People who moved on?

smoochy boys on tour

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
Euro Mir gm was whom gave me the old dB they used for mob stats. They did lurk and play private servers. It was hush hush.
Lol I just clicked your signature, your low rate/high rates was the first proper mir I played. Too young to really enjoy euro, apart from jumping on my brothers account and losing his items. But those screenshots do bring back some memories.

Reactions: MentaL

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
only a few names that i actually really remember from euro, that was ecco (she always stood in BW ring shop next to npc) and Crash, pvping him upstairs store was peek mir for me lol..

CripplePatrol

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 23, 2003
Hi MasterD, long time! Petroni here. Currently playing Artificial, just started, LUIGUI playing too. Met an old P serv guy tonight (was Jerell something on P) and he was asking if the forum that had the post named "A day on Phoenix Sever" is still out there anywhere. Anyone have a clue? We fancied having a read of some of the exploits. Lots of the old faces still about it seems, all good. Glad to here DD is doing well but we was always destined to... ping your FB maybe
Alright guys!? Long time no speak!

Same to you masterD - still loving Davidoff Cool Water?

• Haha
Reactions: MasterD

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
There was so many people I miss from this games. I guess most moved on eventually life and other games.
Still yet to find an mmo that gave me the feeling of mir2

Reactions: Jev

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
I hope not, I have fond memories of leocrasher. the work they did when we were both mods etc.
Hopefully they just got older and moved on, like so many people.

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
I recall some file issue with Viper maze. Map missing etc. Patches or similar. I didn't get it but I know some players did.

I do recall Eclipse having some sort of death list of players and I knew one of the players and alerted him to it so he would hunt down every member in guild for it.

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Anyone remember some legends from the LOMCN/MIR2 scene who seemed to vanish over the years? I hope they're doing OK!

One name that comes to mind from these forums is LeoCrasher. They were some kind of admin, and randomly quit over night, then vanished. I also remember a guy called DJHexXxy from Dragon Server.

Hope they're doing OK!

Who do you remember?
-Superhoops™
-Teralicious1
-TheKrays
-Deliverance
-Amberr
-StarScream
-Regis
-DorisTheBrave
-Domiino

edit* special mention, don't know how I forgot this name. NoWhereMan - basically the bogeyman to my whole friend group when we were like 12-13, always red, killing everyone in sight with his tao backing him up - Medics I think it was. Thinking back he made the game so much fun seeing him destroy groups of players.

A few of the names that come to mind that I spent so much time leveling with and getting to know.

If anyone knows them get them to ping me a message!

Reactions: Follower

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
-Superhoops™
-Teralicious1
-TheKrays
-Deliverance
-Amberr
-StarScream
-Regis
-DorisTheBrave
-Domiino

edit* special mention, don't know how I forgot this name. NoWhereMan - basically the bogeyman to my whole friend group when we were like 12-13, always red, killing everyone in sight with his tao backing him up - Medics I think it was. Thinking back he made the game so much fun seeing him destroy groups of players.

A few of the names that come to mind that I spent so much time leveling with and getting to know.

They might be on here now you've mentioned their names.

Always possible they've gone onto other things.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
-Superhoops™
-Teralicious1
-TheKrays
-Deliverance
-Amberr
-StarScream
-Regis
-DorisTheBrave
-Domiino

Ive seen amberr on a few servers and DTB/Sabre

NWM is still playing i think

Slayer1985

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 20, 2014
20+ years names hmmmm. this could be so far from true but here goes...

GMAlaria dyslectic ingame gm and forum mod : i am the law and you have been judged, got triggered and banned alot peeps inagme.
LouD forum mod , banned ingame for hacking gm account spawning mobs for friend singame?
Duckbill , ingame warrior nice guy , forum mod mirstock attendee
Italian gm forget name also spawned wts/zt outside bw town for his r/l friends
darkdestoyer2 apes high council
wayne : server god
gambit (wearing heavy armour in bc before 33 armour and W2 was deepest part of bc
DaWolf deathrow leader one of many whom would que 12+ hours for EC
sexy8838 one of first ppl i saw with DSS it was lvl 35 dc 35 , i think wayne apex leader had the 1st?
Pain4ul ? apex member i stole a recall neccy from him on a zt hunt in 2002/03
Asheroth : leader of meridian my first proper guild on dragon server

later names pitbull, homersimpson , will edit as i remmeber more

Tom27

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 15, 2005
Norwich
There was so many people I miss from this games. I guess most moved on eventually life and other games.
Still yet to find an mmo that gave me the feeling of mir2
I have the same problem, and I can't explain why Mir just hit so differently, maybe nostalgia? The PK and people dropping items seems fairly unique.

On topic I remember a dude called CrimsonTide on pserver, I think he was quite old even back then..

I missed the real high point of Mir Euro I think I was a bit too young, most of my memories come from late game D Server, OKS fights etc.

On the point of D and P being so different, I remember on P server people would queue for the WT and shout the queue order. Then I logged on my bros character on D server and shouted a queue & people just laughed at me.

jonny6296

LOMCN Leecher
Aug 15, 2023
Hello everyone!

jonny6296 here. I played a Warrior on Dragon Server from the original beta to level 42 until I got banned then started a Warrior called <RVD> through to level 46 until the official servers were shut down. I was a forum addict always posting on the official forum. I was in a number of guilds over the years but the ones I remember were Apex, Fallen Angels and Rebellion in the early days. Some names of people on Dragon Server that I remember are listed below. There were a lot more but I have forgotten all the names after 20+ years and tend to remember all the pkers etc.

Some memorable events I recall were the Easter event which caused controversy as a lot of high end items flooded the market. I remember Alaria spawning some random chickens in Bichon Wall, well after the easter event. I looted one and it randomly dropped a Great Axe (must have been a small chance in the loot table somehow) . I remember the server rewinds that happened on a few occasions. At one point there was a full weekend server rewind which was around the time many players were starting to hit level 40. It caused uproar on the forums and I had to do most of level 39 again which took hours and hours of grinding the exp back in Bug Cave.

I remember buying a luck+4 j mace and eventually sold it to help buy a dragon slayer. I remember being one of the few players on the server with a tele ring. I looted a paralysis ring from the easter event but it eventually was just sat in storage as it went down to 1/1 dura. I remember buying cross half moon for 16 million gold and then Twin Dragon Blade for something like 12 mil gold. I remember finding several J Maces from fallen players and always gave them back to those players after verifying who had dropped it. Who can forget Sabuk Wall and PK village.

Players that come to mind whilst typing:

Nomad, Trooperr, Lust69, Z3ro, Piney, Moonviolet, SILVERSHOT51, fibre, fibreoptic, Kotic, Wayne, bullpit, Duckbill, Griff77, Frozen, Marioparty, Mazo, MentaL, Hobber, Alaria, Gadget, ratman, TheGreatGrrr

I still enjoy gaming and have a YouTube channel mostly for entertainment: youtube.com/@carbongamingcardiff

Feel free to follow, all the best

jonny6296

Last edited:

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
Hello everyone

jonny6296 here, i played a warrior on Dragon Server to lvl 42 til I got banned then played a warrior called <RVD> to level 46 before the servers shut. I was in a number of guilds over the years but the ones I remember were Apex, Fallen Angels and Rebellion in the early days. Some names of people on Dragon Server that I remember are listed below. There were alot more but I have forgotten all the names after 20+ years and tend to remember all the pkers etc.

Some memorable events I recall were the Easter event which caused controversy as alot of high end items flooded the market. I remember Alaria spawning some random chickens in Bichon, well after the easter event. I looted one and it randomly dropped a Great Axe (must have been a small chance in the loot table somehow) . I remember the server rewinds that happened on a few occasions. At one point there was a full weekend server rewind which was around the time many players were starting to hit level 40. It caused uproar on the forums and I had to do most of lvl 39 again which took hours and hours of grinding the exp back.

I remember buying a luck+4 jud maces and eventually sold it to help buy a dragon slayer. I remember being one of the few players on the server with a tele ring. I looted a paralysis ring from the easter event but it eventually was just sat in storage as it went down to 1/1 durability or something. I remember buying cross half moon for 16 million gold and then Twin Dragon Blade for something like 12 mil gold. I remember finding several J Maces from fallen players and always gave them back to those players after verifying who had dropped it

Nomad, Trooperr, Lust69, Z3ro, Piney, Moonviolet, SILVERSHOT51, fibre, fibreoptic, Kotic, Wayne, bullpit, Duckbill, Griff77, Frozen, Marioparty, Mazo, MentaL, Hobber, Alaria, Gadget, ratman, TheGreatGrrr

I still enjoy gaming and have a youtube channel for fun youtube.com/@carbongamingcardiff feel free to follow I mainly play World of warcraft (Warrior) and Warzone.
remember a fair few of those, and i i recall you were a warrior yourself

trooperr, ended getting banned and made a new warr called trooperrrr if i remember rightly
remember bullpit selling up to the qatars
wayne, leader of apex if i remember rightly

hobber/alaria were GM's, remember hobber from GameNetwork (where i first came across mir, 56k dial up and download accelerator, what a time to be alive)

didnt gadget go on to create c5software and start developing his own scifi based game with a similiar format to lom/mos (2d isometric)

Reactions: jonny6296

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Hello everyone

jonny6296 here, i played a warrior on Dragon Server to lvl 42 til I got banned then played a warrior called <RVD> to level 46 before the servers shut. I was in a number of guilds over the years but the ones I remember were Apex, Fallen Angels and Rebellion in the early days. Some names of people on Dragon Server that I remember are listed below. There were alot more but I have forgotten all the names after 20+ years and tend to remember all the pkers etc.

Some memorable events I recall were the Easter event which caused controversy as alot of high end items flooded the market. I remember Alaria spawning some random chickens in Bichon, well after the easter event. I looted one and it randomly dropped a Great Axe (must have been a small chance in the loot table somehow) . I remember the server rewinds that happened on a few occasions. At one point there was a full weekend server rewind which was around the time many players were starting to hit level 40. It caused uproar on the forums and I had to do most of lvl 39 again which took hours and hours of grinding the exp back.

I remember buying a luck+4 jud maces and eventually sold it to help buy a dragon slayer. I remember being one of the few players on the server with a tele ring. I looted a paralysis ring from the easter event but it eventually was just sat in storage as it went down to 1/1 durability or something. I remember buying cross half moon for 16 million gold and then Twin Dragon Blade for something like 12 mil gold. I remember finding several J Maces from fallen players and always gave them back to those players after verifying who had dropped it

I still enjoy gaming and have a youtube channel for fun youtube.com/@carbongamingcardiff feel free to follow I mainly play World of warcraft (Warrior) and Warzone.
I enjoy gaming too, I'll PM you my xbox live name if you're on there.

Apart from maybe social stuff on Mir, I did have inspiration from all the mob hunting etc when I was a solo noob and also at later levels in Mir. Some familiar names are on that list.

I'll subscribe to your channel :)

Reactions: jonny6296