[Other] Server files of MIR3

Join Discord

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
Hey guys iam searching for a hole while at the MIR3 server files! I was wondering that there are no special Links, which are active. So every link in threads in Forum is down. Everybody is Talking about King files, Delphi files or CD 3.55!!

Can anybody help me to find out where to get the MIR3 server Files + Client ??

Hope you can help me and whish a nice day

:D

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
Ok! But for king i need a key too or ?? Some tutorials for these server files ??? Any ideas for windows server 2008 with sql 2005 ??? Hope u can help me :D and thank you for ur Private Time ;)

Upvote 0

ABurma

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2012
Ok! But for king i need a key too or ?? Some tutorials for these server files ??? Any ideas for windows server 2008 with sql 2005 ??? Hope u can help me :D and thank you for ur Private Time ;)
I don't mind helping people out, if they ask the right questions and have all ready looked for the answers, as I've done a lot of work for the Mir 3 section over the years to have that information freely available and so have other staff and members.

King Files

There is all ready a video in the server files, that shows you how to enter the key.

You will need this, to give you a translated console

You will need this as well, as the NPC commands are very different from 3.55. However some of the commands can be used in a different context to how they are shown, I'll go into this more when you get to this point.

Ok now if you've not learnt scripting, here is a good place to start to learn. It is however for 3.55 and not king, but it gives you the basic fundamentals of how to script.

Now if you search through the king section and also the Mir 3 Release section, you will find programs from both Coly (MapEditor) Kaori (KaoriMIM & AMS) Idabiga (Spawn editor, IP editor)

Hope that this helps you to start with.

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
First of all Ty for this nice introduction! But now there is another Problem! When i want to start the armafp.exe there would be an error and Windows server 2008 says it has to close emidiatly -.- Searched in forum and Google, but didnt find anything

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
First of all Ty for this nice introduction! But now there is another Problem! When i want to start the armafp.exe there would be an error and Windows server 2008 says it has to close emidiatly -.- Searched in forum and Google, but didnt find anything
This could be a very simple solution, so all I need to ask. Is what CPU are you using?

I wuill playy around with sql 2008 got a few more sources availablee, when im not doing school work.. Did you which files for mud3 did you download. I remember some1 cleaning the original. win32 virus summit Tai did add it to Mirfiles think its clean

http://www.mirfiles.co.uk/mir3/KingsMir3ServerFiles.rar

http://www.mirfiles.co.uk/mir3/SQL%202000%20King%20Databases.rar
I cleaned the original down : Search for Emeralled

However I do have all the original files and the cleaned up ones, but I don't have the capacity to upload the files.

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
Is there any way to install an MIR server on linux distribution? If yes it would be better, so i could install it on root server

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
Is there any way to install an MIR server on linux distribution? If yes it would be better, so i could install it on root server
Unfortunately no, I've been trying for a number of years to get the emulators to work on Debian. I've even gone to the point where I've built up a kernel to emulate windows and that didn't work.

It needs someone with the time and effort, to compile it's own emulators for Linux. As at the moment, the current Mir 3 project is windows based.

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
But how should i make an server? There are only servers with win 2008 distribution to rent. Didnt see any hoster, who rents server with 2k or 2k3 distribution. Thats my biggest problem. And i cant rent root server with win xp. It isnt server software

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
But how should i make an server? There are only servers with win 2008 distribution to rent. Didnt see any hoster, who rents server with 2k or 2k3 distribution. Thats my biggest problem. And i cant rent root server with win xp. It isnt server software
As standard, dedicated server host will offer 2008 as a sales entry, which is why most will have a point of contact for all sales. You will need to speak directly with the sales team in order to get a 2003 Standard Server.

Upvote 0

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Generally speaking, with a decent hosting company you will be able to get root access to their servers - down to the bios. Means you can map a drive and install the OS of your choice. You could also opt for a VM on server 2008 to run 2003 or xp and do it that way.

Upvote 0

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Generally speaking, with a decent hosting company you will be able to get root access to their servers - down to the bios. Means you can map a drive and install the OS of your choice. You could also opt for a VM on server 2008 to run 2003 or xp and do it that way.

But the 3.55 files can't be cracked in a Virtual Machine. It needs real hardware.

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
First of all, if u Need VM u will Need original Server Software iso. I have spoken with some Server providers and they all say Win Server 2003 is Out of Date and wouldnt be maintained. -.-

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
But the 3.55 files can't be cracked in a Virtual Machine. It needs real hardware.
Incorrect information there I'm afraid, I've had Holley running in a VM enviroment.

First of all, if u Need VM u will Need original Server Software iso. I have spoken with some Server providers and they all say Win Server 2003 is Out of Date and wouldnt be maintained. -.-
This is the issue a lot of people are going to face, some providers will still support MSS2003, as Microsoft still currently support it as a server OS. But it's down to individual companies on whether or not they will give you a 2003 server. This is why people will move to King soon enough, as Holley other than being hosted on home connections will become obsolete (Unless a VM environment is used).

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
Yes. I got an very good internet provider :) have rent this server. Got a question. Is 1 TB traffic enough ?

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
Yes. I got an very good internet provider :) have rent this server. Got a question. Is 1 TB traffic enough ?
It would depend on how many players you want to play your server, for around 10/20 players it will be fine.

Also remember the traffic is effected when you upload/download to the server as well as working on it.

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
I just thought on 100 or 200 players :) but first i will test it ;) if the 1 tb traffic is end it skows down to 10mbit hope it would be enough

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
I just thought on 100 or 200 players :) but first i will test it ;) if the 1 tb traffic is end it skows down to 10mbit hope it would be enough
You will be very lucky to even get 20+ players, let alone 100+ and if your thinking of those sort of numbers, then 1tb is not enough. You need un-metered traffic for those sort of numbers, but as I said you won't get them numbers at all.

Upvote 0

Melfin

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2012
I will try ;) it would be a big project with some friends. I want to create a team of 10 - 20 persons. Now we are 4 guys and its rising ;)

Upvote 0

mapafail

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2012
I will try ;) it would be a big project with some friends. I want to create a team of 10 - 20 persons. Now we are 4 guys and its rising ;)
Having more than just a couple of people working on a server is going to cause you problems in the long term and not matter how much you do with the server, you still won't hit those numbers. Xtreme tried this several years ago with Taral and yes it pulled on average around 50 peeps, but never hit the numbers of 100+. No one has yet to bring up a server that will get those numbers on and the fact, not many people are playing Mir 3 as much nowadays.

Upvote 0