that Support all Map Types...

Info : I know the Map Type Id thats Wemade use is importen, so please test and play with it.
(I believe if you use things from Snow then you need to set Snow as Type)
I can't test the maked Maps, I don't have a Mir3 Server and has made all plain from scretch...
I have include some nice parts, functions and Images from my own Editor...

According to the replays I spend some times more to this tool...
Nice Info as a Help to final the tool :

- Operation Sys + Home, Prem, ulti...
- RAM
- CPU
- Graphiccard
- OS bit (32 or 64 bit version)

:: Not Implement atm ::
- Blocker
- Light
- Animation (no idea if I have time for it, it is the bigest Part of all)

And here now the Tool :

Illusion MapViewPlusEdit V6.1

@Admin : can you move the thread to Releases ? Thx

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
where do you put the editor? wen i put it in the data folder and load maps i just get black :s