Server files all set up for offline use (Released Foundation files)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
DON'T USE THEESE FILES, THEY ARE OUTDATED AND ARE ACTUALLY HARDER TO SET UP THAN THE NEW ONES. NEW FILES LOCATED AT

http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=35624

Ok, seeing as lozmuir's link is down, and there is just so many newbies and well plain stupid people (sorry but it is), i have set up a set of files (using the old foundation server files) so all you newbies will stop having that many problems and stop starting stupid threads :P, the files are set for the IP 127.0.0.1 and for the server name Foundation. You need to place the files into C:\mirserver for them to work.

Download files here
Download client+inis here
Download Ledu exe here (If you will use the Ledu exe, most of things ingame WILL BE MESSED UP, like mobs looking dodgy, items looking completely wrong etc etc.

PLEASE NOTE: You have to change the regserver details in the setup.txt each time you restart your computer (if your IP adress is dynamic). You will have to run the 3in1.exe each time you run the server, not once.

Also, when you have loaded up the m2server.exe, wait a few minutes untill you see those three messages appear in the end of the m2server.exe log screen:
GoUmHN.jpg

after that, you can go ingame. If you wont wait untill the last message appears, the notice screen wont come up.

Do not use a server starter. They tend to mess theese particular files up.

The path in BDE Administrator, has to be set as:
C:\mirserver\Mir200\DB
Otherwise you wont be able to get it working.

To log in, and have your own GM character, use the following details:

ID: GameMaster
Password: gamemaster

Last edited:

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
duane said:
m2server comes up with this 04/07/2005 08:55:48 Windows socket error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted (10048), on API 'bind'
how do u fix?

or you need unplug and play

its in BH post

Upvote 0

duane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 21, 2005
still not working how can i post image on here? of the m2server and everything to tell me whats wrong

Upvote 0

spark71191

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2005
hmm i start the game log in as game master but where the doors are supposed to open, they dont they stay shut 4 eva

Upvote 0

mufar

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 22, 2005
i unzipped the files, and they worked gr8 OFFLINE, i then changed all the ip's to my ip, and then getting windows socket errors when i try load DB server, and Login server >.<

does anyone have a full list of ports that need forwarding, cuz i have port forwarding set up from my mir1.4 server, but maybye these are different ports being used?

must be someting to do w/ ports or something,(since the files are runnung localy) but i dont seem to be able to nail it >.<

any ideas???

Upvote 0

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
mufar said:
i unzipped the files, and they worked gr8 OFFLINE, i then changed all the ip's to my ip, and then getting windows socket errors when i try load DB server, and Login server >.<

does anyone have a full list of ports that need forwarding, cuz i have port forwarding set up from my mir1.4 server, but maybye these are different ports being used?

must be someting to do w/ ports or something,(since the files are runnung localy) but i dont seem to be able to nail it >.<

any ideas???

Are you on a router? If so, doesi t have a firewall?

I get the EXACT same problem, and I'm pretty sure it's because of the router fwall (which I can't access to disable :/)

Upvote 0

ZiR182

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2005
I got Everything too Work....

I type

Id: GameMaster
Pass: gamemaster

Door Opens i login i make a new character up, and when i type @level 10 or something my level doesnt change, the command doesn't work, any ideas?

Screenshot:-
images009uj.jpg

I Will Show More Screenshots if apprioate.

Upvote 0

ZiR182

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2005
Babyhack said:
maybe just maybe you are not an Admin/GM
have you added your Char Name to the admin.txt file

BH

Ahh thanks gave me the answer, i made a new Character up called GameMaster and he had GameMaser powers.

But saying if i want too make someone else a Game Master what do i do?

Edit AdminList and were is says

*GameMaster
*[CharactersName?] <--

Added my Name but still not Admin/Gm ..

Upvote 0

ZiR182

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2005
Babyhack said:
* Gamemaster
* Babyhack
* CharactersName
* Milofoxburr

edit you will need to reboot the server when you edit the admin.txt

BH

Niceley Said, Worked for me. thx.

Also Do you know why my sound files aren't working ..

When i hit a Mob or do FS etc, there's no Sound any ideas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Quite New too this, and Do i just extract the Ledu exe too the Legend of Mir Folder? Becuase i've tried it and when i Open it it loads up and chinest Symbols comes up, But the Client Exe Works Fine, Just the Ledu Ain't working for me thanks in Advance.

ZiR

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
ZiR182 said:
Niceley Said, Worked for me. thx.

Also Do you know why my sound files aren't working ..

When i hit a Mob or do FS etc, there's no Sound any ideas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Quite New too this, and Do i just extract the Ledu exe too the Legend of Mir Folder? Becuase i've tried it and when i Open it it loads up and chinest Symbols comes up, But the Client Exe Works Fine, Just the Ledu Ain't working for me thanks in Advance.

ZiR
You will need to find a server wich uses ledu, and download that servers patches.

Upvote 0

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Does the Windows Socket error occur when the ports aren't forwarded?

EDIT: I know it's off topic, but I don't seem to be able to connect to my router.... I just get a 'Cannot find server' when I try andconnect to my local IP.

RE-EDIT: Just solved my own problem - my ISP has disabled my router login, and they won't let me forward my ports :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

leachy123

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 30, 2005
i got a bit of a problem, i get into the game and everything fine but then the db file is messed up, i have items not being seen and armours wrong in state items but still right on the players appearence, can anyone help me sort this out or send me a copy of a db that is right,

Edit:
i know this isnt my client because i have played the same client on a friends server and i can see the items there fine.

thanks for any help

Upvote 0

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
leachy123 said:
i got a bit of a problem, i get into the game and everything fine but then the db file is messed up, i have items not being seen and armours wrong in state items but still right on the players appearence, can anyone help me sort this out or send me a copy of a db that is right,

Edit:
i know this isnt my client because i have played the same client on a friends server and i can see the items there fine.

thanks for any help
You would need to have the data wich matches the DB's wich apparently is not available anymore. At one point, i will release a new set of files, with the matching data.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.