Developer
Mar 26, 2003
who here thinks that if i released a vb.net source of:
- a mir server that can let you login using mir3 client
- has create account pages
- can make new chars
- can walk, chat, hit,...

doesnt have:
- mob movements (the mobs appear but they do nothing except spawn)
- npc scripts (the npc's appear but dont have any code linked to them)
- stuff like hp regen, status effects
- spells
- item codes (you can see the items your char has if you add them manualy
to db but cant equip or drop them ingame or anything)

now the question is who thinks he/she would be able to complete them(without my help but with the help of others on lomcn maybe :p)

i dont think i'll release it unless i finish it myself but i'm wondering if there's anyone who thinks he/she can work it out (if there are ppl who are willing to spend time and learn then maybe i'll release this version of the source so you have a chance to create your own server code and do whatever you want, dont bother replying hoping it will convince me to release just so someone else could do this for you :p)

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
is vb.net much different to vb6.0 since im learning that in collage tbh i doubt i could complete em But i could prob help people if there not that different

tbh I cant see that many people on lomcn being able to complete

Oh and nice work btw

NotMeAgainAgain

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2004
thedeath said:
- can make new chars

doesnt have:
- spells

now the question is who thinks he/she would be able to complete them(without my help but with the help of others on lomcn maybe :p)

i dont think i'll release it unless i finish it myself but i'm wondering if there's anyone who thinks he/she can work it out (if there are ppl who are willing to spend time and learn then maybe i'll release this version of the source so you have a chance to create your own server code and do whatever you want, dont bother replying hoping it will convince me to release just so someone else could do this for you :p)

Death mate, you know im up for anything, and i've been programming in vb/c++/vc++ for about 2 years now, im sure .net isnt all the different, ill be willing to give it a shot, and given the current affairs, we need one over the chineese, and any step is that, a step closer to a homebrew mir server

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
thedeath said:
- can make new chars

doesnt have:
- spells

Your joking? TD, you havent given up have you m8? (I didnt quite get that bottom paragraph.)
Damnit.

MSN me sometime ;)

-Wittin

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
@mordeth. i should bloody hope vb.net is a higher language then vb6.0 lol, you wouldnt be able to do anything as complicated as that if it wasnt.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
nah rofl I know its a higher language im wondering is there much of a difference i.e could i use without having to know much more with my knowledge of vb6.0

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Dude you said it urself in a chat with Bill, yourself and me - no one but urself is going to be able to do it. VB.net was such a difficult language to choose for this particular job, but you pulled it off well so far - i doubt anyone else will be able to equal u on this language, ur methods are somewhat 'undesirable' but you have improvised.

I doubt anyone will understand ur style, let alone follow it on.
(with the exception of Auron - .net master)

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
hehe wittin(others) i didnt really think anyone on lomcn would be able to even comprehend the code i'm writing (doubt even wing will be able to even read my code)
the code is so easy for me but so complicated for most
the tricky part with this kind of thing isnt knowing vb.net it's knowing how to think binary and knowing how to work out the differences between vb and c++
even a vb.net expert wont really have an easy time coding this :p

so well
nma> all i saw you code where noob apps so far (unless i'm wrong if so gime a few examples :p)
wing> never seen him finish anything, he started loads tho :p
mordeth> vb.net is similar to vb6 in some points like the interface but has huge differences in the end

Hate

¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
Liar, i've finished loads of things.

Not sure if i showed you them though ;p

more lies, ur lazy, just like the rest of us!! muahahahaha, btw all that sounds relly good TD, i would say i could help finish it and i would work hard on the files but i would just be lieing so :P

[:D]

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Hate said:
more lies, ur lazy, just like the rest of us!! muahahahaha, btw all that sounds relly good TD, i would say i could help finish it and i would work hard on the files but i would just be lieing so :P

[:D]
not quite as bad as the rest of us, at least he starts things lol, most of us dont even bother (LOL)

Hate

Wittin said:
not quite as bad as the rest of us, at least he starts things lol, most of us dont even bother (LOL)

nah he tells us he starts things, but really he is using his army of sex slaves to work for him, and that whip of his hurts :(

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Hate said:
that whip of his hurts :(
Not half as much as his newest toy...

anyhow... what about aurons, errrm, or the erhhh... how about the login server that didnt work :)

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
bah vb.net, u should recode it to c# :D surely if you know c++ already c# would make more sense anyway :P