New, 999:999 coord map - In progress

smoochy boys on tour

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Hey, recently I've been bored so started something two days ago. Not done much, but this is what I've got.

Comments on what I have so far and maybe suggestions to what I should fill the rest of the map up with.

Thanks..

bigmap-4.jpg

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Thanks, will have another image posted in a day or two. :)

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
what happend to the other 1 you started :( ? and were you been aint see you about for awhile

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Do not see point of 999x999 maps, last 2 i've seen failed.

They look nice.. but if you check out my upcomming map post, you can see, by photoshopping 3 maps together (obviously make it look proper, and not leave unfinished edges) you can make a sexual big map to stick on website, then keep 4 several big maps for ingame view.

Gives diverstiy to spawns easier, not to mention people cannot RT from Bw to Mw, would be a pain if you Rt'ed and had no form of tele back too.

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Sorry, your shouldn't care about the size. If it doesn't get used then fair does.

I just wanna make a map that is big with the skill I have, so I can improve and make better maps with the feedback you guys/gals give me.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Sorry, your shouldn't care about the size. If it doesn't get used then fair does.

I just wanna make a map that is big with the skill I have, so I can improve and make better maps with the feedback you guys/gals give me.

Making a 999x999 doesn't prove you got skill at all.. i got the "skill" to make nearly any map... i don't go making them all 999x999 cause i got this 'skill'.

If you want to show your skill, then make your own objects, do the undone... create your own tiles.. you have got skill... but this just shows your a plonker not that you got skill.

Also why you got 2nd exit out of BW into a cliff wall :S? lol hardly designed by a good architect :001_tongue:

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Im making a big map because I want too, not to show skill. Im showing skill in what I do.

And I made a 2nd entrance there because I was putting a teleport stone there.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
makin a 999x999 map dont prove any skill at all..just proves ur stupid to make a useless map lol.

why not make 5x maps 200x200... a full cave, that shows skill, bein able to create ur own unique dungeon.

provinces to me, never work.. as nothing can ever beat the orginals normaly.. and like i said, 999x999 is just stupidly pointless

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Give it a rest you lot its upto him what he makes, looks decent but as jam said you should have finished your other one first :P

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Give it a rest you lot its upto him what he makes, looks decent but as jam said you should have finished your other one first :P
Dont get me wrong, if he wants to do it go ahead.. im just expressing my opinion to say it is really pointless

imo like i said.. if some1 showed me a 5-10 cave dungeon, properly thought out and done.. then some1 showed mea 999x999 map... id still say the guy that done the dungeon was more talented

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Kizza,

When I have finished with my server (in a stable state), I had planned on making a new MapMaker (No Size Limit).

I mean if all goes well it should be a month or two from now (Long way off I know) but at least you could then fulfil that ambition of yours, 2.5k*2.5k

mapadale

Don't be put off by the negative comments, at the end of the day it's what suits you and not what others think.

Looking good by the way.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Hardly negative when its fact.. eg MW 900x800... its pointless, only reason its kept is because SW.

:P MW pwns ill have you know.

ur 999x999 map is comin along fine bud, you should know the bigger the better :) it does show skill, making objects just shows you have too much time on you hands. :P keep it up!