[POLL] Mir 2 3D meshes > 2D sprites Diablo 3 style?

Mir 2 Graphical Update

• Yes

Votes: 38 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Myth of soma lol

Mir2 3D? HELL NO
Why? Simple...mir 2 has a unique (original) pvp system. If u turn it to 3D, it will ruin the whole pvp system, and belive me..most ppl tht play mir2, play because of the way the pvp works.
There are **** loads of 3D mmorpg's with far better graphics thn mir 3D would have(aion, tera, etc). Why do ya`ll think ppl still choose mir2?

Personally, I play mir2 because u need something more thn lvls and kit to be good. Yea, talking about skills(pvp skills) not clicking on a target and spam spell's @ it till it dies.
Mir 2 is unique. Not like all the WoW and Diablo copy's out there.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Myth of soma lol
Personally, I play mir2 because u need something more thn lvls and kit to be good. Yea, talking about skills(pvp skills) not clicking on a target and spam spell's @ it till it dies.

Saying theres no skill when pvping on 3D games? If thought through and well done, Nemo and his team could create a very enjoyable 3D version of mir , which would cater for the people who love and can run 3D games. i personally love all games.

Everyones opinion to they're own really , but saying theres no skill when playing 3D games is just stupid. Infact, all PvP'in on mir for me was piss easy, walk / run pvping whilst holding shift? yes , lots of skill put in there mate. That's the same for taoist / wizards , pressing an fkey infront of a warrior to place a firewall isn't exactly "skill" is it.

Anyways... regardless of this poll, i wish the best of luck to Nemo and his team on the new 3D mir project, i for one will be excited to see this in beta mode!

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Ruby suffered because the coders gave up? Nothing to do with heroes files...

If there had been no Heroes line of development there's likely to have been far more interest in Ruby still. Even without the original coders, some more input might have been able to create some workarounds for various problems.
I do agree though, the lack of the two main coders has taken the heart out of the version.

<SOSO>

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 8, 2012
Everyones opinion to they're own really , but saying theres no skill when playing 3D games is just stupid. Infact, all PvP'in on mir for me was piss easy, walk / run pvping whilst holding shift? yes , lots of skill put in there mate. That's the same for taoist / wizards , pressing an fkey infront of a warrior to place a firewall isn't exactly "skill" is it.

Thats how noobs do it.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Because every 3D MMO is a copy of WoW? I remember playing 3D MMO's before WoW ;)

Also it'd be more like a copy of diablo because its essentially what diablo is...

diablo is an ARPG, WoW and Mir are MMORPGs.

That being said tho, Wow and Mir are still different in the way WoW has instances, and Mir is more world based, plus the whole faction thing.

And ye majority of 3D MMO's these days are pretty much copies of WoW, because no investors / big companys wanna take the risk in creating a completely new and different game, they wanna copy the game that works and has millions of subscribers, which is a real shame.

check this video, it basically explains what im saying and why all new MMOs fail

But obviously im not saying any game is exactly the same, just similar in some details

[video=youtube;VJ56Kia8dTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ56Kia8dTU[/video]

ps, get owned on mw3 u quick scoping newb lol :p

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Myth of soma lol

Mir2 3D? HELL NO
Why? Simple...mir 2 has a unique (original) pvp system. If u turn it to 3D, it will ruin the whole pvp system, and belive me..most ppl tht play mir2, play because of the way the pvp works.
There are **** loads of 3D mmorpg's with far better graphics thn mir 3D would have(aion, tera, etc). Why do ya`ll think ppl still choose mir2?

You haven't understood this thread at all have you.

afshangrudar1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 26, 2009
what are you building in? I have been slowly working away in what little spare time I have on building particle spell effects and other random assets in Unity.