[Poll] for the Servers PayToPlay Design

Should EuroReborn have a single PayToPlay option or a choice of tiers with increasing benefits

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not đŸ˜ª
Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

• Haha
Reactions: WelshSteel

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
you all know im a stubborn git, sometimes to my own detriment.

also pottsys right, if i opened up the server and let players buy gamegold at a whim i would make thousands. but im not going to do that for 1 reason.

a subscription required server has never been done outside of officials and im curious to see how it does. plus i like the idea of a level playing field for all players and i think the casuals will appreciate that more

If all you care about is those 20 monthly paying players, and don't want to create some advantage money gap or something, then put in a cosmetic gameshop, of the 200 you will definitely have, 20 of those will donate out of good will.

Make looting pigs and mounts gameshop only, something that doesn't create any real advantage, it's easily done.

It's really not stubbornness, it's idiocy...you are shooting yourself in the foot despite the work you've put in.

Post automatically merged:

I had many chances to wipe, start over again and capitalize over the addiction of players for a fresh server.

However I dislike the stress a new server creates for me, I got old.

Take a look at Mir3Europe for instance since you brought mir3 in the discussion, had 70 online, is down to 10 in less than a month.
I rather spend the time and efforts to continue building up the current server rather than attempting another 1-2-3 months of 180->20 online.

I know its like sabotaging myself with this mentality but for me at least is very stressful and I feel I have low morals opening servers that frequently without any good changes or systems, just to cash out.

Zircon released 4years ago or so, so since Zircon released, Zen had only 2 versions up (one still running, other one closed few months ago), I can't say the same for others which have the habbit of opening one server least 1 time a year.

Funny thing is if someone created a server that was BASED around wipes...it would be THE MOST successful Mir server out.

Like wipe cycles. But each wipe you complete a certain set of objectives, maps are moved around, you have an overall "Account Level" or something in addition to character level.

I mean the servers are literally wiping all the time anyway, you may as well make it a feature at this point, something that brings people back in cycles without losing the "Main" account progress. Maybe certain pieces of gear you can only get once every cycle and only repeats every 2-3 cycles or whatever (Or maybe never or just long enough to create that incentive to attend the wipe). So when you start the next cycle you have something in particular that gives you an edge to start out with. Kind of like seasons, but the issue with seasons like what Bon does is it doesn't really level out the playing field just because a season ticks over, it really needs to be something else entirely.

But not only would it keep bringing people back, it makes people want to return in order to not miss the cycle rewards (This is just an example), it also allows server owners to fix balance mistakes without just wiping, bringing down and returning with "V2" and a bad reputation.

Sure eventually the wipe cycles would cause the starting players to be behind, but then like every 5th cycle or whatever starting gears/skills or whatever it is could be provided to close the gap a bit blah blah.

Maybe it's the wrong game for it, and there's no real way to do it in a heavily level dependant game...

Ultimately what i'm saying it, the players are the attraction a lot of the time...you either capitalise on that, or the server falls off hard and fast. Bring the players back somehow in masses and it will run just as good as it did on launch. Problem with that, it's hard to bring people back as it's so competitive, and returning to a pre-existing server where you may not be able to compete is not that fun for people.

Last edited:

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
If all you care about is those 20 monthly paying players, and don't want to create some advantage money gap or something, then put in a cosmetic gameshop, of the 200 you will definitely have, 20 of those will donate out of good will.

Make looting pigs and mounts gameshop only, something that doesn't create any real advantage, it's easily done.

It's really not stubbornness, it's idiocy...you are shooting yourself in the foot despite the work you've put in.
i dont have mounts on the server, loot companions have an advantage because they give players stats based on thier dungeon ability

i dont have cosmetics so i dont have that option

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
You'd just do a PoE League system, when after each 'league or season' it'd merge into 'standard'

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Hardcore mode on PoE where if u die u lose rights to play in hardcore
That could work as well but would be very frustrating.

Really a 3 month league, after the first, it goes to standard.
every league after that merges into the standard (gold, items ect move over)

The PoE model could work if done right for a mir server

Have unique rewards for end of league top players and such.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
i dont have mounts on the server, loot companions have an advantage because they give players stats based on thier dungeon ability

i dont have cosmetics so i dont have that option

I assume you can get these companions through the server...so add another skin of those same companions with the same stats that costs GameGold + "x" companion.

That way you can't buy it until you've earned it in the server (So you can't just P2W it as soon as you login), and then just make them move/loot faster or something.

You have crafting...do the same with crafting tools, doesn't always have to be exp/stat potions :D you have more opportunity than others to create Gameshop rewards that don't break the server, I suggest you think about it lol.

But well i've said my peace :D Good luck.

Reactions: Sanjian

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
There should be a f2p option or a much cheaper monthly which allows you to still play the game properly imo but with maybe a reduced storage/bag etc? £7.50 is a bit steep for a game like this these days. Personal opinion though, I hate being forced to pay for games, much prefer the option to donate if I want to later on for cosmetics etc. Paying a monthly sub makes me feel obligated to play more to get my moneys worth not be able to pop on and off as the mood takes!

My 10p though!

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
There should be a f2p option or a much cheaper monthly which allows you to still play the game properly imo but with maybe a reduced storage/bag etc? £7.50 is a bit steep for a game like this these days. Personal opinion though, I hate being forced to pay for games, much prefer the option to donate if I want to later on for cosmetics etc. Paying a monthly sub makes me feel obligated to play more to get my moneys worth not be able to pop on and off as the mood takes!

My 10p though!

Your 10p will allow you to log on and kill 3 hens. After that you must gather more change

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Your 10p will allow you to log on and kill 3 hens. After that you must gather more change
New payment method: PAYG

I'll send you a PAYG box that accepts £1 coins, when you put a coin into the box itll give you 1 day of playtime.

Weekly collections of the box too. I remember back in the day when our TV was on a PAYG box and a guy came around every few weeks to empty the box of £1 coins.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex

My 10p though!
there is a free to play option but players wont have access to storage, gemming, upgrading, refining, relationships, instances, alot of content is cut, but players can still play for free

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
there is a free to play option but players wont have access to storage, gemming, upgrading, refining, relationships, instances, alot of content is cut, but players can still play for free

Does that include guild storage?

Just trying to think ways ppl can beat system before live..

Create guild for storage
Buy kit that’s already gemmed

How beneficial are the instances?

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
but the basic features are removed making it unplayable so yeah you cant play for free

Status
Not open for further replies.