New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
Fair enough where I don't like to mention things which haven't been coded yet, I'll make an exception.

some you may know already.
  • Mir 3 Mobs, Spells, Maps... Graphics basically.
  • Mir 2 Mobs, Spells, Maps... Yea you know.
  • Equipment Refine, Much like Mir 3 Weapon refine - any equitable item needs to be leveled before it can be refined.
  • Elemental Gems - Will be rare of course.
  • Elements.
  • Added stats can add Base Stats (DC+ 4 - 2) You get the point.
  • Added stats could add Negative stats.
  • The standard - New Maps.
  • Mir 3's Pig Pet (Your Item Hoover)
  • Monster Play - I am not planning to reveal this in its entirety just yet but I will throw it out there.

This is not counting all the performance enhancements, such as instant respawns - none of this "cycle" crap.

I will add more if i remember but I'v got more important things to do like coding.

I like your attitude! :D

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Fixed:

• Login TextBox's are Re-Enabled when logging out from character Screen - This prevented typing in password/ID.
  • Correct message for when character creation is turned off.
  • Starting the Game when it was disabled resulted in infinite "Loading" screen, This will never happen.
  • fixed a glitch which caused an error when the server isn't loaded, but allowing connections (Users can now create accounts/characters if the server has not fully started, but will not allow them to log onto the characters.)
  • Added: Self updating server settings

Too add:
  • Connection Time outs
  • Message when deleting characters (Its Blank at the moment)
  • Starting the game when the server is offline/not allowing connections - Dialog
  • Password TextBox not cleared when finished with.

boothy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 23, 2007
Good work, seems to be going well. Looking forward to giving this a go when you have completed it! Good luck.

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Could you show us some screenshots of interface or ingame? xD
I would love to see whats been changed:P

Keep up the good work!

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Could you show us some screenshots of interface or ingame? xD
I would love to see whats been changed:P

Keep up the good work!
Give me a few hours bud, been focusing on server last day or so, getting it up to speed with the client.

I'll put some updates out soon.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
03d7f7a200000000.png

I shall call this, Flaming Blade of Babylon!

(Woool Spell Image)

why not, I'll show another

07a8f5bd00000000.png

Last edited:

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
new spells? that second 1 looks like it cud be a wiz skill or tao skill ;p

Oerot

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 11, 2010
Looks like a nice project, but just a few issues (that may be too early to consider, I'm not expert so these may be ignored if it's the case).

Although you upped the resolution to 1024x768 have you considered netbooks? Currently the majority of them have 1024x600 displays. You can play mir on them (albeit it's a bit small). But that would probably be the smallest resolution you need.

It would be nice if there could be multiple resolutions options (1024x768, 800x600) or widescreen options (1024x600) with the possibility of a windowed/or scaled mode.
I guess this is a tricky issues, as you wouldn't want wizards getting a unfair advantage if they could hit someone from outside their visual range.

But the 4:3 800x600 full screen has probably put off a great deal of people, especially in recent years. It would be nice if this could be remedied, or at least have Mir refreshed.

And as someone mentioned earlier, get rid of the fat wavs would be greatly appreciated if possible.

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
If people want the option of a lower res, give it to them , and if they cry about it's unfair as people can view higher res than them, then it's their problem, go buy a bigger screen.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
actually I made it so it is optional, but The game in 1024*768 was strange, I could see 95% of ZT KR which I'm not sure if its a good thing, I will be re assessing if I want this resolution.

You input is more then welcome, I have yet to come to a decision about this

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
actually I made it so it is optional, but The game in 1024*768 was strange, I could see 95% of ZT KR which I'm not sure if its a good thing, I will be re assessing if I want this resolution.

You input is more then welcome, I have yet to come to a decision about this

im sure it doesnt take a genius to realise that will be a huge advantage to wizards, and to a lesser extent, taos.

im sure uve considered this, as it would really upset balance issues.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
not if you introduced spells which would tackle the issue... for example if warriors had spells which increased run speed slightly?? or that spell on mir3 which teleports the warrior to the target... its easy to balance it... about the ZT KR map.. just increase the size of the map??? the increased resolution would be a welcomed change to mir in my opinion... it would enhance everything graphically for a starter. Think if you ever played Diablo II... when they released the expansion.. the resolution change made everything look wayy better. Maybe its just my opinion (which im entitled to) or maybe im talking for allot of people.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I Agree with what's been said, I personally would love to have it in-game but I'm cautious of the balancing act that will be required.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i have framework .net 2 with sp but the file Legend of Mir Client.exe opens and crashes immediately after without an output error..

not sure what can cause this.. some specs i have are windows xp sp3, italian version, it's a netbook with 1024x600 resolution, atom N270, 2gbs ram and 320gb hdd.. not sure what other spec can help you..

i will try to download the file again but i doubt it's because it's corrupted.. because it will give a win32 execption in that case..

my directx is version 9.0c

ps: installing the directx runtime to see if this fixs it

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Someone on my MSN had the same problem, Updating with the links in my post fixed his problem.

It sounds like a DirectX issue.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
directx fixed it.. thanks!

account created and everything works perfectly.. the glitch on the female wiz after all is only a placement error i see.. so don't worry..

great work for now :)

Last edited:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Email and DateOfBirth TextBox - Fixed,
Mir Not resizing again after alt-tabbed - fixed
too many character's now fits in box.
Login ID will no longer be case sensetive.

(Will take effect with new client)

Yes I have disabled Start Game as you won't have the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.