New to your community.

Join Discord

BrahmaBull

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2010
First of all, hi people =]. Basically im new to LOM development and server building. Played this game for god knows how long and love for it has driven me to make an attempt at making a server. Ive had a look around already and it seems to point in the direction of using TD 2.3Mir files? But if im making a server to compete with the likes of the best surely i would want to use 2.6? If anyone could shed light on the problems with 2.6 it would be a great help. Also i have had a look at the MIR IV post and the thread by JamieM regarding their versions of mir (i have played both 2 and 3) Merging the two would be awesome. Jamie mentioned a general release, i assume to server makers to use his files to create their own? Would this be more worth waiting for or could it be transferrable at a later date say from 2.3/2.6 - Clash as its called? Again any advice would be excelent. Cheers =D.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for anyone to release any files remotely worth using. The reason you've been "pointed in the direction of using 2.3" is simply because that is the only stable set of files (bar 1.9) we have available to the general public.

Regardless of what files you use, if you expect to "compete with the best" then you've got a lot of learning to do.

Upvote 0

BrahmaBull

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2010
No doubt ill have alot of leaning to do =P. Its just ive seen on 2.3 the features are nothing on what for example 4H and Elysian have to offer. Are these features strictly due to having coders avalible or can they be added to 2.3? Things such as quest, on 2.3 my quest systems only work coming up on the chat box "1/20 hens killed" Where as i on Ely and 4H they come up on the side, small things like this that do impact the server.

Upvote 0

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
No doubt ill have alot of leaning to do =P. Its just ive seen on 2.3 the features are nothing on what for example 4H and Elysian have to offer. Are these features strictly due to having coders avalible or can they be added to 2.3? Things such as quest, on 2.3 my quest systems only work coming up on the chat box "1/20 hens killed" Where as i on Ely and 4H they come up on the side, small things like this that do impact the server.
TD's 2.3 files are closed sources so you can't add anything new unless its scripted in, like you said a quest system that displays the kill count in the chat box.

FourHeroes and Elysian are the only current servers running on custom files, so almost anything can be added to them by the coders.

If you are just starting out, i'd suggest starting with TD's, learn the basics and then either launch on TD's files or wait for a release.

One thing I will say, don't be put off just because some servers have coders, coding isn't everything. OldSkool, running on TD's 2.3 files, beat a server that had coders and custom files.

Upvote 0

Andreas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 12, 2008
Timisoara
TD's 2.3 files are closed sources so you can't add anything new unless its scripted in, like you said a quest system that displays the kill count in the chat box.

FourHeroes and Elysian are the only current servers running on custom files, so almost anything can be added to them by the coders.

If you are just starting out, i'd suggest starting with TD's, learn the basics and then either launch on TD's files or wait for a release.

One thing I will say, don't be put off just because some servers have coders, coding isn't everything. OldSkool, running on TD's 2.3 files, beat a server that had coders and custom files.

or he can hire a 20 man team and fix the 2.6 files :D

Upvote 0

BrahmaBull

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2010
Cheers cels, that was one thing that was kind of making me have second thoughts (The ability of some coders on server teams i wont have) But cheers ill give it a pop anyways.

Upvote 0

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
or he can hire a 20 man team and fix the 2.6 files :D

Only takes 1 man :wink:

Cheers cels, that was one thing that was kind of making me have second thoughts (The ability of some coders on server teams i wont have) But cheers ill give it a pop anyways.

Just check tutorials around the forum, get familiar with the files. Then if there is a release in the future, you will have a good head start :drool1:

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

but thats because im such an amazing leet server creater :thumbup2:

Upvote 0

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
2.6 server files have small bugs, ppl reported here only database bugs, but database can be easly fixed anyone.

I never seen a person around here that actually specified some engine bugs.
My test server was online lots of weeks so ppl can play and test, and no1 cared to write an engine bug, but instead all want perfect working files.

Upvote 0

BrahmaBull

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2010
Just working on the 2.3 TD files atm, getting to grips with SQL. Some ingame bugs like the goldbarbundle (Just removed all goldbars,bundles n chests lol) Drops are hard to actually get right, gotta think how many mobs are spawning n how rare u want gold // items.. all in time though i suppose. Can 50m gold in bag cap be raised also?

Upvote 0

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
yeh in the setup txt HumanMaxGold=999999999 or think you can do it onthe m2server too, toadd max gold, Goldbarbundle bug is just a npc script error no need to delete all them :P easy fix.

Upvote 0

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Just working on the 2.3 TD files atm, getting to grips with SQL. Some ingame bugs like the goldbarbundle (Just removed all goldbars,bundles n chests lol) Drops are hard to actually get right, gotta think how many mobs are spawning n how rare u want gold // items.. all in time though i suppose. Can 50m gold in bag cap be raised also?

No need to remove them...it's just a script bug on the npc's. A typo infact.

Upvote 0

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I know this aint me thread but i may ask away. Whats best 2.6 files out? whats less buggy =P could you post a link? I wanna try a 2.6 never tryed befor xD

Thanks

Upvote 0

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ripman

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jul 22, 2003
Romania, Timisoara
With your's i carnt make a new character.. and i have a thing in me data says Ripman.itm & Ripman.sto What are they? And why carnt i make a new character?:bored:

Edit: I deleted it and now i can make character. But how do i open the SQL or w.e?

2.6 does not have SQL, they have a file called Data.mdb that can be opened with Office Access.

Use this game client:

http://www.fileplanet.com/199316/190000/fileinfo/Mir-2:-The-Legend-Continues-Game-Client

and this patch:

http://mirfiles.syshalt.net/mir2/mirserver - Ripman/Data.rar

Upvote 0

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008
I try download the fileplanet one and it wont download. I go on it then press link (DownLoad) and nowt happens... Could you upload this on MegaUpload?:)

Upvote 0