Request Chinese language pack

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
when you go onto a chinese website it sometimes comes up with a box saying install language pack but i dont have the disc with the files on to install it so i wanted to no if anybody could post a link to download them

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
What you're looking for is the i386 folder, you can't downmload them legally apparently, you require a windows disk but i'm sure if you search around a bit you can find it somewhere

mapadale

I'd sugest using somthing like babelfish to translate the site.

You can find the Lang packs on the net, but they are not an easy thing to come by and you have to be specific to what your looking for also and not just a genralised search ether.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
I don't know about writing really, but I believe there are chinese fonts available for ms office.
When you install the i386 you get many many asian fonts but they don't change the text into chinese or anything if thats what your thinking, they are still in whatever language you type.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
if i bought a chinese keyboard will it work with mycomputer or do i need chinese componants n chinese OS too ?

Um do you actually know Chinese Simplified?..

You can type Chinese with a standard keyboard since every Chinese symbol has an ascii font equivalent. It is not as simple as a-z having a matching chinese symbol there are thousands of them

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
welll ive seen chinese keyboards with english letters under the symbol so you no what they are but just wanted to no if it would work with a english OS

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
My chinese friend somehting about that he types in roman and then at the end it gives u options of what chinese word it is, as i think alot of words have a few meanings etc. I seen this myself in MS Word or something i dunno, best to ask kaori or someone i suppose.