My first MIR experience.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
My first Mir experience came during the end of beta phase. The Game Network TV show peaked my interest. Remember the old dial up 56k modems that would disconnect you ever two hours? Yeah, that was me too. It took two or three days to download a 300MB file, I resumed through all the night to make sure I could play ASAP.

Post installation and login, I spawn at the most Southern town of Bichon (forgot the name) and I am awfully confused. The TV showed real people interacting and so I proceed to stand there next to a player, asking for help, becoming frustrated and launching an attack. He killed me in one hit.

That player was a Guard.

My entire life changed at that moment and I felt true addiction. School was secondary, exams ment nothing and all that mattered was e-credit on a digital game on the internet. It consumed me. I've lived a fortunate life in many ways and it is all thanks to Legend of Mir. I have memories that'll be with me to the day I die.

I was mocked and ridiculed by friends and family at certain periods due to my addiction but the irony is years later the same people would have friends login to their Facebook accounts to tend to their crops on silly FB games. Lol.

There is something unique about that first MMO that captivates you. I've never felt "that" feeling from any other game.

Thanks for reading.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
A true story that some of you may not know. I do NOT condone of my past actions, i was young and immature.

My two primary characters were DanUK on Dragon and GODapocalyse on Phoenix. Apoc I purchased at level 30 from the dude who left to play other games. I carried that character up until level 40 where I was banned.

There were two apps in existence, one was public and one was private. The public one was mirlander, the Chinese developer and myself had a deal where I would create their website and I would get free licenses. The second was an exploit where DC, MC and SC could be maxed per hit (255). The private one was created by a friend an lomcn member here =).

I created three new characters, zeropain, zeropower and zero something else, all hit level 40 in no time using the bot and exploit. People took notice. My primary character was banned (apoc) as well as the zero characters. This is where the story gets interesting. GN launched a game called Droiyan and me being me found a way to access any account and do as I wish. I in turn negotiated a deal to return my apoc account, boost the levels (from 40 to 44) and also some item and gold perks for disclosing my method for Droiyan.

I was unbanned, returned and continued the game until RZ did its thing.

Last edited:

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
My first Mir experience came during the end of beta phase. The Game Network TV show peaked my interest. Remember the old dial up 56k modems that would disconnect you ever two hours? Yeah, that was me too. It took two or three days to download a 300MB file, I resumed through all the night to make sure I could play ASAP.

Post installation and login, I spawn at the most Southern town of Bichon (forgot the name) and I am awfully confused. The TV showed real people interacting and so I proceed to stand there next to a player, asking for help, becoming frustrated and launching an attack. He killed me in one hit.

That player was a Guard.

My entire life changed at that moment and I felt true addiction. School was secondary, exams ment nothing and all that mattered was e-credit on a digital game on the internet. It consumed me. I've lived a fortunate life in many ways and it is all thanks to Legend of Mir. I have memories that'll be with me to the day I die.

I was mocked and ridiculed by friends and family at certain periods due to my addiction but the irony is years later the same people would have friends login to their Facebook accounts to tend to their crops on silly FB games. Lol.

There is something unique about that first MMO that captivates you. I've never felt "that" feeling from any other game.

Thanks for reading.
First time was in a internet cafe, used to go with loads of friends to play CS and we would watch chinese men play this little funny looking game, and one of them helped all of us make accounts, used to tell my mother i was sleeping in friends house and we would pay like 10 euro to pull all nighter in this internet cafe playing mir, was mir 3 no idea the name of the server but there was like 10 of us smashing out boars all night. good times, and many years later i still get the feeling i need play mir, atm i mess around on mir4 but still miss mir3 alot, dont know if we all were just really bad but that feeling when you get that J mace and it meant somthing. good old days.

• Wow
Reactions: MentaL and zedina

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
The second was an exploit where DC, MC and SC could be maxed per hit (255). The private one was created by a friend an lomcn member here =).

I created three new characters, zeropain, zeropower and zero something else, all hit level 40 in no time using the bot and exploit. People took notice. My primary character was banned (apoc) as well as the zero characters.

Your fit right in on LOMCN mate, they got all sorts of tags for this kinda thing, even polls about it and it’s future. GLHF, I once had a shiny VIP badge, oh were the days

• Carrot
Reactions: MentaL and Jev

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
I like the story.

Tell us more :)
I was one of the testers of Louds private server. He was a GM and one of the hosts of the TV show. It was thanks to him where things are today. I believe he shared them between several people and then they came to my possession from a dude I believe called Planet metal or something to that effect. Anyone remember Loud?

Another fun fact, head of the Euro server / GM was HobeR (I think that was his name ) but I used the uppercase parts of his name on mine as I was using the alias JustAMental and then shortened it to MentaL as an omen to Mir.

Athena was the old euro Gm who gave me the official database and stats for the RZ server and some content. They used an SQL version at this point and thus not a lot of stuff could be used.
Post automatically merged:

This was the old EU GM on my test server. I was testing the stats from the DB she sent. It included drop rates and spawn locations too.
test5.JPG

Last edited:

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I was one of the testers of Louds private server. He was a GM and one of the hosts of the TV show. It was thanks to him where things are today. I believe he shared them between several people and then they came to my possession from a dude I believe called Planet metal or something to that effect. Anyone remember Loud?

Another fun fact, head of the Euro server / GM was HobeR (I think that was his name ) but I used the uppercase parts of his name on mine as I was using the alias JustAMental and then shortened it to MentaL as an omen to Mir.

Athena was the old euro Gm who gave me the official database and stats for the RZ server and some content. They used an SQL version at this point and thus not a lot of stuff could be used.

This was the old EU GM on my test server. I was testing the stats from the DB she sent. It included drop rates and spawn locations too.
View attachment 31470
You're having a lot of fun there.

You must be nostalgic :)

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
You're having a lot of fun there.

You must be nostalgic :)
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Anyone remember this?
sql.jpg

mirlander.jpg

Last edited:

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
My first actual Mir experience was Ragezone Lowrate, played blackbullet after he gave up on the char. Then played ChilliPepper after he gave up on that. Funnily enough probably the most I enjoyed mir.

Reactions: MentaL

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.

View attachment 31470
Love this mate. Keep it coming

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
How about some old testing screenshots?

Attachments

• blueiron.jpg
    blueiron.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 89
  • #1 (1).jpg
    #1 (1).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 87
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 80
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 77
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 76
  • #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 79
  • bloo.jpg
    bloo.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 76
  • dear me.jpg
    dear me.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 81
  • images11.jpg
    images11.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 78
  • lolwoops.jpg
    lolwoops.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 75
  • weapon#2.jpg
    weapon#2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 70
  • weapon#3.jpg
    weapon#3.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 86

Da Warrio

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2003
I am sure I wasnt alone with parents not paying a monthly subscription to a game, so I used to play the free trial and hunt oma warriors before coming onto the p server scene back on GGMania forums.

Played lots of great servers, my irl friend hosted Zanarkand after Shinoda stopped or left, dont remember (my friends name was ZippoFlame). I played devil and Charisma servers (alongside all main ones everyone mentions), I still think these were quite under-rated.

Had great memories all the official Mir3 servers, two of my favourites were getting the first Liege Helmet from Bone Lord on Ignis (Rare, AC2-10) and not realising how rare it would end up being, sold it to KingOfWar (Chinese) for 10M as it was a drop between 6.

Christmas Eve hunting NR with Zec and we got a necklace piece, called the guild (Apex) to join as the timers were up and hunted to 3am in the morning on Christmas day farming almost all the necklace pieces before leaving a massive lure on to give us time to get back.

There are not many games where I have made the same connections I did on mir, maybe age/timing was part of it too.. Still says alot I check this forum at least once a week nearly 20 years later..

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
official database

Found a mirror: https://www.mirfiles.com/resources/mir2/Tools/RZ19serverfiles.rar
Password: mental@ragezone

Mirror: https://files.lomcn.co.uk/resources/mir2/eurofiles.rar

Reactions: 1PKRyan and 2poe

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
RZ-Reborn for a laugh? :p
Deny No Way GIF

Story:

We use to have a problematic member called e0n. e0n was Romanian, liked MIR and had a short temper. During the early days (2003) I was unfamiliar with many aspects of black hat foolery and my first true experience with a DDOS attack came at the helm of e0n himself. In any event he felt wronged, had issues with a player or was just in a bad mood, he would overload the bandwidth via good ol' Layer 4 flooding. It was due to his actions I learnt the methods of the game myself. Johnly1 never liked having his connection flooded and had a short fuse and sometimes even without an attack, would shut the server due to L1 not approving of the communities antics.

e0n the bad looser.JPG

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: zedina

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
Deny No Way GIF

Story:

We use to have a problematic member called e0n. e0n was Romanian, liked MIR and had a short temper. During the early days (2003) I was unfamiliar with many aspects of black hat foolery and my first true experience with a DDOS attack came at the helm of e0n himself. In any event he felt wronged, had issues with a player or was just in a bad mood, he would overload the bandwidth via good ol' Layer 4 flooding. It was due to his actions I learnt the methods of the game myself. Johnly1 never liked having his connection flooded and had a short fuse and sometimes even without an attack, would shut the server due to L1 not approving of the communities antics.

View attachment 31500
So what's the chance we can get a release lol. Funnily enough I still speak to Exclamation/Lee.