Release Mir2 Files (Close to Official Korea)

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Re: New Mir2 Files (Close to Official Korea)

Niceone i dont suppose anyone has translated these files yet? Or bits of them?

Cheers,

/Zen2

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003

No great interest in these anymore?

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

i would like to learn about these but without them translated i wouldnt be able to play with them iam a noob :( only ever put up a 1.4 server like5 yr a go lmao

downloaded , done magics , monster db seems all translated :S????

waiting for client now , so whenc lient done i copy maps from client into server map folder and boom try gates???

Last edited:

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003

These are probs the best files we can use... but its just keeping on top of the updates atm.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

rite i renamed the bottum 7 spells in magic db but they wont make ingame , where else ave i gotta rename them 2 , and how hard is it to translate ac / amc /mc /dc /sc ?

edit : hmmm i liking idea of these files looks good , never used owt past 1.4 in over 5 yrs and i got them up within 10 mins :)

where can i find the word gold and translate it :S
n the m2server is now unpacked yes?

anweers would be great thanks for release n elp guy

edit my m2server stil in korean when i using milo's new 1 :S

how i know which is the new spells i renamed to 1-5 in the std lmao :S

som1 add me to msn who dont mite elping plz [email protected]

edit : when i try hosting i get this error on m2server

[16/04/2008 16:58:13] ¹«»á×ÜÊý:0
[16/04/2008 16:58:13] ³Ç±¤×ÜÊý:1
[16/04/2008 16:58:14] Windows socket error: The requested address is not valid in its context (10049), on API 'bind'
[16/04/2008 16:58:19] ½Å±¾ÎļþδÕÒµ½:.\Envir\Market_Def\NPC´úÂë²âÊÔ-3.txt
[16/04/2008 16:58:20] Windows socket error: The requested address is not valid in its context (10049), on API 'bind'

Last edited:

gizzy0001

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2005

rite i renamed the bottum 7 spells in magic db but they wont make ingame , where else ave i gotta rename them 2 , and how hard is it to translate ac / amc /mc /dc /sc ?

edit : hmmm i liking idea of these files looks good , never used owt past 1.4 in over 5 yrs and i got them up within 10 mins :)

where can i find the word gold and translate it :S
n the m2server is now unpacked yes?

anweers would be great thanks for release n elp guy

edit my m2server stil in korean when i using milo's new 1 :S

how i know which is the new spells i renamed to 1-5 in the std lmao :S

som1 add me to msn who dont mite elping plz [email protected]

edit : when i try hosting i get this error on m2server

[16/04/2008 16:58:13] ¹«»á×ÜÊý:0
[16/04/2008 16:58:13] ³Ç±¤×ÜÊý:1
[16/04/2008 16:58:14] Windows socket error: The requested address is not valid in its context (10049), on API 'bind'
[16/04/2008 16:58:19] ½Å±¾ÎļþδÕÒµ½:.\Envir\Market_Def\NPC´úÂë²âÊÔ-3.txt
[16/04/2008 16:58:20] Windows socket error: The requested address is not valid in its context (10049), on API 'bind'

all window socket errors are related to the wrong ip being searched

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

thanks any1 got english magic db or exe? or both :)

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China

how do you add mobs / items / maps with these files there easy to get a server going but confusing on other things :D

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003

Items, magic, monsters all use access and the rest is pretty much txt files.

A lot of people were wrongly informed. They were told that it all uses access but this isn't the case as I have found out. Uses the text files, just like old times (1.4/ledu).

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

i dunno how to make items in access , used to use item creator bk in day and that was easy , any1 screenie there english magic db please and post so i can translate mine?

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

the support on this forum is utter **** these days.

koni

V.I.P
VIP
Mar 14, 2006
Southampton UK

the support on this forum is utter **** these days.

sure it is, perhaps if you posted a help request in the mir2 help section you would of been better helped ?

making an english magic database is pretty simple, all you need is an english version of the magic database which can be found in any of the dm2 server files, either thedeaths ones or the svn files, write down the details from that database and then change the one that comes with these files so it looks the same, the three+ new skills name them what you like, but remember to change there book name in the stditem db to match or the skill will not go into the skill section of your char, it will just bounce back into your bag when double clicked.

making items in access all you need to do is, double click the data.mdb file, locate the "stditems" database, double click it, go to the bottom of the database, input the next idx number and away you go , to find the images you want to use dowload a program called hh8 or kaori's mim viewer (can easily be found via the search button), read the guides that have been plastered over this forum for years with regards to making items, or perhaps raise a help request in the mir2 help section of lomcn, then you would prob get help alot quicker then in this section.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

sure it is, perhaps if you posted a help request in the mir2 help section you would of been better helped ?

making an english magic database is pretty simple, all you need is an english version of the magic database which can be found in any of the dm2 server files, either thedeaths ones or the svn files, write down the details from that database and then change the one that comes with these files so it looks the same, the three+ new skills name them what you like, but remember to change there book name in the stditem db to match or the skill will not go into the skill section of your char, it will just bounce back into your bag when double clicked.

making items in access all you need to do is, double click the data.mdb file, locate the "stditems" database, double click it, go to the bottom of the database, input the next idx number and away you go , to find the images you want to use dowload a program called hh8 or kaori's mim viewer (can easily be found via the search button), read the guides that have been plastered over this forum for years with regards to making items, or perhaps raise a help request in the mir2 help section of lomcn, then you would prob get help alot quicker then in this section.

legend <3 could i have your msn please so i can cyber you haha oni messing want your help :(

done gold and translated magic db , but i can thru mobs but not walk thru , how can i stop this :( and any1 got a guild for creating items and adding new weps :S please :)

Last edited:

Elvin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 14, 2003
middlesex

in m2 server there is a setting in one of the tabs to stop runthru or enable it for players and GM's.
(you wont get walk thru as the mob/npc/player is seen as solid at walking speed)

And as for adding items weapons etc to the db its exactly the same as if you were using DBC2000 on old files except you have to open the access mdb file and add it there instead of editing DBC2000.
there is no difference to adding items in any DB all the way from old 1.4 to 1.9 to DM2 or these files the database takes all the same information as you have in any older DB possibly a few more fields but thats it .

Last edited:

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

still getting run thru and i used to use item creator or w/e :S forgot how you count wils so u get rite image

and wheres the first warrior skill like :S

Last edited:

mississ1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2007

how do you add new mobs weapons and armors to these server files? any help wud b appreciated

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006

Right ive been playing with these files an have made some progress but have found some snaggs.

-From what i can see, the files will read from a graphics folder, although for some reason they wont read from the human folder.

-They have worked well up till now, but for some reason they've suddenly stopped reading the changes ive made in the databases, although it was working fine only an hour ago.

Any help would be great