[New releases confusing me 0.o - 2.3 patch]

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
I havent been on LOMCN or near a computer for more than two weeks and im geting confused with this new realease of the chinese "Mir 2.3 server files"
Can somebody enlighten me? are they made by private server-owners?are they fully working (got EVERYTHING mir 2.3 has inc graphics?)

Just wondering as theres like 50+ paages on the thread and i am not going to read it all hehe.. (just asking for a basic explanation of whats going on)

If its too much hassle just dont worry about it,im just very curious hehe :agree:

Thanks!

Nicky

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 21, 2006
Swansea, South Wales
OoOoOo24 said:
I havent been on LOMCN or near a computer for more than two weeks and im geting confused with this new realease of the chinese "Mir 2.3 server files"
Can somebody enlighten me? are they made by private server-owners?are they fully working (got EVERYTHING mir 2.3 has inc graphics?)

Just wondering as theres like 50+ paages on the thread and i am not going to read it all hehe.. (just asking for a basic explanation of whats going on)

If its too much hassle just dont worry about it,im just very curious hehe :agree:

Thanks!

Its only a demo, it doesnt save what you do in game, and its limited.

Tbh hurts my pride helping someone from Cardiff..

Upvote 0

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
One more question...
Do the new clients released work with ANY M2Server? Or just DiamondM2?

For example the one Milo released in Custom Releases

Thanks

Upvote 0

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
OoOoOo24 said:
One more question...
Do the new clients released work with ANY M2Server? Or just DiamondM2?

For example the one Milo released in Custom Releases

Thanks

You cant use the one I released in custom releases with normal m2's atm I think it can be changed back to work on normal servers though

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i dont think u get the concept of open source nicky. we can make DM2 version 3.9 if we wanted, DM2 does have a few 2.3 features, such as the new interface, and the newer spells.

Upvote 0

Dano

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 18, 2006
Wales
looks a confusing job 4 a server lol i might give it a try but dont expect it 4 the server lol i think ill probs w8 till its made even better!

oh btw nicky im in bridgend lol so u cn help me coz im in middle :P

Upvote 0

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
oooh i'm from near bridgend, place called pencoed.

Also on topic, i wonder what he'll be charging for the full version, and if we'd be able to pay once then several servers use the files.

Upvote 0

Nicky

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 21, 2006
Swansea, South Wales
~HeavenSent~ said:
The new files are only DEMO files & carnt be used to make a server.

/HS

Carnt is not a word.

You can use them for a server it would be **** though, every time you log out, you lose what you do. Not worth hassle to even set it up you mean for full release, maybe for a laugh with mates ect thats it.

Upvote 0

joe112

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2006
user00 said:
cant u all that wanna make a 2.3 server gather cash and buy the files so u can make servers?
lol tbh, ud be payin thousands and the people who get willnot share it simple tbh

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
user00 said:
cant u all that wanna make a 2.3 server gather cash and buy the files so u can make servers?

yeah great idea. get 200 ppl to give £1 each, and then give the copys of the files out! why didnt someone else think of that!

oh wait, its because chinese put a security key on it so it'll only work on one pc.

lol.

Upvote 0

ashcom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 24, 2003
Farphit said:
yeah great idea. get 200 ppl to give £1 each, and then give the copys of the files out! why didnt someone else think of that!

oh wait, its because chinese put a security key on it so it'll only work on one pc.

lol.

you know theres no need for posts like this, a simple explination of why would have done, fact of the matter is some one else makes a post like that they get warned, being a Mod dont give you the right to act like an arse all the time.

Upvote 0