New Server Underway...

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I see, I will need to compile my own from the official

I have a program to do just that which, I will see if i can get ingame with me on a mir 3 map. and then post a screen / vid

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Victory!!!!!

These are Official Mir 3 Tiles, on a Tile Test Map I made.

Tomorrow I will convert the rest of the Mir 3 Images into an accessible format, complete the Code for Walls/Objects and every Mir 3 Map will work.. with Mir 3 Objects.

legendofmirclient201004.png

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
this sounds very nice.. i never played mir3 but i know that maps are made much nicer than the mir2 ones.. hope the mix you are doing will look nice and can't wait to see more of it.. surely this will be very intresting if you can manage to end it because it will bring in the mir community a lot of new things..

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Why re-invent the wheel? :thumbup1:

Because the wheel was crooked. :thumbdown:

I keep following all your updates, its coming along nicely.
I just hope it goes somewhere, like into a server. or even better - a release. :laugh:

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Ok I am at a stage where I need to "straighten" up my files, They are currently a complete mess with things hanging out everywhere, Its Vile :(.

By the end of tonight I hope to have a pretty looking set of files which I will try to keep tidy, Unlike my room which is an absolute Mess *Guilty*.

I'll update when complete.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Just a Query, When I get around to advertising a server with these files, where do I advertise... in the Mir2 or Mir3 Section? as its 50% of both.

And for those who are wondering about a release, I have said in previous posts that once I've made my attempt at a server I will release as I nor anyone else will know how good/bad they are.

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
i think you will need a special section to advertise them.. A new mir4 section? Hihi
What i was thinking, as u have said your going to release these files when theyre finished? Then there will be a flock of these "hybrid" servers so to speak, so a new section would be a good idea imo.

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
What i was thinking, as u have said your going to release these files when theyre finished? Then there will be a flock of these "hybrid" servers so to speak, so a new section would be a good idea imo.
well speaking about mir4 hes not the only one whos working on such files theres also

DjDarkBoys who done alot of work on the files Mir IV "Unleashed" which were considered Dead ;)
hes gona finish them in 3-6months .
cant provide more info atm :P

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
Ok I am at a stage where I need to "straighten" up my files, They are currently a complete mess with things hanging out everywhere, Its Vile :(.

By the end of tonight I hope to have a pretty looking set of files which I will try to keep tidy, Unlike my room which is an absolute Mess *Guilty*.

I'll update when complete.

i have seen your update on FH and you are doing very well..

have time to list what are the big features missing in your files up to now?

another question is, how are you going to make the npc scripting work? are you doing to use the same language they have now or make it so that they can read another?

Last edited:

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
well i think that reading his wils, reading objects, reading and displaying maps of mir2 and mir3 and having a working login, interface and network between client and server is already some good features.. probably most of the hard and low level work is gone by now..

and i'm quite sure that starting for fresh can make things much better because in the files we currently have there is soo much to take off that isn't used.. files aren't optimised at all.. just look at the weapon wil which has double the weapons it needs only because they separated male and female animation for the weapons.. this also goes also for a lot of other things..

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Fair enough where I don't like to mention things which haven't been coded yet, I'll make an exception.

some you may know already.
  • Mir 3 Mobs, Spells, Maps... Graphics basically.
  • Mir 2 Mobs, Spells, Maps... Yea you know.
  • Equipment Refine, Much like Mir 3 Weapon refine - any equitable item needs to be leveled before it can be refined.
  • Elemental Gems - Will be rare of course.
  • Elements.
  • Added stats can add Base Stats (DC+ 4 - 2) You get the point.
  • Added stats could add Negative stats.
  • The standard - New Maps.
  • Mir 3's Pig Pet (Your Item Hoover)
  • Monster Play - I am not planning to reveal this in its entirety just yet but I will throw it out there.

This is not counting all the performance enhancements, such as instant respawns - none of this "cycle" crap.

I will add more if i remember but I'v got more important things to do like coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.