[Other] Server files of MIR3

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
Hey guys iam searching for a hole while at the MIR3 server files! I was wondering that there are no special Links, which are active. So every link in threads in Forum is down. Everybody is Talking about King files, Delphi files or CD 3.55!!

Can anybody help me to find out where to get the MIR3 server Files + Client ??

Hope you can help me and whish a nice day

:D

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
I actually finally got it working in a VM environment, it did take a bit of tweaking using specific software to alter certain functions in VM and also using a slightly modified version of XP that altered the hwid on install. It's not an easy task to do and not for the faint hearted, as I had to do a lot of rebuilds of the OS till I got it right for my use.

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
What I was referring to with installing your own OS (without the use of a VM) Can be done on something like one of these servers: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/dedicated-servers/

They offer full root access to the bios of the server and allow you to map a remote drive, thus being able to install a brand new OS of your choice through the KVM. Quite pricey servers but UK based

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
For hoey 3.55 should i need win server 2003 at 32 bit or 64 bit???

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Ups meant holley 3.55

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
For hoey 3.55 should i need win server 2003 at 32 bit or 64 bit???

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

Ups meant holley 3.55
32 and windows server 2003 doesn't work correctly at 64.

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Depends on the server spec. I just had a play with windows xp on a machine with an 8 core processor. Wasnt having any of it :(

soon as i switched it to single core, cd crack worked perfectly. soon as i switched it back it doesnt work.

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
Depends on the server spec. I just had a play with windows xp on a machine with an 8 core processor. Wasnt having any of it :(

soon as i switched it to single core, cd crack worked perfectly. soon as i switched it back it doesnt work.
Dual core is the highest I've been able to push either set of files, but I do use AMD. Holley was built on single core, hence you have to drop one core in order for it to work. The only solution I've found to this problem, is to run in a VM environment and set it to single core as part of the specs and not actually play with the main OS.

It's a bit of a pain really, as we have several quad core servers for which we wanted to use and now they are currently sat redundant.

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Dual core is the highest I've been able to push either set of files, but I do use AMD. Holley was built on single core, hence you have to drop one core in order for it to work. The only solution I've found to this problem, is to run in a VM environment and set it to single core as part of the specs and not actually play with the main OS.

It's a bit of a pain really, as we have several quad core servers for which we wanted to use and now they are currently sat redundant.

Wouldnt work even in a VM with windows XP set as 1 core and 1 cpu. Are you using VMWare?

Currently in the middle of attempting to get it to work with server 2003 setup on there to see how I get on. I'm picking up a DS from work for next to nothing in the next few days with an Intel Dual Core with 2003 on there so with a bit of luck i'll be able to get that to run things so I can start playing around with stuff.

Such a shame that the new development files are no where near complete and that I know nothing about delphi! I know they work on server 2008 and I think for Mir3 thats the only way forward from here!

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
Wouldnt work even in a VM with windows XP set as 1 core and 1 cpu. Are you using VMWare?

Currently in the middle of attempting to get it to work with server 2003 setup on there to see how I get on. I'm picking up a DS from work for next to nothing in the next few days with an Intel Dual Core with 2003 on there so with a bit of luck i'll be able to get that to run things so I can start playing around with stuff.

Such a shame that the new development files are no where near complete and that I know nothing about delphi! I know they work on server 2008 and I think for Mir3 thats the only way forward from here!
Yes I used VMWare, but you can't just use XP as you have to modify XP in order for it to work. I built up my own version of XP over trial and error trying to get it to work and eventually did. But I never played about with changing core outside of VM to single core, to much of a risk to cause long term problems with your machine.

We've got a brilliant machine at the moment, running our King server and this is only a single core machine. It's a Pentium 4 HT, running at 3.2ghz and 2gb of memory and it runs really smooth.

It's a shame that no one has codded the files for Linux, as in my eyes that's a system that is pretty much future proof.

Upvote 0

Elegido

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 13, 2008
Seville, Spain.
You need this:
Window XP SP2
2 or 3GB RAM
Any processor only 1 core.
SQL Server 2000
3.55 working
LS Guide
And run without problems :D

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
Can i take MSSQL 2003 or should it be 2000 ??? i think the installation way of 2000 is a little bit different

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
Ok then i have to try :) how can i stop other cores? Mean it like dualcores to singlecore

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
Ok then i have to try :) how can i stop other cores? Mean it like dualcores to singlecore
If it's on a dedi server, then you need to check with your host if you are ok to do this, otherwise as advised search google for uni processor switch.

1. right click My Computer or open control panel click administrative tools then computer management2. click manage
3. click device manager
4. click the + by Computer
5. right click ACPI Multiprocessor PC
6. click update driver
7. do install from a list or specific location (advanced)
8. then click don't search. i will choose the driver to install
9. select the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface(ACPI)PC
10. go on with the installation and restart computer

I wouldn't recommend doing this though, as it can cause issues with the OS, especially if the OS is installed originally to meet the server specs.

The only other way, is for BIOS level and is much more a safer route than the above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0