No job :( asses lol

Vannaroth

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2004
London/Aberystwyth
end of the day, in todays climate your qualifications mean sqwat theres proberly a thousand people which have gone for jobs which your are applying. any job is better then nothing

Bollocks. There are tons of jobs/industries that you quite literally cannot get into without a degree of some kind. These also tend to be the higher paid jobs. I've met people like you before who think they've made all the right choices by dropping out of education. Well, fair enough, but you're still working at a fish factory.

I have no problem with people who drop out of school to find work, but don't try and trivialise the hard work and qualifications of those who decided to stay in education.

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Having a degree definately helps you in any job. I work as a web designer for autotrader at the moment but I don't have a degree in web design. I'm a geneticist / micro biologist. Having a degree shows employers you have the penchant for hard work, dedication and time management and often gets you an interview when you just reaffirm these qualities. If I didn't have a degree, I wouldn't have been able to get the job.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Having a degree definately helps you in any job. I work as a web designer for autotrader at the moment but I don't have a degree in web design. I'm a geneticist / micro biologist. Having a degree shows employers you have the penchant for hard work, dedication and time management and often gets you an interview when you just reaffirm these qualities. If I didn't have a degree, I wouldn't have been able to get the job.
so your saying people without a degree wouldnt give 100% of there dedication. thats aload of bollox. youve got people who've been working for most of there life, supplying a wage for a family house hold just so they can live.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
so your saying people without a degree wouldnt give 100% of there dedication. thats aload of bollox. youve got people who've been working for most of there life, supplying a wage for a family house hold just so they can live.

Dedications one half, knowing what the hell you're doing is another hence why qualifications help with this as they're trained in certain areas.

If you dropped out and have 0 grades it shows you're not really dedicated or DISPLAYs it that way in this "day and age" Or some crap you said. And yeah okay you can say well at least they get a job, how many of those turn around and say i enjoy it? Those that are normally high up do enjoy there job as it's what there passionate in.

That's the blunt truth, and to be fair he had a right to say he doesn't enjoy the job, it's his opinion who the hell are you to go around telling people to get off there high horse exactly? If anything you should take the advice yourself laddo.

Anyway, Grats on the job lewis, it's hard to find jobs like that nowadays after recently being made redundant anyway. So good on you :)

/Czelda

Last edited:

lewis

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 15, 2004
Southampton
Dedications one half, knowing what the hell you're doing is another hence why qualifications help with this as they're trained in certain areas.

If you dropped out and have 0 grades it shows you're not really dedicated or DISPLAYs it that way in this "day and age" Or some crap you said. And yeah okay you can say well at least they get a job, how many of those turn around and say i enjoy it? Those that are normally high up do enjoy there job as it's what there passionate in.

That's the blunt truth, and to be fair he had a right to say he doesn't enjoy the job, it's his opinion who the hell are you to go around telling people to get off there high horse exactly? If anything you should take the advice yourself laddo.

Anyway, Grats on the job lewis, it's hard to find jobs like that nowadays after recently being made redundant anyway. So good on you :)

/Czelda

thanks :) sorry the thread has become an argument lol, one reason i got a team leader job is because of a degree, and they actually mentioned that to me, saying it shows i have dedication.