Rest in peace to a legend!

Nostalgic

LOMCN Member
May 19, 2020
This is extremely sad to hear. Any member of the LOMCN community passing away results in less knowledge and preservation of our beloved game over time. Especially as devastating when these community members spend 5 minutes out their day to solve a problem that it would take a newbie otherwise hours to resolve. Thank you for your contributions @IceMan.

Reactions: mir2pion

azzee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2015
Saudi Arabia
This is really sad. Been seeing him helping and replying to people ever since I was a kid.. rest in peace legend.

yizhibi

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2013
I haven't seen any news from him for a long time. I didn't expect him to die. R.I.P, Iceman

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
John was a good guy at heart. We may have had a falling out but at the end of the day, it wasn't really that important. I'm glad we both got back on talking terms.
I will miss, the somewhat daft questions and the random crap you came out with (don't we all do that? lol), those late nights of frustration followed by delight, some memories I won't lose. RIP fella.

Callisto

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
John was a good guy at heart. We may have had a falling out but at the end of the day, it wasn't really that important. I'm glad we both got back on talking terms.
I will miss, the somewhat daft questions and the random crap you came out with (don't we all do that? lol), those late nights of frustration followed by delight, some memories I won't lose. RIP fella.
I remember them long nights with him coming up with random ideas that had no relivance to what we were trying to work on but it was always a laugh with him. He definatly will be missed RIP Johnny Boy

Reactions: Jev

wolfman

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 24, 2003
I recently logged back onto forum after years, getting that Mir itch. Browsing through the forums, often I'll read a message and think what's IceMan's opinion here, or I bet IceMan wrote that. glance to the left and its not him. Wheres his reply? I ask myself.
Just come across this, shocked. RIP

/Failanx /Krane

czm6553930

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 17, 2012
Having not logged onto this forum for a longtime, I decided to take a look just then. And I suddenly found out this shocking news, in my opinion, he certainly was a great contributor to this forum. R.I.P ICEMAN.

Reactions: Jev

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Really sad to hear this news.
Me and Ice go way back all the way to the original 1.4 days.
I made the server Foundation and struggled to host it at home. Being a young kid I had no money to buy a dedicated server (they were expensive back then) and servers made no money to cover the costs.
Ice kindly offered to host for me and gave me continuous support on how to achieve things for the server.

He then went on to keep the Foundation name going with my blessings when he released the server using I think the Ruby files.

He was a fellow staff member on LOMCN with me for many of years. We hadn't spoke much at all over the recent years but he always had my respect despite some issues he had with his recent servers and team members.

RIP my old friend.

Man i've been away for a long time from these forums and only joined back recently, just heard of this news :(

It really breaks my heart and this Post hit home because i remember playing Foundation 1.9 on Ledu files very very vividly spending days in Insect cave, i remember speaking to IceMan nearly every day then asking for tips where to level up etc he was always so kind and ask any of my annoying questions, i was a young kid at the time, all the way up to Crystal when i stopped playing he was always a gem who'd help me and anybody with anything if he had the time

True Legend and Human being, Rest in Paradise my friend <3

Reactions: BleH and Tai

OxxpqxxO

Dentity
Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
I've been away the entire 2023 and only joined back recently aswell, just heard of this news!

He was indeed a helpful person and liked by a lot, rest in peace dear friend you will remain a legend of this forum and in our hearts!

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
It is always a chilling reminder when I come across his posts on not so old threads or where he put a like under a post. It is like it was just yesterday that he was still around. Makes one pause.

Moderat

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
he is a legend in those hearts who knew him, respected him and loved him as a friend, rest in peace my friend