[OFFLINE] Sparta Mir2 - Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
In all honestly, I just wish Herc stuck with his original idea, it was out there (the one class into 3 class system) but I've always liked his unique twist on things.

U-Turning on it and changing so much in under a week was a very risky move.
Herc has a good heart and his motives are to give unique server experiences, just might not be able to take the negative feedback well (you need very thick skin to be a server owner)

As you can pool year(s) into a game on and off, and for people to **** on it (justified or not) you can't lash out on them and act 'un-professional' as gamers rage/rant, it's the nature of the beast

Reactions: sweetfa

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Did anyone take a screenshot of him asking us what rage was?

Rage is a simple spell, a stat increase, you've seen the amount of max DC you can get your hands on.

Feel sorry for some of you, it's like you've never played any complex PvP game online.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
Rage is a simple spell, a stat increase, you've seen the amount of max DC you can get your hands on.

Feel sorry for some of you, it's like you've never played any complex PvP game online.

i feel sorry for you, trying to defend herc, when everyone but you could see how poorly put together the server was, its idiots like you that make servers worse.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
i feel sorry for you, trying to defend herc, when everyone but you could see how poorly put together the server was, its idiots like you that make servers worse.

"Wizard can 1/2 hit me, I'm leaving".

(Fixes that problem via shielding + letting you know of ways to improve defense)

"LOL you can't give these skills to xxx, I'm leaving"

I don't know why you're being such a tradionalist, It's been clear to me since the offset that this High Rate custom is a PvE focus game mainly up until you get your gear/self sorted starting at I'd say lvl 90+. The PvE works, the maps are great, the mob spread makes sense, there is an upgrading system with clear achievements...
THEN later after that give your firm opinion on PvP because that is what is clearly made here.

Why are some of you acting so disabled that you cannot even try it? I want to be done with you people who think, for examples, a mage simply Magic shields, FW's an entire area and T bolts/FD's mindlessly until he ruins or he's ruined. Stop boring me ffs.

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
"Wizard can 1/2 hit me, I'm leaving".

(Fixes that problem via shielding + letting you know of ways to improve defense)

"LOL you can't give these skills to xxx, I'm leaving"

I don't know why you're being such a tradionalist, It's been clear to me since the offset that this High Rate custom is a PvE focus game mainly up until you get your gear/self sorted starting at I'd say lvl 90+. The PvE works, the maps are great, the mob spread makes sense, there is an upgrading system with clear achievements...
THEN later after that give your firm opinion on PvP because that is what is clearly made here.

Why are some of you acting so disabled that you cannot even try it? I want to be done with you people who think, for examples, a mage simply Magic shields, FW's an entire area and T bolts/FD's mindlessly until he ruins or he's ruined. Stop boring me ffs.

Actually i quit once i got to level 3 and realised how bad the server was, i didn't intend to waste my time, i was speaking on behalf of what others had mentioned to me about balance, but i cant say i didn't expect it to say the least because although he tries to make a good server bless him, he has no clue about any of it.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
i think people are entitled to say what they have experienced alecs. Supressing people in how they comment on a thread come on.. lol you didn't wanna clear up clear negativity on 3gs server post. But some one being slightly negative saying don't know why people defend x person and your asking him to relax a little lol.. i dont know ice but im sure he is relaxed? Some just express there annoyance through way of wording. Also from what i saw / read again im cool with herc. but 9-10 people all came bk to me with the same thing. rushed completely far off. Deleting all negative comments and removing all channels. Very unprofessional. good luck to him in the future tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3gena

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I just dont get why the mir community is so feking atrocious. Dont like the server just dont play it. No need bash it. Herc is one off only a handful still trying put out a server. If a server aint for you delete it and move along. No need for the button bashing.

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
I read this as a "I will be banned" from lomcn for something said but no warnings or anything I can see so guessing this is a personal choice?
--From sparta discord--

New source code

• As you can tell there’s a fair few things wrong with LOMCN new source code. So many features that use to work and still do on ppls servers using the old code now are bugged and require code fixes to make them stable.

• I would have been better off using MirWorlds code as I had 77 code improvements on that from the original Base Code on LOMCN...but I was lured in by that fancy new looking trust merchant so I swapped under the impression it was stable to use.

• The new source code on LOMCN for any of you potential GMs out there is bugged to high heaven, it should have its own “Untrusted”stamp on it. Bare this in mind if you plan on ever using it for commercial use.

this is why he aint gonna use LOMCN again lmao

• Wow
Reactions: Tai and Belle

Taurus

LOMCN Member
Jun 25, 2020
I just dont get why the mir community is so feking atrocious. Dont like the server just dont play it. No need bash it. Herc is one off only a handful still trying put out a server. If a server aint for you delete it and move along. No need for the button bashing.
agree with you

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
soo stealth asked for a GG refund, he refunded it and he got reset back to level 100 from 126... and then he killed him in safezone lol

EDIT: hes just banned him for requesting a refund on GG lol and he said apparently in PM he can have it back

Last edited:

Positive

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2015
I mean he paid to get items in gameshop to get ahead? Buffs/exp whatever else..so if he's being refunded being reset to level 1 with the advantages he had seems fair no?

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
15% more exp, thats extra 100 exp on top which is nothing lol. i would've just taken his pads if i were him and taken like 5 levels off, not like 126 levels now hes lvl 1 and banned lmao, abit stupid what herc is doing

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Lost his head coz it’s flopped hard, he talks a good game but that’s about it.

Also instead of slating the free files available why doesn’t he say what all these bugs are so they can be fixed?

TashaRocks

Banned
Banned
Jan 25, 2021
My honest review of the server :

Well, where to begin ? I played until level 120+

A total of 7 caves , very minimal for a mir server let alone one that claimed to be innovative and fresh .
Class balance was totally squiffed from the start
Knee jerk changes to classes
The owner does not like criticism and would rather blame the LOMCN released files for the pitfalls of his server
Removal of all discord channels because of criticism
Constant crashes over launch day and into Saturday (Again blaming LOMCN released files)
Boss drops copied and pasted
No unique items in boss/sub files
Very, very linear progress : Go to X cave, kill mobs get kit, move onto next cave. Rinse repeat
Did i mention the GM doesnt take criticism ?
Poor spawns in caves

I could go on and on about whats wrong with this server and put very little into whats actually good about it . Usercount went from 70 on launch night, to 7 as i right this review.

All in all 1/10.

Poor effort herc :(

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I'm playing it, not to bad it's giving me my mir fix, extremely casual but its fun, still confused when I see a Red glowing item on the floor and its not special, just for warriors -.-

@Herc cmon!
1611609821374.png

Status
Not open for further replies.