Banned Phantom Mir3 - HIGHRATE

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
How many highrates have you done ?
How many highrates have you played?
The playerbase are extremely fickle in the time they will play a highrate , or are you in the ''5 players online'' is fine camp and continue updating for little to no reward (in terms of playerbase growth) ?
Players gravitate towards new servers, and players enjoy the beginning of servers more than the end - if that makes sense
I just counted 28 significant updates for the last server , if you take into account thats over 3 months i'd say that its nothing to do with me being 'lazy' , infact the complete opposite wouldn't you say ?

My last server was updated more or less every other day, and drip fed content (lots of content i'd like to add) and still the playerbase dwindles down to a point of almost nothingness

I've not done any high rates as of yet; if I was going to do one, it'd be damn interesting.

I've played a few.
The content is generally the same as default, the items they add a few extra sets above the usual and nothing more (oh and the 'ramped' stats obviously)
Because of the content HighRates need to churn, they tend to skimp on customization and details (which is what will retain your players)

The player base of mir servers are extremely fickle irrelevant of the server type.

I've not tracked your server and it was a point in general at high rates.
I can't imagine they were all significant?
I am not diminishing the work you are doing, but a significant update every 3 days ...

If the updates were all introducing new caves and such each update, then you found yourself with an issue to rectify before your next launch, you need cave re-playability and more content on launch (it'll make your initial life easier, and better commit time to more content).

Just because it's a highrate, doesn't mean each cave needs to be irrelevant after a few levels, **** make each floor in each cave more difficult.

Goodluck on your relaunch tho!

Reactions: eternalpain

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
personally, I like high rates, struggle to play anything nowadays. high rates give you the feel of progression and usually, it's smashing a cave full of mobs.

Reactions: Symtax and Jev

eternalpain

Banned
Banned
Apr 5, 2014
I've not done any high rates as of yet; if I was going to do one, it'd be damn interesting.

I've played a few.
The content is generally the same as default, the items they add a few extra sets above the usual and nothing more (oh and the 'ramped' stats obviously)
Because of the content HighRates need to churn, they tend to skimp on customization and details (which is what will retain your players)

The player base of mir servers are extremely fickle irrelevant of the server type.

I've not tracked your server and it was a point in general at high rates.
I can't imagine they were all significant?
I am not diminishing the work you are doing, but a significant update every 3 days ...

If the updates were all introducing new caves and such each update, then you found yourself with an issue to rectify before your next launch, you need cave re-playability and more content on launch (it'll make your initial life easier, and better commit time to more content).

Just because it's a highrate, doesn't mean each cave needs to be irrelevant after a few levels, **** make each floor in each cave more difficult.

Goodluck on your relaunch tho!
My servers tend to have hundreds of items and too many caves (normally people complain that there are too many caves as opposed to too little) . The feedback i do get though is that my high rates are super fun hence why im always bugged to re-do another

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
personally, I like high rates, struggle to play anything nowadays. high rates give you the feel of progression and usually, it's smashing a cave full of mobs.
Only issue is that after 3 months it will go down. But I guess players are knowing what they singing up to.

• Haha
Reactions: Amrod

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I would say so yes, the community in my discord all know that nothing lasts forever
My suggestion which you're completly intilted to disgregard.

Spend a decent amount of time starting from scratch (Clean database), create everything new. New maps for provinces, switch the caves up abit. Get yourself content up to a decent level. Advertise as much as you can, build some hype or some drama (that can help).
Launch a beta.
Go from there.

You want to be able to release a server and not need to worry about major updates for some tiles. This will allow my you to focus on bugs and QOL adjustments.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
LCD added some nice QOL features in infamous though
Yea, I think he added Gems/Orbs on Infamous or was it on Insanity (Hells)?
Good feature tbh. Should be added to default Zircon repo.

Reactions: Amrod

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Came to see what new stuff was being added for the relaunch but seems they banned EternalPain R.I.P wonder what happened their.

Jokerall

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2018
Seeing as OP has been banned, is the server not launching? what happened?