[CD3.55] please help me get server online

dagras

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
i have all my ip's in place(i think) and ports forwarded.all my gates seem to be connecting yet when i log into game choose character and click login i get the error message " you disconnected, and want to reconnect?"this is a reccurring message, any ideas?

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
You need to search an IP setup for a router than becasue you need to use your LAN IP, also you need to forward the ports of the gates etc

Upvote 0

Buldok

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 27, 2010
all ips to 127.0.0.1
Net Ip: TBL_SELECTGATEIPS, ServerInfo: 127.0.0.1, NET-IP: 7200
HL_RegServer
LOCALIP =192.168.1.XXX
open ports 7000, 7100 and 7200 from your router

ListMake:
ServerIP: 192.168.1.XXX
ServerPort: 7000
RegserverIP:192.168.1.XXX
RegserverPort:7010

Upvote 0

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
all ips to 127.0.0.1
Net Ip: TBL_SELECTGATEIPS, ServerInfo: 127.0.0.1, NET-IP: 7200
HL_RegServer
LOCALIP =192.168.1.XXX
open ports 7000, 7100 and 7200 from your router

thx btw saves searching etc. The ip needs to be static and not Dynamic or reboot will most likely changee IP then no1 can logon,

the router can be dynamic tho, with internal Static Ip

lalalala

(Loopback) Guesss Ill look that up too..:P

Last edited:
Upvote 0

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Routers really don't matter, its the person setting the connections. Best thing to do is, set ALL IPS 127.0.0.1, this includes router IPS. Then try to connect on that PC and see if you get in, then go for gates being set to external IP and about 3 or 5 of them if I recall correctly. You can use search function and Idibiga did a IP Setup for Holley.

Upvote 0

dagras

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
all on 127 work. i changed ips one at a time and all connect and works fine until i get to point where create character/choose character and click login. clients attempts to log in and i get message saying disconnected, and want to reconnect, yes/no?. when i click yes it just shuts down
i had same problem when setting up test server and fixed that but it dont fix it now

Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
As i say Dagras, please try the following

Loopback issues? - set up the required IP's and ask a friend to test connecting to the server whos not on your network

Ports? check that all the ports necessary for the gates have been forwarded

After that we can check more if they are all working, we jsut need to narrow down the possiilities

Upvote 0

dagras

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
yes all ports are configured.ive had to purchase a static ip as isp wont provide one.everything works on 127.0.0.1
only trouble i have is when after choosing character and logging into game i get error disconnected , and want to reconnect, yes or no?

Upvote 0

tkila

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 8, 2011
TBL_selectgateips its must be only 1time

i mean

Athena (your ip ) FLDPORT and mir3gametype

not more than 1time that

Upvote 0

spartekas

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
USA
get someone not on your network to try and connect first

You will have alot of problems with routers though, personally i can't host a server and connect on my network and I tried loopback adapters and everything

Forgive me if i dont do this right... If I try to connect to Athena

can I use another client/ and what would I need to change in order to attempt connect..

I have seen People use 1 client but dont understand how they do it, or dynamics of it

Geo plz tell me what I would need to do on my end and I'll try to connect tyvvvm

Dagras Tkilla is right.. I have no idea how you have 4 rows in select gate ips But there is only 1 in all the 1s I have seen exept Yous lol So maybe the 3x 127.01.01 might screw it I got zordons if you want?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Forgive me if i dont do this right... If I try to connect to Athena

can I use another client/ and what would I need to change in order to attempt connect..

I have seen People use 1 client but dont understand how they do it, or dynamics of it

Geo plz tell me what I would need to do on my end and I'll try to connect tyvvvm

There is a widget in most clients that allows the quick change of the HL3g so you can change IP's and Server names in seconds without decrypting, I've looked on mirfiles but can't find it so i'll have a look around and see if i can find it anywhere

Upvote 0

Zordon

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 26, 2008
Manchester, UK
Dagras Tkilla is right.. I have no idea how you have 4 rows in select gate ips But there is only 1 in all the 1s I have seen exept Yous lol So maybe the 3x 127.01.01 might screw it I got zordons if you want?

Correct. You only need 1 field in SELECTGATEIPS or it will disconnect as your making it think you have 4 servers all using the same port. Best bet is to delete that table on SQL and recreate it with just 1 row on it with your ip.

Upvote 0