New stance on cheats etc

Join Discord

Where do we draw the line on cheating, chargebacks, dox'ing and faking usercount?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
So the community has voted on revoking Valk's ban on advertising with almost 70% in favour.

You have also expressed the importance of the rules being applicable to all, no exceptions for anyone.

On this basis the LOMCN Global Rules & Guidelines are going to need to be updated to reflect the community's new standpoint on various actions that were, until now, deemed to be detrimental and unacceptable on the whole. So we must get our ducks in a row now before proceeding any further.

The next question for the poll will be where do we drawn the line, if anywhere? If cheating, chargebacks, dox'ing and faking u/c are all fine (this is what Valk was banned for, as discussed here and here), are DoS attacks/flooding of a server fine too?

I don't see how we can argue that if compromising the integrity of someone else's server or players' experience via cheats or hacks is OK but compromising it via flooding or anything similar is not. So I think it's only fair that Jesus be unbanned too. But you can decide by voting! 'Cos democracy!

There are only two options because they are the only options available as a result of the previous poll.

NB1: Server tags like "Avoid" will also be going as we are scrutinised for this being unfair or biased too.

NB2: This is NOT a discussion thread on whether or not the allegations against Valk are true or not. Do not ask for proof or your post will be deleted. That case was dealt with and closed over two years ago. If you missed it, tough luck - that is not my problem. We are not civil servants here to answer to your demands as and when it suits your agenda. We are a very small team of people handpicked, imo, for their integrity and trustworthiness to do right by the community as a whole.

We do not ban anyone from advertising without proof. The receipts I have incriminating Valk over a number of years are both substantial and ratified
. There is zero doubt to his guilt. This is not shared with the public because anonymity of people blowing the whistle is more important and more useful than the likes of @Guccci or anyone else seeing evidence to support our actions. If you don't trust us to enforce the rules properly and fairly after 20 years then that's sad but ultimately I don't really care at this point.

That's the final word on THAT.

• Dislike
Reactions: TheOnlyOne

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I would suggest blocking replies on this thread.
I think locking it blocks replies but also freezes votes though :cautious:

Quick edit:

Personally, I will NOT be voting on the poll, imo the forum rules need an overhaul with the difference in time and the community itself. With the two options being displayed I therefore can't vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: a3dam and Omnibus

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
what a sad day that LOMCN has been forced into making this decision.

i prefered it when it was all hail the might Tai and he just didnt take **** from anyone and if they didnt like it tough ****... ive been on that end and im still around....

can we have a 3rd option... called what the hell has this come to :/

EDIT: ive also not voted, imo a known cheater should be banned but what do i know... i abuse my powers....

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I m not talking about Valkyrie but what if someone enters on a server with a modified client and sends tons of candles to one recipient?

I've seen those things being done, the person who showed me is not a cheater however he showed me how he can flood my database with symbols and shits.

Whats the difference between this and a DDOS? DDOS / Flood seems more gentle lol.

I refuse to vote.

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm kinda confused on what the second option covers tbh

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
This shouldn't even be a poll. If you're allowing cheaters then you must allow dosing, you cannot draw that line.

I voted to allow everything. Because the 70% of morons who voted to allow cheaters will regret their decisions when their precious servers get exploited and lomcn does nothing about it.

And we all love a good "I told you so"

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
everything excep ddossing someone.. like it says, speedcheats are fine, exploits are fine, antiflinch is fine... just dont ddos!
Jesus... what is happening haha.

Think I'll keep hold of my vote for now.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
inflating numbers = bad
chargebacks = bad
cheating = bad.
"doxxing" = bad

If someone is offending at least one, they would be banned with me, four... yeah - good night! Ultimately you have to think of the BIGGER picture. What is better for the entire community? What keeps things safe, sturdy and flowing? Anything that is counter productive to the goals of the site, server or service should be met with swift punishment.

Never act weak, only tough.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
I personally only see the scope of responsibility for LOMCN is to not allow the distribution of cheats/hack tools or methods to otherwise attack/misrepresent a server.

Ultimately its up to the server owners to deal with actual instances of cheating, charge backs and DOS... LOMCN cannot really do anything about that, other than containing it and preventing it from spreading.

LOMCN is our community hub, as odd as it sounds - banning someone from the community for any of these offences, gives them a nice fresh start on a new LOMCN account with no-one the wiser. Better the devil you know imo :D

When we start filtering out which servers to allow to advertise, we start segregating our already very small community. I would think it better to allow the server to be listed and for discussions/reviews to be seen by the community. (Assuming that the server does not somehow degrade the community)

The poll does not contain any options worth voting for. :whistle:

Last edited:

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Apple Eating GIF by Bridgit Mendler

Load of opinions about this and that...
I have an opinion, Banksy is a criminal for vandalizing property...oh wait, at the same time he's an artist and a lot love his work.

Valk is a minor criminal at best, just do the right thing, this century. :sleep:
...Or, you know, you can just perma ban all artists bar the squeaky clean ones, I mean all of those squeaky clean server makers release really appealing content right?...right?

1683062737270.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Xander

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
If MirTracks doesn't show every server as having 999 users online once these rules change then they should be removed from the list altogether for not exploiting tbh.

I also hope to see atleast 20 cash cow servers put up using Jevs default database.

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
this ia poll **** tbh they should not allow or unban they should not allow acces to lomcn at all
i dislike this ****

shame to lomcn have this post

Status
Not open for further replies.