no-ip Problem

bloszek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2008
Hi I have a variable IP address, but I do not want to have a server on the hamashi, so I decided to put on a no-ip Could someone write me where I have to change the IP on the server to the no-ip that everything was okay?

Thanks

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Just 1 note, you can't enter the No-IP into the SQL it won't accept it, you have to keep changing your normal IP in there.

Upvote 0

bloszek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2008
You can not just give me where do I enter the IP of those no-ip because I do not understand this, please

Thanks

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
Enter the No-IP everywhere you would normally enter your Internet IP, apart from the SQL places as you have to enter that the normal Internet IP.

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
m8 go on dyndns.org there is a tool that gave ur pc ever the same ip it makes ur ip to a "static ip"

u get that ip from dyndns.org that ip u write where the guide tells u to put in lan/webip. than ever if u start ur server the tool (dyndnsupdater) look what dynamic ip u have and send it with that tool to dyndns.org than dyndns.org make it again to ur staticip and all ppl that wanna connect to that ip can connect.

lol sorry for my try to explain in that bad english iam german hehehe

Upvote 0

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
my cousin use no-ip for his wow server and he got a app that change the no-ip adress IP. but for mir u will have to change the TBL_SELECTGATEIPS IP manualy

Upvote 0

Amenovis

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 9, 2006
Germany
not with dyndns.org and dyndnsupdater cause u can write the static ip in all places u have to also selectgateip can be stay with the static ip from dyndns.

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Can anyone explain how I set up the dyndns on THEIR website to use with my mir 3 server? sorry if I seem completely stupid but just don't have any idea what I should do to get it set up. i.e What info do I put where?? I really can't make head or tail of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
but doesn't no-ip mean you have to keep updating the ip address in sql? i don't wanna have to keep doing that. the point is to minimise the need to keep changing ip addresses as i don't have a static ip and my isp don't provide them.

Upvote 0

Kaori

LOMCN MiR3 Queen!
VIP
Jun 3, 2004
Canada
Don't use DYNDNS - This is a crap service and no good, you also have to have a router that accepts DYNDNS in order for it to work correctly.

they have been good for me...

you can use a router or software to update your ip.

no-ip = dyndns...

you put the domain name instead of ip... if it works, congrats.

Upvote 0

mapadale

they have been good for me...

you can use a router or software to update your ip.

no-ip = dyndns...

you put the domain name instead of ip... if it works, congrats.
I've used dyndns and it's never worked correctly for me, hence using no-ip.

@Zordon - No-ip works in the same way as dyndns does, you download and install the client on your machine and hay presto it updates the no-ip address if your ip adress changes.

There's never any need to change the no-ip dns

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
either way i do it, how do i do it?? where do i get it setup on the website? I have accounts with both dyndns and no-ip, but can't figure out either way how to set it up :S

Upvote 0

mapadale

either way i do it, how do i do it?? where do i get it setup on the website? I have accounts with both dyndns and no-ip, but can't figure out either way how to set it up :S
With no-ip goto add host, you will also need to download the no-ip client and run that from the server as a service on startup.

when u use the add host function - use somthing simple IE: mir3.no-ip.biz

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
With no-ip goto add host, you will also need to download the no-ip client and run that from the server as a service on startup.

when u use the add host function - use somthing simple IE: mir3.no-ip.biz

thanks thats where i was unsure. What option do I need to click on? DNS Host(A) etc?

I take it the IP they supply when you add the host is the IP i would use in selectgateip etc etc?

Last edited:
Upvote 0